CrypticAsterisk

Video game fails

We all have those moments. Those moments when we are playing a video game, and do something so stupid/funny that you sit there dumbfounded thinking to yourself "WTF did I just do?"

Or, you know, falling out of your chair laughing.

Please list the name of the game you failed on along with your fail pleasles. ;3

As for me...

Quake: I was playing this game when I was like, 4 (don't ask), and I see this pit of lava. Said pit of lava is to big to jump over, so there was a pathway around it.

I attempted to jump it, 'nuff said. XP

Pokemon Yellow: I bawleeted my game file. ;3;

Spore: I walk away from the computer for a few minutes, leaving Spore on. I come back, and I'm being chucked over the horizion by an Epic. X3

Arcanum Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura: Made a critical shot into my own party member accidentally, who died and then my other party member said "Jolly good shot, old chap!" and I cracked up.

I was playing Gears of War 2 and all the grenades in this game stick to walls and people and such. so i was trying to tag a Locust with a frag and he tagged me without me knowing it. I am in the midle of a fire fight with two minigun wielding giants. I kill one then my head blows off! That was incredible because I thought one of their horrific snipers scored a headshot. Those headshots are impossible for them unless you stand out in the openperfectly still. And that will get you killed fast.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

I didn't see the pathway in Kakariko that led up to the roof, long story short. It took me a REALLY long time to get all the Tears of Light there.

Neverwinter Nights 2.

I was going to Moire's after completing a weapons shipment quest, and I forgot where she was. I went to her house, wasn't there. Checked this other dude's house, she was there, I just looked in the other room. It took me an hour to find Moire.

Olbivion, cheated and stopped the Emperor from dying biggrin.gif talked to blades guy and got the the Emperor is dead D: then talked to Jaffere and got the Emperor is dead, went to sewers again and he IS ALIVE :S fail

Olbivion, cheated and stopped the Emperor from dying biggrin.gif talked to blades guy and got the the Emperor is dead D: then talked to Jaffere and got the Emperor is dead, went to sewers again and he IS ALIVE :S fail

Ha ha, I did that too. biggrin.gif

Also, another Oblivion related fail. I used a cheat that let me fly, another to make me run top speed, and another to make me invinsable. I go through the sewer parts, kill all the assassin dudes, all that, then I go the way the emporor and his guards are going, by unlocking the ununlockable doors with a cheat, and the emporor never died, I never did the main quest, and I never got any of the main quests at all. Kvatch was the same though, but I couldn't do it's quest. Could be win, could be fail.

Ha ha, I did that too. biggrin.gif

Also, another Oblivion related fail. I used a cheat that let me fly, another to make me run top speed, and another to make me invinsable. I go through the sewer parts, kill all the assassin dudes, all that, then I go the way the emporor and his guards are going, by unlocking the ununlockable doors with a cheat, and the emporor never died, I never did the main quest, and I never got any of the main quests at all. Kvatch was the same though, but I couldn't do it's quest. Could be win, could be fail.

Win A win for sure

*spolier*

I make myself Dagon's daughter or the Mad god... also fun but fail because Sheogorath is the SAME FLAKKING DUDE as the one you're supposed to kill,

fail much?

In the Hellboy game, I kept trying to jump over the crack with the flames at the bottom... and apparently Hellboy doesn't jump well. >-> had to try like 6 times...

Batman: Arkham Asylum- that part where you can't alert the guards or the guy in the cage, like, plummets into the abyss? I kept leaping down onto that ledge with the one guard... but landing, like, right on top of him. ಢwಢ I am so sneaky.

my first time playing the passing campain I had no idea where I was suppost to go and ended up running around in circles in this one building (the correct path was to climb out a window and across a board)

I also did pretty much the same thing as Vexx but on windwaker in the forsaken fortress

Edited by chickenhound

On SC2, fighting against three pretty easy comps:

ally: OMG I'm getting rushed!

me: *sigh* *sends all my forces to save him. forces get slaughtered*

repeat three times

me:out of resources

me: overrun by zerglings

me: surrender

me: T_T

long story short, if you are fighting against easy opponents, don't waste resources defending your noob ally

Dwarf Fortress (freeware strategy game found on baygames site)

*I recommend this game to anyone who considers themselves a hardcore gamer*

Accidentally digging through to a magma river...and flooding my entire fortress in lava. Can you say roasted dwarf? Lots of FUN.

Deciding to fight a bronze colossus in adventure mode...and promptly getting my head punched off...(yes this can happen, and bronze colossus' at the time were invulnerable)

Forgetting to kill off the cat population and losing my FPS all the way down to 1 due to overcrowding...(was a glitch where cats over populated the fortress, can now be limited).

Accidentally killing about 15 dwarves with a cave-in...i got greedy with platinum and collapses a cavern...on their heads.

Getting so caught up in setting up traps I forgot to create my military...goblins proceeded to slaughter dwarves one by one in my fortress. Lots of FUN when you have dwarf children punching fully armed goblin spearmen.

And of course(to anyone whos played it) killing 3 dragons and 100's of cyclops' and giants in adventure mode. Only to get shot in the hand by a crossbow and bleedout. Was a sad day lol

user posted image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Vistyle

Killing MYSELF in Halo numerous times in a variety of ways...

Be it plasma grenade, normal grenade, or falling off the edge of something.

I am really good at dying in Halo...

: D

In Halo 3, I got a checkpoint while rolling down the side of a cliff in a warthog.

Took me ages to get out of that one...

Playing portal for the first time, the turret firing scared the heck out of me (since the music and effects are so quiet, and then it's like BAAMMAMAMMAMAMAMMAM)

And I got killed.

And recently, I was almost through a game on my comp, and my comp suddenly had some sort of computer seizure, and I had to restart it and lost my save data *hits head*

I was in Tribes 2 and i usually go sniper. i lined a shot up on their head but they moved just in time for the bullet to bounce off a wall and into my head.

A fail on the part of my Gameboy:

Metroid 2: Return of Samus. Killed about ten metroids.

GAMEBOY ACCIDENTALLY THE SAVE.

Cue the flaming rage.

Numerous ridiculous things in Halo. I'm pretty sure I've shot myself with the sniper before.

I also remember one time, I was hiding behind a wall, and only a little bit of my sniper rifle was sticking out, and my brother shot it and I died and I was like "...BUT YOU SHOT THE GUN!"

I like getting my own plasma grenades stuck to my face. xd.png

another l4d2 fail

I was in a two-man campain with someone and a tank appered and we set it on fire and when it came after me instead of running off and hiding and letting it go after the cpus I panicked and started running around in circels nothing bad happened expt i looked like an idiot..

Final Fantasy X: At the very beginning, when the sports announcers are doing their thing, I didn't realize I could move because I couldn't figure out where my character was. So I sat and listened through the whole thing, and then, when it was done, I sat there for a few minutes going, "Okay, now what? Do I get to play?" At long last, I jiggled the joystick and saw the flicker of movement that was my character. XP

~Feathers

Being backstabbed eleventy billion times in TF2.

That's one of em.

Or getting 3 headshots on a heavy in a row, only to find out that he has a medic around the corner keeping him alive. and that I should have waited for it to charge up.

In league of legends and playing a support character, using my ultimate to save my teammate only to have him idiotically charge into the middle of the entire team and die. Not so much a fail on my part, but these people are so stupid half the time. Or using my ultimate to save a teammate and assist my team in getting a kill and pushing forward only to have them run like hell the other way leaving me to die when we could have won because my ultimate heals them, knocks back the enemy, and slows them.

SC2, 2v2, forgetting to check the side behind the backdoor, even though I'm defending it because I just end up rushed. And not seeing a probe sneak into my allies' base so that he gets cannon rushed. Which effectively ends the game.

Forgetting to make an engineering place for a long time.

Not preparing for a mutalisk rush. Letting the enemy see my start so they just make the perfect counter-strat which literally finishes me instantly.

There are quite a few others.

Okay, I'd been playing MMBN5 Double Team on my regular DS so I could use Sol Cross. I got tired earlier than usual last night, but still wanted to play more Megaman. So I put my DS on the charger and started playing on my DSi, since I wouldn't have to worry about that one not having enough battery power to get through the next day if I was too tired to get off my bed and charge it. Well anyway, I'd rearranged my Navi Customizer switched out a few chips in my folder, and then accidentally hit the power button while trying to set a regular chip. Not a big deal, since I'd only lost the NC and folder modifications, but the select button isn't even on that side on either DS, so I'm not sure how that happened.

Also, in TWEWY, every time I accidentally get into a battle with my Tin Pin deck equipped.

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Well got another from last night playing Fallout: New Vegas. Was exploring as a level 10 and saw a deathclaw. Figured, hmmm I have a lot of grenades and two companions, I can take him. Well turns out it wasn't a random encounter, it was one of their locations and there were about 10.

I turn the corner after killing the first and see about 4 rushing at me. I turn tail and run, getting notices that my two companions were unconscious...Then two of the deathclaws catch up to me and kill me in two swings.

So lesson learned. Don't p' off a pack of deathclaws at level 10...come back at level 12 with 20 land mines, 20 grenades, and a sniper rifle with a lot of AP rounds to kill em all with luring tactics smile.gif