wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Woke up at 3 in the morning and in my groggy state I started abandoning hatchlings to make room for more eggs... before I realized that would do no good in making egg slots!  Lost 2 hatchlings... 

On 1/11/2018 at 4:30 AM, Miral said:

Dunno if this counts as stupid, but I spent an hour thinking about what I'd change my forum name to before realizing I would always be too attached to "Miral." It fits me perfectly.

Why can't we have two forum names at once, besides the fact that it defies all logic and practicality?

Oh! And I neglected DC for like three days to binge read Shakespeare. Yesterday it was Othello. Tomorrow it's Twelfth Night, then The Merchant of Venice, then Hamlet. I'm one of those that likes to read the monologues aloud while doing the voices. I never said I was sane.

Huzzah for Elizabethan playwrights!  :D *waves a copy of Marlowe's plays on Kindle*

Not exactly stupid, but I am locked at 24/24, of which fully half are fogged Zombie fodder.  Which will almost certainly prove to be a waste of time come the 31st...

On 1/11/2018 at 9:25 AM, Gryphonic said:

That feeling when another Lunar Herald color comes around, and you know you had a new project you wanted to start with them but can't remember what it was.

I knew I should have written it down.

This happens to me regularly now. I should really start leaving notes for myself somewhere.

I shouldn't hunt before I'm properly awake - I clicked on a Carmine with an all-number code, THEN realised that one of the 5s was actually an S.  Now it's blocking my only free space for 5h.  :s

Edited by Amazon_warrior

On 1/10/2018 at 8:30 PM, Sesshomaru said:

Dunno if this counts as stupid, but I spent an hour thinking about what I'd change my forum name to before realizing I would always be too attached to "Miral." It fits me perfectly.

Gave into the pressure. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sesshomaru

I keep clicking that darn Logout link when I'm aiming for the Forum link :angry: I want that Shop link back that used to be between the two!

50 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I keep clicking that darn Logout link when I'm aiming for the Forum link :angry: I want that Shop link back that used to be between the two!

It's not just you!  I hate accidentally clicking logout when I didn't want to. :s

Didn't swap for a Jungle Garland when I KNEW I wanted to breed them with Gaia Xenos. That's going to make my lineage building a wee bit harder.

I had two Gold hatchlings on my scroll. A messy one and a nice 2G Holiday mate someone bred for me.  Guess which one I just froze? Gah!  :angry:

Not using influence on checkers picked in the AP, now I have a heap of checkers where the dragon is gendered wrong

abandoning a CB gold luna herald, that I thought I didn't need only to find I don't have any and need one to breed to one of my radiant angels to breed a mate

Edited by ranger lucy

12 hours ago, ranger lucy said:

abandoning a CB gold luna herald, that I thought I didn't need only to find I don't have any and need one to breed to one of my radiant angels to breed a mate

Next phase for golden Lunars starts on 29th of January, poke me then and I can breed a mate for you :)

I'm hunting for Gaia Xenos and Volcano Zyus right now.  I have a habit of skipping through all the biomes every refresh just to see what drops. Part of the POINT of doing this is to try to catch rares, especially gold/silver. 

So I start in the Jungle because Gaias are my top target. Drop happens. No Gaias. I skip to Volcano first. No Zyus. So I hop over to Alpine and begin my usual skipthrough.. only to realize an instant too late that when I clicked into Alpine, a gold was there, and I had juuuuust clicked away from it. I clicked in fast enough that I know in the pit of my gut that I had a decent shot of catching it, too. I went back, of course, but naturally an instant's misclick was all it took to miss it.

I hate myself. (Okay, not really, but... SO MUCH FRUSTRATE.)

At least I SAW one? I literally can't remember the last time I saw a gold in cave. It's been a whiiiiile.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I keep reflexively grabbing eggs I don't want and then I'm stuck with them for 5 hours before I can get something I actually need.

Grabbed a Flamingo egg and am stuck with it for at least three more hours.

Edited by Dorchet

I refreshed over a Dino egg! Saw it, didn't immediately recognize the description so refreshed, it was *still there*, it finally clicked in my mind what it was but by then it was taken. 

I made a promise to only ever really gift second gen prizes from my tinsel but have a huge list with mates that only produce commons. I was so excited to create my own lineages only to have dug myself into a shallow grave. I don't mind it but I definitely bit off more than I could chew. They're coming soon, guys. Please be patient ;a;

2 hours ago, Kiramu said:

I made a promise to only ever really gift second gen prizes from my tinsel but have a huge list with mates that only produce commons. I was so excited to create my own lineages only to have dug myself into a shallow grave. I don't mind it but I definitely bit off more than I could chew. They're coming soon, guys. Please be patient ;a;

I feel your pain. I stupidly made a list both with trades and gifts to breed my prize with but all she ever drops are kin. I am honestly thinking that once this list is done I'm not doing a list anymore. 

Edited by Rekha

Forgot to put a Zyu into hatcheries several days ago, and now it's ER and I'm going to have to watch it like a hawk while it gains views.

I arranged a trade for a beautiful 3g EG Striped River from spriters' alts. I had it fogged, since I was being so careful, and unfogged it to admire the lineage... only to promptly abandon it? I have no recollection of this, but apparently I did it.

x_x Good job me!

Edited by Capricornus

A gift I left on the Community Notice Board was taking longer than I expected to go so I decided to do what I normally do when I get impatient and leave it on DC records and EATW.

Took me a while to figure out where I was wrong. I guess even now i'm still getting used to the fact that eatw is gone.

For the first time ever, I just a Gold in the cave. I saw "metallic" and thought it was a Lunar Herald, so I skipped to the next biome. It was gone by the time I realized how stupid I was :(

Waiting until now to sort out Valentine breeding.  Eeep! 

20 minutes ago, prpldrgnfr said:

Waiting until now to sort out Valentine breeding.  Eeep! 

Pfft I haven't even started yet :blush:

3 minutes ago, Wiz said:

Pfft I haven't even started yet :blush:

I don't feel so bad, now! :D