Is there only me on the planet who drinks decaffeinated tea? I guess it's an acquired taste, but then, so are all the herbal ones and unfortunately I don't like any of those.

I don't like coffee either, but my Typhoo decaf (along with skimmed milk!) is lovely and refreshing.

The very personification of tea is Earl Grey tea, in my opinion. Some milk and a sugarcube is nice.

But I'll be damned if I don't like Russian Earl Grey tea a little better, but I want a teaspoon of honey instead of sugar in it.

I'm also very fond of teas with citrus-y flavour like lemon or orange. But I want those as they are, no milk and no sugar or honey.

There's also this blend from a store in another city that I like, it's a Rooibos tea with cinnamon and lemon. I've only tried two kinds or Rooibos and this is the only one I've liked. No milk or sweetening here either.

My mom likes some sort of Chai tea from the same store, and while I don't think there's anything wrong with the taste, I think the scent is so smoky it's almost over powering.

Edited by Ripan

I drink a lot of tea

hot wise I love peppermint and Irish Breakfast

but I like most tea expt red teas that stuff tasts like black licorice to me *blech*

(with mint tea i just add some splenda but i like to add skim milk to the Irish breakfast)

my most favorite form of tea though is taro flavored bubble tea<3

user posted image

sadly bubble tea is fatting so I cant drink it everyday so usually when im drinking cold tea its diet snapple peach

Edited by chickenhound

I like green tea and chamomile tea - most days I make a big pot (or saucepan) of tea and drink it throughout the day. Always plain, because my taste buds think milk and/or sugar are nasty in tea.

Chamomile tea is good. *drool* I drink something like five cups of the stuff every day.

Personaly, I think peppermint tea is the best ever! It's a miracle cure for practically all stomach pains. The smell alone is enough to make me feel better.

Hey, so I prepare all my teas differently.

Green tea/mint green tea - two teaspoons of honey

Earl Grey tea - two teaspoons of sugar and some milk

Camomile tea - three teaspoons of honey and some milk

Do you guys have any recommendations for me? (Though not chai, I don't like it)

Also, I think it would be interesting if we shared what our tea cups/mugs look like.

Mine looks like this:

user posted image

When hot water is poured into it, the TARDIS (phone booth) dissapears from one side and appears on the other side. =D So what does yours look like?

O.O I am so incredibly jealouse I think it might kill me.....But seriously, where did you get it?

Edited by Saiph

i like to drink the limpton tea from the piramid bags. i haven't drank any in a while, but it's like a craveing i get sometimes. same with hot chocolate.

i also like the limpton citrus green tea and sobe green tea. there are a few other brands of the bottled tea i'll drink as well.

O.O I am so incredibly jealouse I think it might kill me.....

Oh you should be. xd.png I use it so much that it has wear marks all over it. (And I just got it like a month and a half ago) It's awesome. Sometimes I think I enjoy Doctor Who too much.

I used to not like tea very much. Buuuut... Then I went to England. And I was sorely caffeine-deprived. They don't have Mountain Dew there, and I can not stand coffee. ;_;

But! As a result, I started drinking tea while I was there, and got to really, really love it. Earl Grey is my favorite right now, with just a bit of milk. So I've been keeping a box of Twinings Earl Grey on hand, and having some every day. <3

I just ran out, though. And forgot to put it on the grocery list for today. *sad*

Funnily enough we actualy *do* have Mountain Dew over here, you just have to go really looking for it. The caffinated drink of choice is normally RedBull, though.

All the same - glad we converted you to tea! And it's nice to see so many fellow Earl Grey drinkers on here!

I just bought some vanilla chai and vanilla caramel. I am a vanilla fiend.

I'm at a point where I cannot function without my tea. Need it everyday to get jumpstarted.

<3 Assam.

Funnily enough we actualy *do* have Mountain Dew over here, you just have to go really looking for it. The caffinated drink of choice is normally RedBull, though.

All the same - glad we converted you to tea! And it's nice to see so many fellow Earl Grey drinkers on here!

Earl Grey is the best. I always drink it on weekends.

Bubble tea is about the only kind of tea that I like. My boyfriend, on the other hand, loves tea and has tons of different loose leaf teas that he makes.

I've recently visited a tea shop with various pots and a whole wall covered in various types of teas....

FFFFFFFFF. All that I knew about tea was BLOWN OUT OF MY SKULL.

Some sort of mix of some oolong and orange type- can't remember the names but HNNNNGGGGG omg. Best. Tea. Ever. Doesn't need any sweetener, the most delicious stuffs I've ever had.

....I wish this tea shop was closer ;___; A combination of the awesome teas and the cute tea guy, I'd be all over that spot.

....those who use sweetener- what do you use? This place had these big brown sugar crystal type of things and say they recommend that over regular sugar...

Brown sugar crystals are nummy. Usually, however, I stick with white sugar, because it seems more convenient to use. tongue.gif

Can't use honey, because of allergies.

Hm, I was going through our family's many overflowing boxes of tea, and I realized that we were out of green tea. So, I made some lemon and orange tea. I'm drinking it now, and it's actually pretty good.

Brown sugar is wonderful. However, I never really have any, ,so I tend to use white sugar.

Edited by chuhulil

I find that white is "cleaner," while brown has a sort of nice... I dunno, it adds its own thing. I use em based on availability.

I always drink simple tea (black or green) mithout milk, shugar, lemon or anything else. just tea and boiled water. I love it, really! much more than coffey)))

I like tea... Its a good break from consistant coffee!!

I drink red bush tea but with three tea spoons of sugar xd.png Dang sweet tooth

I also drink normal tea but I like red bush tea more cause I can drink it black or with milk!

I also love lipton's lemon tea.. never had any other kinds of tea

It is often said that brown sugar is a healthier option than white sugar. But you can chalk that up to clever marketing or plain and simple illusion. In reality, brown sugar is most often ordinary table sugar that is turned brown by the reintroduction of molasses. Normally, molasses is separated and removed when sugar is created from sugar cane plants.

In some cases, brown sugar -- particularly when it is referred to as "raw sugar" -- is merely sugar that has not been fully refined. But more often than not, manufacturers prefer to reintroduce molasses to fine white sugar -- creating a mixture with about 5 percent to 10 percent molasses -- because it allows them to better control the color and size of the crystals in the final product.

So the two varieties of sugar are similar nutritionally. According to the Department of Agriculture, brown sugar contains about 17 kilocalories per teaspoon, compared with 16 kilocalories per teaspoon for white sugar.

Because of its molasses content, brown sugar does contain certain minerals, most notably calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium (white sugar contains none of these). But since these minerals are present in only minuscule amounts, there is no real health benefit to using brown sugar. The real differences between the two are taste and the effects on baked goods.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Nutritionally, brown sugar and white sugar are not much different.

^ A little fact on brown and white sugar!! *knows this cause mother is a baker*