wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

1 hour ago, Blue_Horse said:

apparently reporting is a one-click process

Um, no? You get a popup to add a comment to your report when you hit that button. That popup also has that button "X" in the top right corner in case you don't actually want to report.

23 minutes ago, Blue_Horse said:

Maybe that files a report without comments?  I guess that might be what happened this morning, I might have clicked away without noticing it and it filed?

Unlikely, only clicking the "submit report" button should file a report. If you click outside of a submission box it just closes the box (you can see this if you click the Add Hyperlink button and click away from the box). If you double clicked the report flag, or clicked the flag then the quote button, it might have opened and closed immediately.

I once killed a Script Egg when I first started (literally it was my first day) because I was curious on how the 'kill' worked. Q_Q

Saw a code in the cave that I wanted (it contained the word "shy") but I was egglocked.

So I abandoned an egg that was less important to me.

Returned to the cave and picked the egg next to the one I wanted, because the egg description said "shy" XD

Biting didn't remove it from my scroll, so I had to abandon another egg to grab the one I wanted.

20 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Saw a code in the cave that I wanted (it contained the word "shy") but I was egglocked.

So I abandoned an egg that was less important to me.

Returned to the cave and picked the egg next to the one I wanted, because the egg description said "shy" XD

Biting didn't remove it from my scroll, so I had to abandon another egg to grab the one I wanted.

I'm surprised the egg was still there after that point of finding the egg, trying and seemingly failing to remove/abandon an egg, going to the cave to find out the egg wasn't removed, going back and removing the egg AGAIN, and going back to the cave. ._.

I seem to be doing a lot of stupid things today. Saw a chicken egg in the biome and went to a different biome before realizing what it was, of course it was gone by the time I clicked back. Was refreshing the AP while locked (because stupid) and saw a blue fire gem that of course I couldn't get. 

2 hours ago, SarkhanVol said:

I'm surprised the egg was still there

Guardians aren't usually taken that quickly XD And I had kept the biome open in another tab so that the 5-minute shuffle wouldn't remove it from sight.

I was hunting for codes myself yesterday. Passed over one egg after checking its code to check the next one and realised I'd passed over a Xeno. Of course it was gone by the time I clicked it. :dry:

only 20 seconds left !!   seemed like a good idea at the time to snatch and save .... WRONG !!

it died immediately and no way to revive . ... poor baby.

and there goes an egg slot for 24 hours !!  :(

2 minutes ago, orphaned said:

and there goes an egg slot for 24 hours !!  :(

Why, did you kill it? Because dying from running out of time won't lock that eggslot.

1 minute ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Why, did you kill it? Because dying from running out of time won't lock that eggslot.

oh ... THANK YOU !!  * slapping forehead *  I forgot that  ...  phew,   still ... poor baby  ( but I tried )

Only purposeful egg deaths count (EQ, Kill, Bite, etc). Running out of time and sickness do t count for egg slots.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:37 PM, CursedFlames said:

Forgot to hatch my neglected dragon egg... it died...

oh no !!!   :(  I cannot even imagine how dreadful you must feel ....

(((( sorry for your loss ))))

This is just me being forgetful, but... I keep a spreadsheet to keep track of how many of each breed I have. I (try to) update it every single time I get a new egg (have it constantly open for that reason). Yet somehow I haven't updated my Aeon Wyvern number since like mid last year?? Spreadsheet said 10, grabbed one from the AP and recounted, turns out I had 13 adults? Now I'm worrying what else on my spreadsheet may be wrong!

APed a CB Winter Seasonal on accident but, luckily, a nice person happened to catch it and gifted it back to me. <3

Edited by Dorchet

^_^

not sure where to post this but ...  :rolleyes:

If Easter is also April Fool's Day ...  does THAT mean The Festival of Eggs will be scrambl3d ?????   :P

I'm doing a mass tidy-up of my scroll. I had two half-siblings. Released the wrong one :dry:

I went out on a limb and decided to pick up an egg with what I thought was an 'I' (capital i) without checking, thinking the code would turn out to be an all-caps code but it was an l, instead. >_<

image.png.ee69fa104b755700a0a3ff2f080e330c.png 

This legit always happens to me

HERE'S A STUPID THING!!

NEGLECTED TO FOG A BEAUTIFUL EVEN GEN 3G SILVER SHIMMER X ROSEBUD I GOT IN TRADE YESTERDAY BEFORE GOING TO BED.

WOKE UP TO FIND SOME JEALOUS PEON HAD KILLED IT!!!

No other eggs or hatchies were harmed, & I had a full 24 bebes locking my scroll, including a beautiful even gen 3G Silver Tinsel x Mistletoe.  They wanted that Shimmer, & if they couldn't have it, no one else could.  @angelicdragonpuppy  I am so sorry the egg you gave to my care came to harm.  I am ashamed, especially as I have been viewbomed within the past month, & should've known better than to legit forget something so simple as fogging before logging off. desismileys_6817.gifdesismileys_3095.gifdesismileys_4528.gifdesismileys_4220.gif

Dang, that's awful :(

My own stupid thing is somewhat less evil:

So I'm looking for certain breeds with certain codes (z-coded Waterhorse & Neotropical, name-coded Brimstone, Sunstone, Moonstone) and what do I pick up instead?

All-lowercase Swallowtail and Stone.

I have no self-control XD

edit: now also a capslock-code Stone and Mint ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

After Valentine I didn't log in for some days. I thought my new cb Valentines would grow up without problems on their own since they had a fair number of views and had many other dragons grown with less of them. And instead one of them died :(

11 hours ago, Iside said:

After Valentine I didn't log in for some days. I thought my new cb Valentines would grow up without problems on their own since they had a fair number of views and had many other dragons grown with less of them. And instead one of them died :(

it's wretched when that happens ...

sorry for your loss ...