Branwen84

Tea

It was the biggest complaint of both my grandma and my aunt that when they first moved out to the US (1970 something). No one seemed to know how to make a decent cup of tea. I've lost count of the number of people from the US I've spoken to that seem to think you need to the bag of tea into hot water.... it just makes me facepalm. You pour *boiling* water *onto* the tea bag. Do it the other way around, or with water that's too cold, all you'll do is frighten the poor thing and get a bad cup of tea.

That said I think the knowledge of how to make a decent cup of tea may be becomeing a little more widespread. There certainly seem to be more tea drinkers in the US now than there were 20 years ago.

^^;;; Well there's one more person in the U.S. who knows how to make tea now thanks to you and everyone else, right? Thanks. ^^

Putting a teabag in warm water = hospital tea, probably because the staff there is somehow afraid hot water might lead to injuries. Have to admit, it never occured to me that anyone would try making his/her tea like that at home ...

If someone didn't know any tea other than hospital tea, it wouldn't surprise me to hear them say tea was vile.

I'm more of a coffee person personally, but I love tea in all forms and flavours. I tend to favour more expensive green teas though, because the cheaper stuff tends to leave a bitter after-taste, I find.

I generally just buy teabags, but I much prefer making tea with either loose tea or tea leaves, with a single-mug strainer or a tea-press.

I'll drink it any way, with milk or without, although I prefer not to have sugar most times -- I use honey if I want it sweeter than usual.

Tea <3

Twinings is good. I like their red tea Roobios(sp?) as well as their Earl Grey, Prince of Whales, and Oolong.

We have a shop here called T2 that sells a bazzilion teas. I have 7 of them myself and love them all ^^

My usuals though are black tea, chai tea and peppermint tea. ^^

i really like this licorice tea we found at the supermarket. I heard a certain type of tea clears your sinuses. Is that true? If so, what type? (i have allergies, so know that might be useful)

My favorite tea is Mint. I had a mint medley tea once and loved it. :3

Usually I just use a coffee maker to heat up the water, pour it in a mug and put a teabag in to soak for a bit.

I'm not quite sure where we get our teas from. My parents usually buy them, so there's no specific place. We do have some Celestial Seasonings brand teas. We took a tour in their factory one summer in Colorado and since then, we always have a box or two of theirs.

People have different ways of making tea. It usually depends on the country you're from, but the ways are neither bad nor good, just different. They may taste bad to people to others because it's not what they're used to and not what was taught to them as being "good". People may never like a certain way tea is made even if they drink it that way daily.

I think the only "wrong" way to make tea is the "instant tea"....because it's not really tea, just powdered drink stuff.

That being said, I like tea, though mostly herbal tea. Sweet tea only brings to mind horrible memories of my mothers tea, which usually tasted awful. So I don't drink it.

Only herbal and green tea for me :3

Twinings is good. I like their red tea Roobios(sp?) as well as their Earl Grey, Prince of Whales, and Oolong.

I'm not a fan of Twinings, but Rooibos in general is love, especially with a pinch of orange. <3

I really like a lemon one I tried, it was really nice but not too sour. But usually I just have really strong green tea with a little bit of honey and sometimes some milk if I'm too impatient to wait for it to cool down.

But my friends sister makes this really good ice tea with cold tea and fresh raspberries so its like an iced raspberry tea.

I get mine from my cousin who brings some from a Chinatown when she visits and my aunt sent me actual green tea leaves without the netting around them one time from her trip to China smile.gif

I usually just boil the water in this water heater thing and leave the tea bag in the mug until the water is starting to cool or its turning too dark for my tastes.

Edited by Tatrina

I've used Twinings and Bigelow. I like Tazo better, though. I also have some Lipton teas that come in pyramid-shaped bags and have fruit added to them. I like the flavors a lot.

I buy my loose-leaf tea from a local shop. I have English Breakfast tea now.

I'm not a fan of Twinings, but Rooibos in general is love, especially with a pinch of orange. <3

A pinch of orange what? Like, what do you add to it? Orange juice? :P

I really dislike a lot of herbal teas, they tend to be too watery for me.

A pinch of orange what? Like, what do you add to it? Orange juice? tongue.gif

I really dislike a lot of herbal teas, they tend to be too watery for me.

Orange zest? Lol orange juice would be weird...

That's why you let them sit soaking with a tea bag until your tea gets cold tongue.gif

I love iced sweet tea... to quote "Steel Magnolias", it's the house wine of the South. I have one of those Iced Tea Pot things... it comes out pretty good with Splenda so it's fairly guilt-free.

I'm not a fan of hot tea, at all. Then again, I don't really care for any hot drinks... not even hot chocolate. I'm weird like that.

I like tea as long as there's sugar and ice in it. That's how we drink tea where I live. I tried hot tea with no sugar in it before and I thought it tasted gross.

Orange zest? Lol orange juice would be weird...

That's why you let them sit soaking with a tea bag until your tea gets cold tongue.gif

Even that doesn't cut it. I like my tea really strong.

You can buy orange zest at supermarkets for tea purposes?

Even that doesn't cut it. I like my tea really strong.

You can buy orange zest at supermarkets for tea purposes?

I'm sure you can buy orange zest just for general purposes (cooking, scent, etc).

Although, I enjoy peeling mine fresh, but that just be me.

Does Long Island Tea count? I enjoy herbal teas and lemon or raspberry tea. Regular tea is good too but either way it's gotta have a little bit of sugar to it or some kind of flavor.

Does Long Island Tea count?

Mmmm, it's really tasty when it's made right.

I'm pretty much addicted to Tazo Chai. It is luff. <3

Does Long Island Tea count? I enjoy herbal teas and lemon or raspberry tea. Regular tea is good too but either way it's gotta have a little bit of sugar to it or some kind of flavor.

I thought Long Island Iced Tea was a kind of cocktail? blink.gif

dry.gif Black tea with caramell. Cook it up. Add some milk and then stir in honey. = delicious (especially on a cold day when you feel like a coach potato and the weather is horrible outside).

Mint tea <3.. mild, sweet strawberry tea. Some fruit teas, some herbals. Jasmine tea. Not a fan of anything bitter so not green tea >_>.

TEATEATEATEATEA <3

EDIT: Sugar is a no go for me. Unless it's one of those rock-sugar-on-a-stick type of things 8D those are awesome.

Edited by VSWolf

A pinch of orange what? Like, what do you add to it? Orange juice? tongue.gif

A slice of orange? D: I've also drank Rooibos with some orange aroma added during processing.

Orange zest sounds good, too. Should try that.

I like sweet tea. tongue.gif

I use a coffee pot, put some black tea into it, once its done add however much sugar is needed to it.