The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Voting is now open for the new releases! All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally I would like a breed to have 3 characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

Anagallis Dragons are a medium-sized omnivorous breed. Widespread and adaptable, their easygoing nature enables them to flourish under most conditions. They are social creatures, fun-loving and outgoing, and will readily defend smaller dragons from others’ aggression. They are fond of sunshine, and can often be found basking on rocks; on cloudy or stormy days they are more reluctant to venture out, and will often hide themselves away until the weather is more favorable.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Voting will be open until Saturday evening.

Yes -

No - fiona, silver, cathie, deb, airaani, husker

Edited by Pink467

Anagallis dragons are pretty but don't seem very elemental to me. I'm voting no.

Voting no on Anagallis dragons, too!

@Pink:

I have a questions concerning milestone rewards vs. shiny raffles: I've been wondering for a while which of them gets precedence?

If someone has earned and requested a certain milestone (e.g., a CB silver for completing a 6th gen metallic leeloo) and this request has not yet been fulfilled, but someone donates a suitable dragon (in this case, a CB silver) to a shiny raffle - would it be right if that member asks to claim that dragon as a milestone reward instead (which would take the dragon out of the raffle)?

Or can only dragons donated explicitly as milestone rewards be claimed as such (meaning milestones and raffles are to be kept separate)?

SCROLL NAME: Avarule

DRAGON'S NAME: Elemental Tractor

DRAGON BREED: Harvest Dragon

GENERATION: 1

DATE YOUR DRAGON GREW UP: May 6th, 2015

A few different things:

(1) Voting NO on the Anagallis. They like sunshine... but that's about it.

(2) If people would like a Christmas in Summer secret gifter event? I can organize it if there is interest and no one else wants to organize.

(3) Pink, I love the milestone reorganization! Maybe it'll kick my butt into gear to actually post some of my milestones, since I could get something that I can't just pick up anytime in the AP, and also get me more motivated to start working on the intimidating milestones (*ahem* Leeloos).

About the milestones: are the milestone gifts expected to be CBs? Can special lineages be requested (if so, to what degree of complication)?

Nit-picking a bit:

Category 2:

c. Members getting all available breeds within 1 category (for example all fire breeds would require a named fire, sunrise, sunset, magma, electric, hellfire, sunsong, nocturne, spitfire, night glory, and day glory). This milestone may be repeated once for each category.

These are less than half of the current fire breeds (11/23). wink.gif

Category 6:

d. Members with a 5th even gen Blue Leeloo Element containing 20 of the following 23 breeds: daydream, skywing, purple ridgewing, blue nebula, thunder, silver male, hellfire female, sunset, electric, nocturne, water, water horse, ice, deep sea, waverunner, spitfire, moonstone, royal blue, tsunami, falconiform, frostbite, red finned tidal, and winter. All CB's must be on your scroll. At least one of each CB pair must be named Elementally. Can not be combined with any other generational milestone, with the exception of a 2nd gen silver***.

Can't you only get 16 of those breeds in a 5EG?

Category 7:

a. Members with an Element containing 82/93 eligible breeds (not including pygmies, drakes, two heads, or thuwed hellhorse...may use AP finds for this one, but must contain at least 32 breeds from your own scroll). This milestone can be combined with failed breedings for other goals as long as breeds used in those lineages are still represented elsewhere.

There are 94 breeds now, the counts have not been updated to include the Striped River Dragons. I counted 3 times to be sure.

Category 10:

a. Members who complete an all inclusive Leeloo. This would require using 39 different breeds to create a 6th even gen Leeloo. You would need to include 32 CB's and 7 of our 'alt' breeds (seasonals, tan ->purple, rise->set, geode, and bluna). There is the option to leave out 2 CB's you don't have, so members without metals can pick those. This milestone can not be combined with any other 'generational milestone'.***

With 94 breeds now, I think we can safely remove the specific mention that members without CB metals can leave those out, and maybe also the need for the alt breeds (or the restriction of the alt breeds to only that list?). Lots of breeds to pick from now.

I'm thinking we might want to make a milestone for a 7th gen Leeloo soon? I count 57 regular dragon breeds reasonably available caveborn (not counting drakes, two-headeds, pygmies, thuwed hellhorse, alts, holidays, prizes, GoN, bred-only, gold/silver), which is almost to 64. Until we add in enough more breeds available caveborn, it could require all 57 (or 54 without copper variations) of those and members can make up the remaining 7 out of hard-to-get/limited caveborns they happen to have (gold/silver/GoN/holidays) and bred-only breeds and/or really special 2nd gens they didn't breed themselves (2g prizes/thuwed hellhorse).

Category 10:

a. Members who complete an all inclusive Leeloo. This would require using 39 different breeds to create a 6th even gen Leeloo. You would need to include 32 CB's and 7 of our 'alt' breeds (seasonals, tan ->purple, rise->set, geode, and bluna). There is the option to leave out 2 CB's you don't have, so members without metals can pick those. This milestone can not be combined with any other 'generational milestone'.***

At the time the all-inclusive was proposed and adopted 39 was literally the maximum number of different breeds you could get into a Leeloo. I'd have to refigure it, but I think the maximum number now is 41 or 42. Probably the rules for the all-inclusive should be changed to reflect that.

(2) If people would like a Christmas in Summer secret gifter event? I can organize it if there is interest and no one else wants to organize.

I'm thinking we might want to make a milestone for a 7th gen Leeloo soon? I count 57 regular dragon breeds reasonably available caveborn (not counting drakes, two-headeds, pygmies, thuwed hellhorse, alts, holidays, prizes, GoN, bred-only, gold/silver), which is almost to 64. Until we add in enough more breeds available caveborn, it could require all 57 (or 54 without copper variations) of those and members can make up the remaining 7 out of hard-to-get/limited caveborns they happen to have (gold/silver/GoN/holidays) and bred-only breeds and/or really special 2nd gens they didn't breed themselves (2g prizes/thuwed hellhorse).

Would love a secret summer santa!

It looks like with the 57 common breeds, gold/silver/gon, and 4 of prizes/holidays (winter magi, heartseeker, grave, solstice, mistletoe, did I miss any?) then it is technically possible to do a 7th gen leeloo now, without have a CB prize, as long as you are missing only 1 of silver/gold/gon/5 holidays.

I HAVE A NEW MISSION.

I'm voting no on the Angelis dragons.

Talking about milestones.

The easier it is for you, the better.

For me, I have so many Elemental dragons, that I have to register at least 1500 of them and have lost track of my milestones completely. For new members they are nice incentives.

But the shiny drawings stay fun and I'm liking to have moire of them.

I have also a 4th gen Golden Tinsel up for trade:

http://dragcave.net/teleport/574aace4c448d...f0a03ae4be07746

When someone likes it just offer something, maybe it is yours wink.gif

Edited by Zeldarax

I've put together a planning chart for the all-inclusive Leeloo: Spreadsheet

Hopefully it's clear enough. You can rearrange the sections and genders but this is in general how to set one up. Specific breeds needed for hybrids and color options are listed along with the progression for seasonals and avatars. The only one that has to be male is your cb copper, in order to get a different color. If I've counted correctly we can now have an all-inclusive with 46 different breeds. I did list yellow undines as a separate breed from green though. I'm not sure how we count them. Also, I have nebulae as one breed regardless of color.

I've put together a planning chart for the all-inclusive Leeloo: Spreadsheet

Hopefully it's clear enough. You can rearrange the sections and genders but this is in general how to set one up. Specific breeds needed for hybrids and color options are listed along with the progression for seasonals and avatars. The only one that has to be male is your cb copper, in order to get a different color. If I've counted correctly we can now have an all-inclusive with 46 different breeds. I did list yellow undines as a separate breed from green though. I'm not sure how we count them. Also, I have nebulae as one breed regardless of color.

Oh, I see now. The idea is to maximize the number of breeds, not to hit that specific magic number of 39. I had misunderstood.

I like the chart, thanks Fiona!

So I'm not sure how to check this at this point so I will just ask you all - is there anyone owed a CB silver at this point? I have one to spare, it's a hatchie but I'm trying to trade it for an egg to give us time to figure this out! If not, I'd love to do a shiny drawing.

I still have one open for my 6th gen metallic leeloo that I know I have not claimed yet, and would love to claim.

Is your hatchie influenced? Because if possible I would love a female, to keep my lonely male company.

If more people have open milestone claims to a CB silver, whould we do a drawing between us?

Awesome schematic, Fiona!

I have a question, though. Why does it explicitly contain 2, but not all 3, of the copper colors? *puzzled*

If more people have open milestone claims to a CB silver, would we do a drawing between us?

Yeah, I think that's how we've done it in the past. The hatchie is starting to get low time though. I put it in a single hatchery and if it goes female I'll remove it and send it your way. If not, I'll keep trying to trade for an egg and/or see if anyone else needs one here.

Edit: it's female! Sending to you smile.gif

Edit again: safe on Lastalda's scroll!

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: airaani

RECEIVER: Lastalda

GIFT: CB silver

MILESTONE: 6th gen leeloo

Edited by airaani

Awesome schematic, Fiona!

I have a question, though. Why does it explicitly contain 2, but not all 3, of the copper colors? *puzzled*

Because you can breed for the second color but not the third. For example, if you have a cb rainbow copper and breed that to a cb female brimstsone, you'll get a liver of sulfur copper. If you breed that to any second gen dragon you will always get liver of sulfur. There's no mechanic for getting verdigris from that.

Ah, because you can only change the offspring's color by breeding to a CB, right? Because 2nd gens don't have biomes?

Drooling over that 3rd gen shimmer. Okay, shiny drawing it is! I've got this so far and my CB metals should be up later today.

I'd like to do the drawing in not too long... how does 2pm Pacific Time on Thursday 5/14 sound?