The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I vote yes on Mistletoe but I think they belong in Water.

1) They possess magic specific to temperature, raising and lowering it around them to the extent that they create and control ice and frost.

2) They can enchant ice in such a way that it continues to exist in a solid form when feeling well above freezing.

3) Ice that they produce exists and maintains it's properties when no longer in contact with the dragon.

4) The use the ice on their tails to regulate their temperature.

Ice = Water

I vote no on Holly (even if I have a wonderful one for the linage)

I just don't think that holiday cheer and seasonality alone is enough. I think that being DC's first holiday dragon takes it away from the dragon and puts it firmly in game play rather than 'role' which is what we judge all others by.

1) They possess magic specific to temperature, raising and lowering it around them to the extent that they create and control ice and frost.

2) They can enchant ice in such a way that it continues to exist in a solid form when feeling well above freezing.

3) Ice that they produce exists and maintains it's properties when no longer in contact with the dragon.

Ice = Water

I just don't think that holiday cheer and seasonality alone is enough. I think that being DC's first holiday dragon takes it away from the dragon and puts it firmly in game play rather than 'role' which is what we judge all others by.

This.

I'm voting YES on Mistletoe in WATER; NO on Hollies (though I love them dearly!)

Alright, since there isn't any other info to add, I will have to vote 'no' on the Hollies. It would be lovely if we could include them, but I have to agree that them being the first Holiday dragon is not enough to make them eligible for the lineage.

Oh and I absolutely agree the Mistletoe dragons should be in WATER. They definitely strike me as a water-type dragon rather than a life-type, even with their high level of magical ability--or perhaps because of it, since their strong and precise control of temperature and ice/water in particular seems unique to this dragon. If nothing else, the 'making ice feel like room temperature' and the 'never melting ice' is *certainly* unique.

Edited by silver_chan

I would say these pretties are definitely elemental, in the Life category. They

1. are highly magical

2. have magical control of temperature

3. can make magical never-melting ice that feels room temperature

4. Tail ice-berries. Need I say more?

Thanks for posting Pie's breed info, Cathie.

I think this would be a good time to propose adding Hollies as an elemental breed. We know very little about Hollies, but they are the first Christmas breed, and so the original Christmas breed description would certainly apply to them. Apparently they magically spread cheer. This means that:

1. They're magical

2. They are capable of altering moods to the positive.

3. They are seasonal, the "spirit of Christmas"

(The Christmas stories are not "canon" but I think the portrayal of Janus should be what these dragons are like. Elder, wisest, benevolent.) My arguments there are a bit weak, I know.

This. I'd love to see both of these in the Life category for the reasons stated here.

If new members are not allowed to vote I apologize. ^-^"

Happy Elemental New Year!

Voting will close for the nominated breeds Sunday 1/4 around 9PM cave time. For those who haven't done so (or I missed it) please specify if your Mistletoe vote is for life or water, or if you'd like to change your vote. Thanks!

Mistletoe:

yes - fiona (life), xoco (life), piemaster, silver (water), ryu (life), jayme, cathie (water), deb (water), phioxse (life), husker (water), roekerd (water), zelda (water)

no -

Holly:

yes - fiona, piemaster, ryu, jayme, phioxse, xoco, roekerd, zelda

no - cathie, deb, silver, pink, husker

Yulebucks:

yes - xoco

no - cathie, roekerd, zelda

Edited by Pink467

Could we get some reasons for Yulebucks being included? I don't know where to find that or I would. Holding off on voting until I get more info, or am informed where to find said info.

Ice = Water

I'm going to vote Yes for Mistletoes in water and no on the Hollies.

I'm quoting Cathie here because I agree with her reasons.

Could we get some reasons for Yulebucks being included? I don't know where to find that or I would. Holding off on voting until I get more info, or am informed where to find said info.

Agreed.

Yulebucks are my favorite Christmas sprites (and they came out the Christmas before I joined DC, so no CBs for me *sigh*), but without info I can't justify them anymore than I can the Hollies.

Happy new year to all!

I am breeding an even lineage of water horse(M) x water walker(F) like this one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/orN0c

And Zeldariax has breeded mutch for the AP but if anyone can catch it and do not need it for his/her self can you send it to my but please don't bred it for me yet, because Zeldarax is in a breeding storm

;-)

I vote

Mistletoe: yes (water)

Holly: yes

Yulebucks: no

Edited by Roekerd

1. They're magical

2. They are capable of altering moods to the positive.

3. They are seasonal, the "spirit of Christmas"

I just thought of another qualifier for Hollies that is stronger than the third one I posted earlier, based on this quality for Life: "having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds" - as the first limited release dragon, Hollies have a unique role in DC that is different from every other breed. They are in a very real way the standard by which all other holiday dragons (Christmas, Valentines and Halloween) are measured as they were the first such breed. While this characteristic is more game play than role play I think it's still a significant contribution to the game.

I vote for Hollies and Mistletoes YES, and no for Yulebucks yet.

The argument being the standard for the Holiday dragons gives me the little extra I needed to say YES to the Hollies.

This part for the Mistletoes speaks for itself:

QUOTE (Grandmother_cathie"

Ice = Water"

It is a little easy to copy the other's argument, but I can't say it better now wink.gif

But you can also say, that all Holiday dragons belong to the lineage, because they are seasonal and use quite some magic. THE "significant positive role" have all X-mas dragons.

The case for Yulebucks:

They mimic, in their body structures (wings and coat), two and possibly a third forms of plant life, Holly and Peppermint. The third possible is straw, which traditional Yulebocks are made from.

The dragon is named after Thor's goats, which draw His sleigh and collect the last of the harvest wheat. This was made into the figure of a goat and saved for the Yule celebratory bonfire in Scandinavian and Germanic countries. It is a symbol of the harvest, thus the connection to LIFE.

Yeah, I know. Kinda weak, especially with the Dragon Encyclopedia now, but just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.

I don't think that's enough to include them in life, especially since we've changed the rules to make Life such a magic-centric part of the lineage. I'm voting 'no' on including the Yulebucks.

Happy new year everyone! laugh.gif

I see we're voting on yulebucks now... well, they are not my favorite holliday breed, but they are christmas dragons and would be nice to have more of those breeds in the lineage. But, I can't seem to find a reason to justify them as elemental... can't find one to not adding them either, so... I'm not voting on this one, I'll just cope with whatever the lineage decides.

Happy Elemental New Year!

Voting will close for the nominated breeds Sunday 1/4 around 9PM cave time. For those who haven't done so (or I missed it) please specify if your Mistletoe vote is for life or water, or if you'd like to change your vote. Thanks!

Mistletoe:

yes - fiona (life), xoco (life), piemaster, silver (water), ryu (life), jayme, cathie (water), deb (water), phioxse (life), husker (water), roekerd (water), zelda (water)

no -

Holly:

yes - fiona, piemaster, ryu, jayme, phioxse, xoco, roekerd, zelda

no - cathie, deb, silver, pink, husker

Yulebucks:

yes - xoco

no - cathie, roekerd, zelda, silver

Voting is now closed. We will officially be adding Mistletoe dragons to the lineage in the category of WATER smile.gif

FORUM NAME: Natayah

SCROLL NAME: http://dragcave.net/user/natayah

TIME ZONE: CST

I realize I had signed up before and meant to start adding dragons, but I never got around to it because I got busy with other things. Oddly, now that I'm busier Irl, I've been able to have less time to get scatterbrained and focus in on my lineages more, so now I'm ready to correctly name and add dragons to this project and further the breeding of them since so many of my dragons qualify or come from dragons from this group, I want to get them added so I can regift and share and the like. Thanks!

Welcome back, natayah! Sending you a PM.

Oh, and Mistletoes have been added to the Master Spreadsheet biggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

Request

Trying to help someone with SS list, their receiver is looking for an EG Shimmer or Tinsel rolleyes.gif not something i can help with sad.gif is anyone here able to do? unfortunately i have not had much luck in cave i do have a Silver from GON i can offer in return or possibly something in the future

any help would be gratefully accepted smile.gif

Does anybody has any Blue or Purple Nebula Hatchlings they'd be willing to trade? I have a CB Green nebula hatchling, but I have more than enough green and red nebulas so I'm aiming to collect Blues and Purples now. So if anyone can help me with that, here is the link to the CB green nebula I currently own and am hoping to trade for a CB blue or purple one:

CB Green Nebula user posted image - Make an offer on my eggs/hatchlings!

I didn't get nearly as many dragons added to the list that I wanted to today, but I got 4-6 added and I'm soooooo excited. I am glad that I will be able to get these lil babies in and more importantly, offering to breed some babies from my more interesting ones.

I've always been drawn to certain "elements" that certain dragons seem to have and its caused the faux soap opera drama I have on my Islands. I'm glad I have a place where this naturally fits in. So glad that I finally have not put this off .... It only took me what... 2 years....

Just a quick note: I'll be traveling for a few days and will be unavailable biggrin.gif

I'm sure ya'll will do just fine without me, but wanted you to know I hadn't fallen off the edge of the world *lol*

See you next week sometime biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif