Branwen84

Tea

Ugh, didn't steep it long enough and it ended up being watery.

Most of the stuff we usually have in the house is Celestial Seasonings, but my mom gets the Tazo Chai because she loves it so much. I like it brewed straight, she adds milk and sugar.

I'll have to add honey to the Peppermint we have (although we have no honey, ha) see how that tastes.

I had vanilla/cinnamon black loose leaf tea today and is it AWESOME!! First time I've tried this one, ended up going back for a second cup, yum!!

No milk or sugar, just the tea, perfect!

I love tea, have about two or more cups a day. I usually drink green tea, no sugar some times a little honey but for the most part I drink it as is. I also like English breakfast and Earl gray. Only use milk if the tea is sweet, like a vanilla tea. I use a tea kettle, and drink form a tea cup. I prefer not to use a mug unless I have to. I like my tea flavor to be some where in the middle, not to weak but not to strong. I also like coffee, but on the weak side and usually flavored.

Since I have switched from a mix of soft drinks, juices and spritzers to 80% sugar-free beverages (artificial sweetener makes me moody and upsets my stomach, and I drink Coffee like it were medicine - rarely but VERY strong if I do) Tea is a real godsend for me. Tea rocks! I drink about 1-1,5 liter of tea each day now.

Nestea is nasty! tongue.gif Nah, don't mind me, but most kinds of "pre-made" tea don't suit me, except really exotic stuff (like cola iced tea) but I drink that more like an alternative to lemonade = a glass now and then if I really feel like it.

White tea is becoming my new favourite, since I'm very sensible to bitter flavours and we don't have means to filter the water. White tea with jasmine is wonderful! biggrin.gif I call it "Uncle Iroh Tea" because Iroh from A:tLA loves jasmine tea. (Green, though - I have to try that next!) Somehow, drinking white tea cheers me up.

I also like green tea and rooibos, but I prefer them mixed with other flavours (rooibos caramel tea, japanese green tea with cherry...) instead of pure. Black tea and me have an on/off relationship, sometimes I crave it, sometimes I hate it. Herbal and spiced teas are yummy, except camomile. Camomile smells good but tastes like being grounded for two weeks. tongue.gif

Here in Germany we have TeeGschwendner, some kind of tea store chain where you can buy loose tea. I love going there and smelling all the new teas until I can't decide what to buy anymore. xd.png But tea bags are fine, too.

We're a tea family biggrin.gif we always have 20 types of tea in the cupboard, and we go through mugs of them in both the summer and the winter. We have a herb garden, so a lot of the tea I drink is from fresh herbs. From the tea-bags, I usually go for the herbal kind - mint, lemongrass, chamomile, green tea. I also like chai with milk, and sometimes when the mood strikes the fruity kinds - apple, berries, that kind of stuff. Nothing beats tea from fresh berbs, though biggrin.gif

I just spilled Celestial Seasonings Peppermint tea with Agave all over my notebook! D:

@Speedyheart: Start with the Celestial Seasonings teas, many of them are sweet. I particularly recommend their Gingerbread and Peppermint teas.

White Peony and Honeybush are quite good, too. My local specialty grocer recommends the latter for children and you know how kids are about sweetness.

There are a lot of tea houses in my city, but I mainly get my teas from Trader Joe's and (blatant plug) a local specialty gourmet ingredients shop called Olive Grand. They mix and bag their own loose-leaf teas. I'd go to more but there's only so much time in the day…

Teavana isn't here yet, but it sounds interesting. Chain store, sure, but everyone has something to offer the taste-buds smile.gif

If i want to make a more luxurious version of the old Earl Grey tea I add a cinnamon stick in the teapot and let it swim with the leaves before pouring a cup.

Tea. Earl grey. Hot.

The great Captain Picard takes his tea the same way I do wink.gif

I used to drink tea a lot, there was something about a slightly sweet hot drink that made it irresistible. That was before I began hating hot drinks regardless of what it was, I think this was as a result of scolding my tongue one too many times.

Anyway to stay entirely on topic, I used to put Tetly or Bushels tea bags two of or extra strong into a mug, add a few teaspoons of sugar then pour around 200-250mls of hot, just boiled water. Let it sit for around 2-3 minutes then strain the tea bags, throwing them out afterwards. Add a few tablespoons of milk then stir, leave it for five minutes and drink in the one go.

Only ever tried making herbal tea once, added milk to the tea thinking it was like black tea and well, the milk curdled. Wasn't exactly the best looking drink I've seen, it reminded me of pea and ham soup, ended up down the sink as I wasn't about to drink it. May give herbal or flavoured tea another try sometime though, would be good for winter I guess.

Is green tea any good? More specifically the cold kind.

I drink green tea and or Oolong tea as well. Normally I'll drink Earl Gray or Taze when it comes to hot tea.

Cold tea though I've drank most, if not all, the major brands. Snapple, Lipton, Swiss, Arizona and I haven't found one I don't like.

Bought some rooibos (red tea) tea with vanilla and honey a few days ago. It's delicious!

I might run out soon tho since it seems like I've gotten a cold D: Nothing beats a hot cup of tea when your throat hurts.

Herbal and spiced teas are yummy, except camomile. Camomile smells good but tastes like being grounded for two weeks. tongue.gif

Good. More chamomile for me. biggrin.gif When stressed out, it is so calming and soothing (and yummy to my tastebuds).

But, for now, I think I will get one of my Celestial Seasonings holiday teas (Candy Cane Lane). It's a green tea with vanilla, peppermint, and some other ingredients. I really wish it was available year round.

I brought some Japanese Lychee tea just recently. It's delicious <3

Currently drinking roo... roi... rooibos, with a couple of spoons of sugar. I really need to wean myself off this sugar addiction @.@

Last Saturday my mom, aunt, and I went to this Victorian-style tea house for my aunt's birthday. It was pretty nice; they had a ton of different teas, and you could choose combinations of soups, tea sandwiches, salads, scones, and desserts. They let you choose your own teacup from a rack, and there's a little room full of hats for you to wear. A little too girly, and I'm picky about my tea so I just went with regular English breakfast tea, so the full effect of the place was kinda lost on me. Still, it was nice.

Bought some pear and honey iced tea today, it tastes great but seems like it's missing something. Nevertheless, this had made me want to get more. Doesn't have the after taste that soft drink has, and probably doesn't have half the sugar content. Might be a good substitute every now and then, it's quite refreshing too. smile.gif

Edited by VampiricOmen

I get most of my teas from this cutest little teashop on the main street of my "city". (My country calls them cities, for the US it's probably more village-sized.)

The shop is quite tiny, but has a nice selection of teas. Just smelling all their mixes is wonderful, even if you don't like drinking tea.

My fav from their place is one of their Roiboos mix.

Their green tea with mango and passion fruit is also quite nice.

I also like Indian chais and black tea with milk and lots of sugar.

I usually just drink my teas, but I recently saw a cupcake recipe that use chai tea. So I'll be trying out Chai Cupcakes soon. happy.gif

Tea....love almost all of them especially Dragon Well tea. However my two of my younger (not by much) cousins once made tea..cold..with a earthworm in it blink.gif ..I never let them cook again. (thank goodness I didn't drink it). Also have had rose petal tea, with honey.

Edited by frostmourne

Tea; is vile.  Nuff said.

Gaasp. I love tea dearly, especially Earl Grey. I also love Indian Chai, green tea, rooibos, peach tea, and ginger/mint tea with lemon

I have drunk ((drank)) black, green, white, and oolong teas. IIRC these are the four main tea leaves that all other teas are made. I could be wrong though.

Anyways brand wise I have drank ((drunk?)) Earl Gray, Red Rose, Lipton, Taze and Arizona ((cold)). The only one I don't like is Red Rose. The others, imo, are excellent except if Earl Gray is served cold. The others are quite excellent and I recommend them to anyone who hasn't had them before. I forgot one: Twinings of London. Again another good tea that comes in a variety of flavors including, what i think should never be a flavor of rea, pomegranate. I enjoy Twinings but I wouldn't recommend pomegranate to anyone unless you like the taste of it but then again do I have to say it?

Anyways I drink my tea straight. Nothing in it except if it's nasty then I'll drink it with lemon and if it's white tea then I'll get flavor like peach.

Bump to prevent this from rotting.

A friend of mine brought some delicious instant chai from Germany. Good stuff, good stuff.

Edited by lightbird