Branwen84

Tea

I used to drink Lipton tea w/ LOTS of Sugar and LOTS of milk.

Now I mostly drink herbal tea, like my fav. Celestial Seasonings Wild Berry, and they have so much flavor they dont NEED sugar or Milk.

I also love the Herbal Revive Lemon Ginseng Tea. And there is a Celestial Seasoning Lemon Tea that I like too, but cant think of the name.

I'm also a big fan of Tension Tamer and Sleepytime Tea.

For some reason, I can't stand the Sleepytime Vanilla. And I have a huge box of it, like 50 bags. Whatever am I gunna do w/ it all?

~*~

Marshmallow flavor? I so want to try that!

I've never actually had Earl Grey tea. I do have tea bags of them cause I am in a tea swap on one one of my sites.

For some reason, I can't stand the Sleepytime Vanilla. And I have a huge box of it, like 50 bags. Whatever am I gunna do w/ it all?

Let me come by your house. ;D

/loves vanilla

I love herbal tea and fruity tea. I have this huge box of different flavours, ranging from green tea to marshmallow flavour (yes, it exists)

Tea is indeed very personal, I don't like my tea too strong, I know people who drink their tea so strong that it looks like coffee. A friend of mine does not do fruit-flavoured tea and I love it.

where does one obtain this marshmallow tea?

I'm drinking some chamomile tea right now. I just finished apple cinnamon flavored and before that jasmine tea. <3

I only use honey, and barely any. Sometimes I use a little sugar, but never milk.

Hot tea is okay but I prefer ice tea. smile.gif Especially Arizona Ice Tea. <3333

Phwoar. Can't get enough of English tea. PG Tips, mostly. Yes it is nice.

I've tried quite a few things since the last time I posted here. My favorite black tea so far is a Nilgiri First Flush, or more accurately, "Havukal" First Flush.

As others have posted their sources of tea, I thought I'd post my main one, too: TeeGschwendner . I buy tea from some other sources, too, but they have three stores near here, so it's a rather easy way to buy tea for me.

As for "trying all the (black) teas of the world", obviously that would be rather unrealistic if taken literally xd.png (and also, would only make sense to want to try for a professional, which I'm not). But I still want to try lots, black teas as well as more green and white ones and Oolongs, and flavored ones - basically lots of everything^^

I now drink more than one cup of tea a day. Nuts...

I have recently become a fan of Lemongrass and Citrus tea, no milk, no sweetening.

Marshmallow tea? o_O I mean, marsh mallow is a plant, but...

Gotten into the habit of bringing a thermos of tea to school every day. Keeps me going.

I keep forgetting to tell my mum that I want to try Lady Grey...

Gotten into the habit of bringing a thermos of tea to school every day. Keeps me going.

I've been thinking about doing this, too, but since I mostly live on chai, I get these stupid ideas of the milk in it fermenting in the hot tea while I spend hours and hours at the faculty. /odd mental image

... it actually does that. I'm not sure if "fermenting" is the exact word, but something happens...

I usually drink mine by around 3:00 PM, so I don't usually encounter the problem.

*would like to take tea-making lessons*

:D

Seriously though, if you have a cup of tea that you don't like, then you simply change brands until you find one you do - my friend went to a place that helped you find your perfect blend. Turns out her tea is Rose tea. Huh.

Something I've noticed is that in England, my grandparents were constantly asking "Want a cup of tea? And a biscuit?" I think tea is so common in day-to-day life for them simply because they haven't got much to do XD My nan thought I was odd when I told her that three cups of tea in one day was quite enough, thanks.

But I do like tea, especially when it's cold or rainy. I don't drink it in the mornings though. I hate consuming things so early, haha.

... it actually does that. I'm not sure if "fermenting" is the exact word, but something happens...

I usually drink mine by around 3:00 PM, so I don't usually encounter the problem.

How long before that do you make it?

I estimate that I'd be making mine at around 9am (Uni starts at ~10:30am), and I'd be drinking it at, say 12, 2, 4pm?

Tea is very different, and very personal. If you've only ever been offered sweet, milky tea then it would seem sensible to try a black tea with no sugar before you announce that you don't like tea at all. Otherwise it's like saying you don't like any kind of meat when all you have ever eaten is pork.

I'm an Earl Grey drinker, and if offered a cup of sweet, milky English Breakfast tea I'd probably spit it out. My mother is the other way around, and thinks Earl Grey tastes like perfumed water. It doesn't surprise me that you dad has found the one kind of tea he likes and is sticking to it.

Yeah, I'm pretty particular with tea as well. I don't like Earl Grey, but I like English Breakfast a lot, as well as most Oolongs. I've never had milk in my tea and while I may try it some day, it sounds unappealing. I'm very picky about sweetener, in that I don't generally like it.

Everyone is different when it comes to tea, I think.

I'm drinking tea right now xd.png (didn't feel like coffee)

I like Australian breakfast with milk and 2 lumps of sugar lol. Also whats the difference between like Australian Breakfast tea and English Breakfast tea?

Can you taste a difference?

We'll need to be stocking up on tea for winter... and I should plug in the hot water doohickey...

Can you taste a difference?

We'll need to be stocking up on tea for winter... and I should plug in the hot water doohickey...

Next time I go shopping I'll buy some and try it lol, it must just be different tea leaves or something.

It's starting to warm up here in Aus yay here comes the warm weather! I'm so over the cold at the moment. I'll start moving on to iced teas and coffees instead of warm ones soon.

I love tea haha, but usually without milk >.<

Tried peppermint with milk the other day and realised i should have added sugar instead because the resulting taste was pretty nasty biggrin.gif

I still love chinese-style tea most though, cos the taste aint that strong

I love oolong, earl grey, and green tea the most. English breakfast is tasty too...mmmmmm, tea. biggrin.gif

Tried something different today - I brewed the tea by boiling it in the milk, right in the pot on the stove. Tasted rather nice, I'll have to try doing it that way with some other teas(like Nilgiri and Uva and Dooars, today I used Assam), too.

It's also time for christmas teas now ...

Hey, so I prepare all my teas differently.

Green tea/mint green tea - two teaspoons of honey

Earl Grey tea - two teaspoons of sugar and some milk

Camomile tea - three teaspoons of honey and some milk

Do you guys have any recommendations for me? (Though not chai, I don't like it)

Also, I think it would be interesting if we shared what our tea cups/mugs look like.

Mine looks like this:

user posted image

When hot water is poured into it, the TARDIS (phone booth) dissapears from one side and appears on the other side. =D So what does yours look like?

Green tea with honey, but only occasionally.

Earl Grey Tea, just add some sugar and I'm happy.

Lady Grey Tea, just add sugar and I'm happy.

I must admit though, I'm usually found drinking fresh brewed iced tea made from Earl or Lady Grey.

When I drink hot tea though, I drink in style:

user posted image

I used to not like tea very much. Buuuut... Then I went to England. And I was sorely caffeine-deprived. They don't have Mountain Dew there, and I can not stand coffee. ;_;

But! As a result, I started drinking tea while I was there, and got to really, really love it. Earl Grey is my favorite right now, with just a bit of milk. So I've been keeping a box of Twinings Earl Grey on hand, and having some every day. <3

I just ran out, though. And forgot to put it on the grocery list for today. *sad*