CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

Skyrim:

I was running around and jumping up mountains (fake rock climbing pretty much... ya know, what you're not supposed to do in the game) and I got to the top. A dragon swooped at me, I fell off the top after backing up just a tiny bit... instead of dying, I got stuck in some crevice that I couldn't jump out of or die in. The dragon ended up ramming itself into the rocks to try and get me and I killed it... then restarted so I wasn't stuck and right as I did, I got flung into the air by a giant that wasn't there before xd.png

Today, I was playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, and I got to this part where you climb this HUGE tower to try and get this lightning chariot. I got to a part when I had to use an ExoTank (Basically, a motorcycle, for those who don't play) to get across this huge jump after going though a race track. I kept getting to the jump. I kept falling midway in the air. After about 5 or 6 tries, I realized I had to jump off halfway through the jump to propel Pit forward. I try, and Pit hits the edge full-on with his stomach. A full 4 times, because I kept trying. FINALLY, I make it over. By that point, i was tempted to scream, "Screw you, Nintendo!" and throw my 3DS into a pot of boiling water.

Skyrim:

I was running around and jumping up mountains (fake rock climbing pretty much... ya know, what you're not supposed to do in the game) and I got to the top. A dragon swooped at me, I fell off the top after backing up just a tiny bit... instead of dying, I got stuck in some crevice that I couldn't jump out of or die in. The dragon ended up ramming itself into the rocks to try and get me and I killed it... then restarted so I wasn't stuck and right as I did, I got flung into the air by a giant that wasn't there before xd.png

Hon, why didn't you just fast-travel out of the crevice?

Better TF2 failure:

I was on a VSH server (for those who don't know, VSH stands for Versus Saxton Hale), playing as a sniper. Well, I was doing my duties, shooting Hale in the face with a heavy-caliber rifle, when he dissapears from view. I assume he went into a building and carry on looking for him. Then, I realize I'm low on ammo. LITERALLY as soon as I turn, he punches me in the face and kills me. It scared the ever-livin' out of me, I swear. X3

Was playing Sims 3, forgot to save. In the middle of my story, I get the little swirly circle on my screen (on a Mac) and then the game crashed D:

~Cavey

Hon, why didn't you just fast-travel out of the crevice?

Can't fast travel when there's enemies nearby.

Minecraft:

In survival mode, I found a pretty deep ravine that I just had to look over the edge into. I could've sworn I was holding down shift... -.-;

Also, something I do pretty often 'specially during night: I keep thinking cacti are creepers.

I was playing Minecraft once and I ran into a pit of lava that I had just walked past 10 seconds ago.

On halo i was abotu to die so i threw a grenade at someone but my teamate killed the enemy so i walked towards him to kill any mroe and my grenade went off right next to me. And in halo ce anversary i was palying this one mission 3 hunters( bascily giant monsters with laser cannons on their amrs) commited suicide instead of trying to kill me. I must scare them away or something cause normally they always try to kill me (and succeed some)

Edited by thomasgold19

Just today, me and my brother were doing 100-man brawl in super smash bros brawl, and he failed and caused us to lose. TWICE. the first time, he threw a

bob-omb at an enemy that i was standing right next to and blew me off the screen. the second time, he got a warpstar and accidentally warp stared right off the edge. FAIL.

I have a lot of fails, but this is just a few... xd.png

Pokemon HeartGold: RIGHT after defeating Red, I turn off my game out of shock. FFFFFF- (censor mudkip awesomeness)

Minecraft: After getting diamonds, I decide to peek at some lava. Ooh, red liquid - AAAGHHH!!!! NO DON'T DIE YOU IDIOT!!! *presses escape and then goes back to game* And then the respawn message comes up...

Pokemon Emerald: Ooh! I cleverly try to transport some Hoenn guys to Platinum! I notice that there's nothing that says I can transport, so I go back to Emerald. Turns out that the game was a fake and all my stuff got deleted...

And I say that I am an expert gamer! xd.png An expert failure gamer, maybe.

Sigh... Me and my brother fail at brawl a lot, even though we're pretty good. We've blown ourselves up with smart bombs numerous times, and we failed three times at 100-man brawl again today. The first time, I threw a bob-omb at an enemy that i was apparently too close to, and ended up killing myself. the second time, 20 enemies into the brawl, my brother, who was playing as sonic, jumped off the edge. the third time was pretty hilarious, and it went something like this:

My brother: *Throws pokeball, Electrode comes out* Stay away from the Electrode, Marth! It's gonna blow!

Marth (me): Great! i have no intention of blowing up anyways!

Sonic: You mean jump into the explosion and get blasted into the sky, right? Okay! >: ) *Falls into Electrode just as it explodes and gets blasted into the sky*

Marth: SONIC YOU IDIOT!!!!

Game: FAILURE!

Me & my brother:NOOOOOO!

One time I was playing Mario Kart WII, and I was doing DK's Snowboard Cross. So during that section of track where it has very sharp curves and ravines, I accidentally took a turn too sharp, ad I flew down a ravine. Just as the screen faded out, someoneused a thunderbolt. The resulting crash made it seem like my character had hit the bottom of the ravine xd.png I have had multiple fails on that game but typing them all will take forever.

COD/ mw2. I was sniping an enemy, I missed and they chased me. I jumped off a building on Favela and onto a car that blew up on impact. For last alive suicide!

Oh, another one I remembered.

Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Gravity Gauntlet: was showing a friend the game, and picked this level cos it was easy and didn't have that story at the end like on the last level. So I had got past the water, and took the turn. The result was something like this:

Me: K, now there are some whomps down here...*whomp falls on me out of nowhere*

Me: (mentally) oh, s***, now I have to do that again....*tries again, turns, Whomp falls on me again*

Me: (mentally) wth...I normally don't do this bad....*tries again more carefully, Whomp crashes on me out of nowhere*

Me: (mentally) WTH?! ( by now my friend is cracking up and I'm trying to keep myself cool) *I try again, make it past Whomp one, only to have Whomp 2 fall on me*

Me: (mentally) this is stupid....* tries again, GETS PAST THE WHOMPS, jumps automatically cos the stage turned and I go flying over the barrier*

Me: sleep.gif (to my laughing friend) I'll try again after another stage.....xd.png

FAIL

Edited by rampaging wyvern

In MARDEK (an online flash RPG) There is one boss that literally takes a half an hour to beat. Right after the boss, you have to face another, and you can't save in between.

First Attempt:

Earth Guardian: I AM A ROCK MOLE MOOO!

Me: lawls laugh.gif

30 min Later

Me: Yay I beat it!, now to the earth crystal!

Mom: Time to go to bed!

Me: darn, dry.gif

Second attempt:

Me: Ok, LEt's try this again.

Earth Guardian: MOOO!

Me: laugh.gif still funny!

15 min later, (boss at half health)

Mom: Time to go to church

Me: blink.gif I need to think ahead more.

Third attempt:

Guardian: MOOO!

Me: rolleyes.gif

Later:

Me: Ha Ha, beat it, on to the crystal.

Maurice(second boss) : wacko.gif Hello friends!

Me, Yep, he's lost it.

Maurice: Anyway, since we met outside the temple it was obvious that we'd fight over the crystal, dang predictable plot. dry.gif

Battle begins, I am destroyed.

Me: blink.gif OK, I need to rotate my equips between battles, and is it really fair for him to have a handgun in a medieval era?

Fourth attempt:

MOO!

rolleyes.gif

Maurice: Hello friends! Dang predictable plot.

Me: OHWAIT! I forgot to rotate equi-*is shot*

Fifth attempt:

MOO!

ME: *Is torn to shreds*

How the [Profanity] did this suddenly become hard?

Sixth Attempt:

Moo!

Not funny anymore.

Hello friends!

Me: Die MOTHER[Profanity]ER!

And so it took me six tries (and twelve hours) to beat two bosses that really weren't that hard.

Minecraft: I was on creative mode and decided to dig through to the bottom of the 'world'. I forgot I could fly. You can figure out the rest.

Dragon Quest IX: I was fighting Corvus and went to my items because all my people were asleep (mentally yells: NOOOO! JAINY!) as usual, and so I opened the item menu and saw only my equipment. I had forgotten to pack my items.

biggest fail in my gameing history was when i was at my friends place and we were playing Tomb Raider 2, there was a high ground and a hole under it with water inside, we tried to swandive inside the hole and after one hour we still did not manage to jump in the hole, eather we were to short or to longthus killing Lara in the proces gazilion times.

I was playing animal crossing on my DS and accidentally grabbed and sold my violin instead of my keyboard. *Rage deletes town* Guess who just lost everything they had from when she first started the game in 2009?

One of the dumbest thing I've ever done with videos games would have to be Mario bros,

I jumped into the lava at a castle (this was my last life too) thinking it was water.

Killed a shiny togepi & Shiny gastly

ooh thats definitly a fail.same happened to me on my emerald exept it was a shiny gloom in the safari zone.

twilight princess: 2 hours to figure out that the deku toad (the zora temple miniboss) was above my head.

Edited by Sinornis

New super mario bros wii- My brother has an ability- i can't remember what it was- runs into an enemy, loses the ability, and immediately falls into a pit. another time, he was invincible, and ended up falling into lava. a third time, he was fighting goombas, he was regular mario, and he ran into the side of a goomba. later, he was trying to get past an ice bro. he managed to avoid all of the ice that was thrown into him, ran into the side of the ice bro, and died. FAIL.

Edit: NEW FAIL! my bro and one of his friends were playing the same game as above, and his friend was having EXTREMELY bad luck with abilities and pits in free-for-all. This is kind of how it went:

Friend: (has no powerups)

My brother: oh look, theres a mushroom in a bubble! *Pops bubble* *runs into mushroom on accident* sorry!

Friend: it's okay!

*This goes on in the same way for about twenty minutes*

Friend: *Accidentally ground-pounds into a pit that was one block wide*

Edited by SkyraTwilight812

Just now had another fail. See, I had some cake, so obviously I had to start up Portal and fight GLaDOS while eating it. Well, turns out it's too dangerous to stand still long enough to take bites of the cake. Then I kept failing to grab the Anger Core, which wasted a lot of time. I had 18 seconds left by the time I finally caught the thing. I thought for sure I was going to run out of time, but I had to try anyway.

So I make the portals, push the button, go back to the incinerator, grab the core... then the timer runs out, but Chell doesn't die instantaneously. She lives just barely long enough to drop the core into the incinerator. Then GLaDOS explodes, and it looks like the game counted it as a win, cut to the outside of the building with a view of dead GLaDOS, Chell starts getting dragged away and falls unconscious, and I'm ready to hear Still Alive... nope. It just goes back to the screen it was just on with the dead GLaDOS. So I was trying to figure out why it wasn't going to Still Alive, and then realized it was because I died at the same time as winning the fight, and Chell was in fact not still alive.

The funniest part is you have the option to save there despite the fact that you're completely unable to do anything. That and the fact that I had this totally genius idea in the first place while just happening to be using a Wheatley avatar on AIM and another forum.

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Skyrim: Accidentally tapped Z some moments after getting the Whirlwind Sprint... You know what happens next. (Falling down the mountain)

Monster Hunter Freedom: I tend to run straight into attacks and basically allow myself to get clobbered by wyverns.

Minecraft: My brother was loaded with diamonds and other lovely ores...He saw a lapis lazuli right next to some lava and jumped right in <___>

Patapon (I play weird games kay): In boss fights I'll enter the wrong command and watch my army get totaled by Zaknel/Dokaknel. Also lately I've been failing at Shookle/Shooshookle really badly.

Realm of the Mad God: I tend to go between good runs (averaging about 150-300 fame and working my way up- got my first blue bag today hehe) and really, REALLY bad grinds where I keep killing off level 5's. In particular I get impatient (because I want to be in the godlands again darnit) so I'll just suicide through the godlands over and over again. Curse my impatience.

Edited by Amphitrite.the.Nereid

Assassin's Creed I: I ran to go kill a guy, but two beggar came to beg and pushed them out of the way. I got close to my target, and two civilians suddenly turned into guards and blew my cover. I must've breathed on them wrong or something....