wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Going over my scroll, I remembered I had picked up a pretty G3 Carina from the AP whose G2 parentage was Carina x Alt Ridgewing rather than being purebred Carina. I have a purebred G3 lineage but I decided to rebreed the parents involved to make a new G2 Carina male and an alt Ridgewing female G2 and then breed another alt Ridgewing female at G3 so the Carina from the AP can have a matched mate. Previously my dragons were giving lots of Carinas and the occasional not-alt Ridgewing. Today I got an alt G2 at last!

Buuuuuut I forgot I was locked, so it auto'd.

*headdesks. so many headdesks*

Edited by Lurhstaap

Egglocked, egglocked, egglocked, and with so many things I want to hunt.

Edited by Dorchet

Poor planning for the holidays. 

I've been able to arrange a couple of great Valentines trades, but I'm still missing so many pairings. I doubt I'll get them all by the time breeding ends. I don't even have any 2G Mutamores on my scroll right now :(

Edited by The Dragoness

On 1/23/2018 at 12:02 AM, Capricornus said:

I arranged a trade for a beautiful 3g EG Striped River from spriters' alts. I had it fogged, since I was being so careful, and unfogged it to admire the lineage... only to promptly abandon it? I have no recollection of this, but apparently I did it.

x_x Good job me!

You are not alone, don't worry. Yesterday night when I came back home from work, I went to name a tinsel I hatched recently. But in my tiredness, I.....abandoned it to the AP instead of naming it. I don't think I'm going to get it back, and I feel terrible to the person who gifted it. I hope they understand this was a mistake rather than spite :(

You know.. I haven't done it, but it's really disorienting that the position of hide and abandon change between egg and hatchling. Abandon for a hatchling is right where hide is for an egg. I can see how it happens.

I've never done it, but only because I have mine set for action and not password. There have been a couple of times I would've abandoned by mistake if mine was set to password.

Edited by Wiz

2 hours ago, Wiz said:

I've never done it, but only because I have mine set for action and not password. There have been a couple of times I would've abandoned by mistake if mine was set to password.

This is exactly why I have mine set to action instead of password. Typing in a password is so automatic when you spend a lot of time online, you don't always double-check what exact page you are on. I know it'd get me in trouble to just have mine set for password.

Heh, it's worse than that- all I have to do is click the password box and the web browser fills it in for me. Kinda defeats the purpose of having password-protected actions in the first place. But I'm lazy.

I needed an egg from a blue gemshard as a mate for a heartstealing for next week. Proceeded to breed said egg. My work-fogged brain forgot I'm still locked until something decides to hatch later today. Good-bye, much-needed egg; I won't be making my blue gemshard/heartstealing checker this year, I guess. 

I forgot to influence my gold... It's the first gold I breed myself, and I have no precog dragon to be able to know what it's going to be :( It's a 50/50 chance now... ugh, silly me.

20 hours ago, Dragon_Arbock said:

You know.. I haven't done it, but it's really disorienting that the position of hide and abandon change between egg and hatchling. Abandon for a hatchling is right where hide is for an egg. I can see how it happens.

Now that you point that out, it's true! I should avoid DC when I'm on autopilot mode. Thanks for trying, I really appreciate it :3

Somehow thought the cooldown for incubation was a week instead of two. Now quite a few of my Reds will be on CD for the Valentine breeding period :dry:

I had an ER-timed Zyu egg in multiple ERs trying to get it to hatch (stubborn thing!), then had to leave for a doctor appt and forgot to fog it. Appt took much longer then expected, I was gone for almost 5 hours instead of the 1 hour I'd thought, and of course when I get back the Zyu is hatched and sick. Most of my Zyus get sick while hatching, but usually I'm there to fog them as soon as they get sick. I'm uncertain how long this guy was sick before I was able to fog him. 

On 2/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, Lurhstaap said:

Going over my scroll, I remembered I had picked up a pretty G3 Carina from the AP whose G2 parentage was Carina x Alt Ridgewing rather than being purebred Carina. I have a purebred G3 lineage but I decided to rebreed the parents involved to make a new G2 Carina male and an alt Ridgewing female G2 and then breed another alt Ridgewing female at G3 so the Carina from the AP can have a matched mate. Previously my dragons were giving lots of Carinas and the occasional not-alt Ridgewing. Today I got an alt G2 at last!

Buuuuuut I forgot I was locked, so it auto'd.

*headdesks. so many headdesks*

@Lurhstaap I can try breeding you an unrelated mate after the holidays https://dragcave.net/lineage/fekyz x)

Alt ridges are so annoying to get from this pairing x.X

My stupid thing of the week was automatically abandoning an egg I've been trying to get for months. Luckily the awesome people from Discord helped me getting it back from the AP :D

Been keeping my scroll free for Valentines for way too long, I swear I haven't touched it in a week -_- at least once Valentines is over I can keep a steady momentum of freezing normal hatchlings and not worrying about calculating when to keep my scroll free.

Said I wouldn't catch any eggs until after Valentines and what happens? I grab two Fire Gems... The one time I don't want them my Fire Gem grabbing instincts are not helpful. Stop, brain. I don't need taken scroll spaces, even by my favorite breed in DC.

I was on the Forest Biome last night and was trying to catch a White Zyumorph. I stared at the egg description: This egg is much smaller than the others. I swear to god I kept thinking it was pygmy and refreshed the page 3 or 4 times and it was still there for a good 3 minutes. Then I decided to look up the description since I was little curious............found out it was a chicken, went back........it was gone.....I swear I had a nightmare last night about it, and I'm still slapping myself about it. 

Caught a CB Thunder just a little under an hour ago :P

Accidentally finding out you can filter dragons by their breed in the filter dragon box when creating a group. Not just by name or code. 

Months. Months I didn't know this.   

Edited by Wiz