The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Yes on Striped River

No on Gemshard and Plated Colossus

The Striped Rivers are the only dragon from this release that are Elemental. The other two don't scream Elemental to me....

Yes to Striped River

No to Plated Colossus

Defer on Gemshard until we get more information, they seem intriguing but there's not enough yet.

I vote YES in WATER on the Striped Rivers. They live in water, detect impurities in water, collect river items for their hoard, and are excellent swimmers.

I vote NO on the others. (Too bad, it looked like the gemmies had great elemental potential!)

I vote YES in WATER on the Striped Rivers. They live in water, detect impurities in water, collect river items for their hoard, and are excellent swimmers.

I vote NO on the others. (Too bad, it looked like the gemmies had great elemental potential!)

I agree, that the Striped Rivers could join the 5E, especially, when we get a little more information about them. they are Water centred, but don't try to keep the Water pure and good enough for them to live. That is the reason i vote a meagre yes.

The other 2 don't sound elemental to me.

I want to contact Odeen on the gemshards, because from the name they sound like they should be elemental. So, withholding a final vote on those.

On striped rivers, yes in water.

On plated colossus, no.

I agree with Lavinia.

Yes to Striped River dragons for the same reasons as quoted above.

No on the other two unless more information is given.

Based on the number of people looking for certain colorswaps, my working theory is that blue is the most common gemshard and red is the least common. Do you guys agree?

Voting is now open for the new releases! All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally I would like a breed to have 3 characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific 1part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Thanks to cathie for posting the descriptions! I'll leave voting open until the 7th for the last 2 and until whenever we get moar infos from fiona on the gemmies.

GEMSHARD - small, gregarious, expressive easterns, living in large clans high in the jungle canopy. Their bodies are covered in tiny, gem-like scales that shimmer in direct light, and each dragon has a unique pattern of markings on the forked spade of its tail. Though Gemshard Easterns cannot fly, they often leap from springy branches high into the sky on sunny days and perform acrobatic spins and twirls to entertain themselves. When the weather turns foul, they pile up together on sturdy tree limbs and interlock the forks of their tails with others to keep warm and dry.

yes:

no: xoco, phantom, lavinia, zelda, husker, cathie, fiona, silver

STRIPED RIVER - dwell in clear, deep-moving water. These dragons are playful and active, but wild individuals are very shy and tend to flee at the first sign of humans. They are excellent swimmers and can hold their breath for up to an hour, and are also capable of magic-powered flight for short distances. Their hoards usually consist of shells, smooth river stones, and freshwater pearls; Striped River Dragons often trade objects from their hoard and give “gifts” to dragons or people they consider to be friends. These dragons are intolerant of poor water conditions, so their presence is often an indicator of a healthy river system.

yes: cathie, xoco, phantom, airaani, lavinia, zelda, fiona, husker, silver

no:

PLATED COLOSSUS - are one of the largest dragon species. These huge brutes are notorious bullies—they prefer to steal food from other dragons rather than finding it for themselves. As their thick hides are impervious to most forms of physical attack, Plated Colossi simply ignore the other dragons’ protests, or lash the offending dragon with their club-like tail, which can easily break a limb. Plated Colossi have slow metabolisms and do not need to eat often, but they may consume nearly half their body weight in one feeding. These dragons are not incredibly clever and any discussion with them will often center around eating.

yes:

no: phantom, airaani, lavinia, zelda, fiona, husker, cathie, silver

Edited by Pink467

I heard back from Odeen.

They get their name from the color and luster of their scales as well as their habit of putting colorful gems all over the shells of newly laid eggs for added protection from predators and falls.

Sadly, this information does not seem sufficient to me for gemshards to be elemental. My vote for them is no.

Alas, I must vote no on the Gemshards and Plated dragons.

I vote 'yes' on the Striped River dragons, in Water, for the same reasons I believe Lavinia gave somewhat recently.

They live in water, detect impurities in water, collect river items for their hoard, and are excellent swimmers.

Yup. Full Circle day. I almost forgot. (work = blah) but managed to grab two of the striped river dragons today. I've also got a dark mist pygmy which I can send to whomever would like it in about 5 hours.

It occurs to me there are two kinds of people who trade during a new release: "Ooh, with this easy to catch stuff I can get shinies!" and "Ooh, if I breed my shinies I don't have to catch any of this!"

Somehow I'm both.

Edit:

Okay, TJ got me. I JUST now realized that the hatchlings still appearing as eggs were all caught on Apr 1. I totally thought it was a problem with my cache >.>

Edited by airaani

It occurs to me there are two kinds of people who trade during a new release: "Ooh, with this easy to catch stuff I can get shinies!" and "Ooh, if I breed my shinies I don't have to catch any of this!"

Somehow I'm both.

Edit:

Okay, TJ got me. I JUST now realized that the hatchlings still appearing as eggs were all caught on Apr 1. I totally thought it was a problem with my cache >.>

Haha, I just figured that out myself. I think you can even 'freeze' eggs with this prank... I hope they eventually turn into dragons, though, since I want to keep the dragon I picked up on the first.

Voting is now closed for the new releases. Striped river dragons are now part of the lineage in the category of WATER.

I had wanted to do something for our 6th anniversary but things were too hectic with family over Easter. So instead we'll have a belated shiny drawing tongue.gif

All members who have been with us for at least 2 months are eligible to join. Donations are appreciated but not required.

I made a lineage trade with Viar for a CB silver for the drawing. We owe her 10 CB moonstone hatchies AFTER 4/12 so any contributions for that is also appreciated. I *think* we've gone through the list of who is eligible for the silver (waiting on confirmation from Fiona that she received one from the last drawing), so this one should be available to everyone.

I'll try to draw names Friday evening so anyone who wants to breed/catch donations has a chance to do so. Input is appreciated on the categories I've listed below. If there's something you'd like added or feel something should be changed, please let me know.

Edited by Pink467

I want to donate and participate! I haven't been in a shiny drawing in forever biggrin.gif

I will need a day or two to un-hatchie lock myself though >.>

Dang i have just bred and traded most of mine away sad.gif next breeding session on prize in 2/3 days

i may have CB silver or CB Brown Copper will let you know tomorrow which it will be but thinking it may be the Silver smile.gif

CB Silver and CB Brown Copper for the pot smile.gif

Edited by rrattts

I'ld like to join smile.gif

I'll try to breed something nice and also ask the family to join.

I love this idea!

FORUM NAME: Avarule

SCROLL NAME: Avarule

TIME ZONE: Eastern

DRAGON'S NAME: Elemental Grain

DRAGON BREED: Harvest

GENERATION: 1

DATE YOUR DRAGON GREW UP: Mar 9, 2015

DRAGON'S NAME: Elemental Gourd

DRAGON BREED: Harvest

GENERATION: 1

DATE YOUR DRAGON GREW UP: Mar 19, 2015

Edited by Avarule

I don't remember whether I received a cb silver from the last drawing. Let's assume that I did.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Work = Ahhhhh! no time. I'll see what I can breed up for it.

So far... one. They're being a little stingy.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: airaani

MILESTONE EARNED: 15 bronze shimmers

DATE EARNED: ?

GIFT REQUESTED: CB undine

VERIFICATION: