wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

If only lineages were viewable on the breeding screen, then it would be easier to breed the right gen dragons with each other

I acquired a few eggs of common value; the scroll of mine got locked. I missed a golden wyvern that time.

Missed a blusang on one of the hr drops, cause i refreshed the page again *facepalm* have yet to aquire one cb blusang for my scroll dry.gif

Didn't realize that two lineages I've been breeding have had a mistake in the third Gen. *Sigh* I found the first one a few weeks ago, found the other one today.

saw 4 CB blusangs go by in the caves, missed them all and one time accidentally refreshed while trying to click and got a common and locked myself dry.gif i just need 1 cb blusang atleast... oh caves, why dont you let me fulfill my dream?!

Setting too many lineages on at once and consequently becoming totally confused! wacko.gif

At Christmas I was thinking up names for my Wrapping Wings. I came up with the perfect one for my frozen hatcher 'Bundle of Joy' but it was taken. Determine to have the name I used 'Bundle 0f Joy' instead, always wishing I could have the name I truly wanted. Fast forward a few months guess who I found on my scroll here while idly looking through my scroll! Guess I can have the name after all, as soon as I think if a new one for my Pillow.

Edited by EmmieSage

^XD I've done that before, several times.

And this one isn't stupid, per se, more of a *facepalm* moment, but I caught a Split off the AP, and when I was checking out it's lineage I thought "Cool! It's even-gen and a PB checker, too!" And then I realized that all Splits are PB and that all EGs will be checkers because of dimorphism. XD

^xd.png I've done that before, several times.

And this one isn't stupid, per se, more of a *facepalm* moment, but I caught a Split off the AP, and when I was checking out it's lineage I thought "Cool! It's even-gen and a PB checker, too!" And then I realized that all Splits are PB and that all EGs will be checkers because of dimorphism. xd.png

Yep, the only ones that look good inbred! tongue.gif

Completely forgetting the egg description of Blusangs and refreshing past about 10 of them over the past few days. Only when I thought "wait, what IS that 'brine' egg, again?" and looked it up on the wiki did I realize my mistake.

*facepalm*

I really hate when I get excited over Incuhatching and forget to Influence before I do so...

*glances at name of Harvest*

Clicked past a CB Gold and misclicked a Nocturne (trying to click the gold).

Edited by rayden54

Just figured out another stupid thing I've done, although it's only stupid in hindsight: freeze a total of 23 CB black hatchlings. Of course I froze them back when blacks were still common as dirt, but oh how I now wish I had decided to do that project with adults instead of hatchlings xd.png

The biggest mistake I make on Dragon Cave happens here in the forums. I allow the pervading attitude that only CB 2 gen eggs have value affect my own attitudes about eggs. My first goal was to have 2 (male, female) of each dragon. When I accidentally wound up with two of a gender and type I already had, I changed that to 4 of each type, because I didn't want to abandon the extra. Then, when I had 4 of each type, I started trying to add CBs and 2 gens of things I didn't have those of. So, I spent hours and hours trying to get more CB Golds and Silvers. But, why? Not because I really wanted more, because the prevailing attitude is that the ones I have aren't as valuable as the CBs. They were every bit as valuable to me when I caught them, and I could be spending my time describing and naming my dragons which would be a lot more fun than hunting for dragons I can't see, probably can't catch, and I'm only trying to get because of someone else's attitudes. HUH?!? Not anymore. I'm looking for things for my scroll and for my reasons from now on.

Not really a *stupid* thing but just bad luck. On April 6, 2012 I saw a Paper in the cave and tried to catch it. At the same time I saw a CB Gold in another biome and clicked on it, too.

Got the Paper. As for the Gold... "You are already overburdened and decide not to stress yourself by taking this egg."

That's why I have a Paper named "I Should Have Been a Gold CB Zz" on my scroll xd.png

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Happened few days ago

Oooooooooh Moonstone egg! Click click click

Oh, it's a sunstone egg. I don't need you dry.gif

Edited by Aquakyogre

Freezing this beauty... ;_;

Here's the description I put for the poor guy...

If there were ever a unfortunate dragon worthy of such a name, he would be it. One infamous day, his master mistook him for another young hatchling and cast a freeze spell on him by mistake. By the time she realized that he was the wrong hatchling, it was too late. His dreams of siring his own children were dashed from that moment on, and the other dragons of Tamil Cave lament that such a promising blood-line will stay unfulfilled, like a blank canvas.

Not fogging my hatchling before I went to bed. >>

I incubated it yesterday, before i went to sleep, it was under a thousand views, so i put it in a few hatcheries because the egg had less than 2 hours left.

Woke up this morning ant the hatchling is sick with 6,000+ views ;;

Saw a Tsunami Wyvern, though I missed it. Refreshed and it was still there, reflex-clicked and refreshed at the same time by accident...ended up egglocking myself with a deep sea right before the new hourly drops. :c

saw a cb silver, tried to click it and accidentally refreshed the page and clicked a common AGAIN c.c why do i always do that? -slaps self-