wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

So this is just a copy and paste from another thread, but I'm happy I'm finally telling people about it. Because's it's really been bugging me.

"I chose to only have one of each holiday besides the Wrapping Wing (thank god I was smart enough to get two), because Christmas 2012 was my first holiday here (unfortunatly joined right after Halloween) and I thought I just needed one because since they only had one gender and one sprite, I thought I didn't need two because back then I didn't really like more than one of the same sprite on my scroll... I've regretted it ever since, and have kicked myself inside for not getting two of each. Getting no Holly was disappointing, but only getting one of each is even more to me, now. mad.gif But now I've learned! I don't care about duplicate sprites anymore. " dry.gif

Edited by MaggieXawesomeness

just missed a CB gold because i didnt see it till after i clicked another biome but i tried anyway and ended up with a waverunner >:(

Edited by linda3.0

So this is just a copy and paste from another thread, but I'm happy I'm finally telling people about it. Because's it's really been bugging me.

"I chose to only have one of each holiday besides the Wrapping Wing (thank god I was smart enough to get two), because Christmas 2012 was my first holiday here (unfortunatly joined right after Halloween) and I thought I just needed one because since they only had one gender and one sprite, I thought I didn't need two because back then I didn't really like more than one of the same sprite on my scroll... I've regretted it ever since, and have kicked myself inside for not getting two of each. Getting no Holly was disappointing, but only getting one of each is even more to me, now. mad.gif But now I've learned! I don't care about duplicate sprites anymore. " dry.gif

Awh,I totally know how you feel. x3 Not that I did get only one of each egg, but just plain stupid. o____o Firstly, I would have been able to get CB Sweetlings if I had gone on for Valentine's 2010 but for some reason...I didn't (I could've maybe been an alt too!)

And I didn't put my CB Ribbon Dancers in the daycare, so I don't have any CB of that. x3

And for my CB Black Marrows...I didn't really update it that well...so only one survived. x3

The remorse sucks. D:

Awh,I totally know how you feel. x3 Not that I did get only one of each egg, but just plain stupid. o____o Firstly, I would have been able to get CB Sweetlings if I had gone on for Valentine's 2010 but for some reason...I didn't (I could've maybe been an alt too!)

And I didn't put my CB Ribbon Dancers in the daycare, so I don't have any CB of that. x3

And for my CB Black Marrows...I didn't really update it that well...so only one survived. x3

The remorse sucks. D:

Nice to know others have Holiday egg regrets. I've probably been too hard on myself about it, though.

(nice avatar, btw)

I went and adopted an odd number of vampires. It throws me off that I have 2 light colored ones and 1 dark! It must be balanced! Yet I'm too scared to bite when I have the opportunity. dry.gif

(I couldn't resist making it 3 pony avatars in a row)

Edit: Ugh, another stupid thing. I just realized that I forgot to update my spreadsheet. That's 2 clutches I'm behind on...

Edited by Dimar

Nice to know others have Holiday egg regrets. I've probably been too hard on myself about it, though.

(nice avatar, btw)

Yeah, we can make do with others' awesome dragons and get their offspring. *o*

Thankies! I like yours too!

-----------------

On topic - Didn't do Valentine's Day breeding planning earlier. ;_; Now I'm hunting desperately for a 4th Gen Black x Valentine's 09' checker. /So not asking others....

I would have NOT been lazy and abandoned the egg I bred that was meant to go to the AP isntead of letting the site just get rid of it.

Instead, the cave kicked my second gen 09 Valentine X turpentine egg. I didn't know it would kick anythingBUT the bred egg.

Looks like I know now. dry.gif

Not something I've done but not done and only now realized. I was busy and had lots of lag for the sweetlings in 2010 so I only got one that year. Was sad 2011 and 2012 I never got my 2nd Sweetling. Only just hit me, I could breed my first to get my second >.>

Due to the extreme lag, I bred this gold dragcave.net/lineage/2hvd6 while another egg is yet to be abandoned, so egg locked, the gold which is a first for the pair, was bounced into the AP sad.gifsad.gif

Caught a 2nd gen heartseeker from gold earlier, basically my goal of the Valentine breeding season, then accidentally abandoned it instead of another egg. BLERG

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NYG2

My only Frilled dragon.

Why, oh why didn't I try for a CB??

^ I feel the same way. sad.gif I didn't really like how the frills looked so I saved them as one of the last dragons to collect. Turns out I was only able to get one non-CB one and that's it. o3o

Edited by Dragonwing1234

Freezing CB holidays. sleep.gif

I used to be interested in collecting over breeding, but the lineage viewer changed that. So two years ago I released all my frozen holidays, which really bummed me out since one had the 'forced' message and most had accepted descriptions.

*screeches*

Just saw my first CB gold in the cave!! though ofc i didnt catch it, congrats to whoever caught it though!! >.<

Edited by suskekun222

For this past Halloween I nabbed 2-3 of my own Halloweens' offspring from the AP. The stupid part is when I only realised that I had done so 3 months later despite going through all of them several times to name them! rolleyes.gif

OK, no more hunting for me.

For the past 3 times I've been circulating through the biomes during the top of the hour with Ctrl + Tab I somehow manage to "click" an egg without clicking and keep getting myself locked with random eggs. Dx Last two have been pygmies so I can't even bite them lol.

I've been searching for blusangs lately as it's come to my attention I only have 1 CB pair. Well, since the cave is blocked yet again I was refreshing the AP and lo and behold a blusang egg appears. In my surprise to actually see one, which to me is more exciting than a metallic, I delayed clicking on it for a few seconds. Of course by the time I did click it somebody else had gotten there first. So I checked the lineage and it's exactly what I'm looking for - a 2nd gen from CB blusang father/CB silver mother. It's the stupidest thing I've done on DC in a long time, letting a pretty egg like that go. sad.gif

Decide to use copy/paste on IRC when I logged in.

I get disconnected so often that I just copied my username. Then I was editing IRC quotes and I ended up reconnecting as TJ09 cause I was too lazy to type his name in quotes lots of times.

That didn't end well.

Edited by Ashywolf

Decide to use copy/paste on IRC when I logged in.

I get disconnected so often that I just copied my username. Then I was editing IRC quotes and I ended up reconnecting as TJ09 cause I was too lazy to type his name in quotes lots of times.

That didn't end well.

I imagine that probably went something like this:

user posted image

Well, it's not like I'm actually did something stupid, I myself is just stupid. o.O

Why? Because I have no idea how I got this guy: http://dragcave.net/lineage/aT0Ya. I know for a fact I traded for it...but what the heck did I have that was so good to get me this!? I'm confused. x3

Putting a Neglected in a 1-way transfer when I was looking to trade it, heehee... Somehow, after about 15 minutes, nobody had claimed it, so I managed to cancel the teleport. Still - stupid! xd.png

I was picking up vday eggs to see their lineages when the hour drop rolled around. So, I went to browse through the biomes and decided to sit in coast and see if I could get a blusang. INSTEAD, a gold pops up in the second spot. Of course I click frantically... Only to get the overburdened message... Turns out I had forgotten to throw the vday egg back to the ap before running to the drop.

ninja.gif Going to always check my egg space nervously now...