The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

I CAUGHT A HOLLY!!! [skippety prancety dance dance dance]

I've been trying for one of those since I joined!!!

And it's a nice one. Seventh Generation, spiral, pink-blue-pink. I Influenced it male and will try him with my Rainbow Copper.

Update: this evening, I have caught not one, not two, but THREE Holly dragons…

…and…

…One of 'em is a Thuwed biggrin.gifohmy.gif

Edited by Xocowolf

Quick question! I noticed that Magi's are listed on the registration form, but they're not in the first post, what's up with that? ^^;

I updated the registration form when I did mine, but no one has updated the front page yet biggrin.gif

Wow, congrats Xoco! The only way I've ever got my paws on those eggs is being gifted them, haha.

But I picked up a lot of good lineages this round... and I got pretty lucky sniping low-time eggs so I guess I can't complain tongue.gif

Oh yeah, and MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS, everyone. I'm only... three days late, that's not too bad xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

user posted image

Breed Name: Mistletoe Dragons

Dragon Type: Western

Size: ~12 feet tall, ~28 feet long, ~30-foot wingspan

Colors: Spring green, green-tinted blue, white

PieMaster’s Alt Colors: Silver, blue

tikigurl91’s Alt Colors: Yellow, pink

~

A little bit of breed information:

Mistletoe Dragons possess magic over temperature, able to raise and lower the temperature in a small radius around them. This allows them to stay warm during winter and cool during summer. They also have slight control over frost, able to create ice and enchant it so that it is room temperature to the touch. They often decorate their dens—usually made in caves—with this enchanted frost.

Their temperature control allows them to regulate the temperatures of their dens, which makes them ideal to seek out during the winter. Hospitable and friendly, Mistletoes often welcome strangers and those in need into their homes. Mistletoes are very kind, and are known for giving gifts of food to the hungry and assisting others when possible.

The long, course fur on their tails often becomes matted in a way that resembles a sprig of mistletoe, hence the breed name. They use their tails as a means of body temperature regulation, focusing their magic energy on that area to allow heat to escape (or to generate warmth) rather than expend energy on warming/cooling their entire bodies. Often, small ice crystals form on their tail fur that resemble the white berries of mistletoe. These sometimes fall off, but stay enchanted with the dragon’s magic and never melt.

They are a somewhat rare sight to see flying overhead, as they are typically only seen in the depths of winter. A tradition has arisen among many humans to hug nearby friends and cherish the moment when one is seen, both to honor the breed’s amiable tendencies and to express excitement at the rare sighting.

They are an herbivorous breed that avoids harming others whenever possible.

Stay tuned! More (possibly) to come through the encyclopedia. If we can fit all this and more in the entry.

I would say these pretties are definitely elemental, in the Life category. They

1. are highly magical

2. have magical control of temperature

3. can make magical never-melting ice that feels room temperature

4. Tail ice-berries. Need I say more?

Thanks for posting Pie's breed info, Cathie.

I think this would be a good time to propose adding Hollies as an elemental breed. We know very little about Hollies, but they are the first Christmas breed, and so the original Christmas breed description would certainly apply to them. Apparently they magically spread cheer. This means that:

1. They're magical

2. They are capable of altering moods to the positive.

3. They are seasonal, the "spirit of Christmas"

(The Christmas stories are not "canon" but I think the portrayal of Janus should be what these dragons are like. Elder, wisest, benevolent.) My arguments there are a bit weak, I know.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

The new dragons are called "Mistletoes," according to the Happy Holidays thread.

Since mistletoe is closely connected with Druidic magick, and is a plant, I nominate them for the Life/Magic category.

I come bearing elemental alt Desipis offspring! Links are two-way so I can verify that you are part of the 5E lineage. Offer a dummy egg :3 If your scrollname differs from your forum name, feel free to post here or PM me if/when you make an offer.

Harvest: ~claimed~

Winter: ~claimed~

More to come after these two are taken; I'm locked atm tongue.gif

~

I vote in favor of adding both Mistletoes and Hollies to the Life category ^^

Edited by PieMaster

I sent you an offer too, and since you ought to know my scrollname, and since it's a second gen from my alt shadows, I didn't send a PM even though my scrollname and forum name are different. tongue.gif

Greetings fellow Elementalists,

I know its been awhile since I last poked my head in, but I've found that since I've become busier irl, this has actually allowed me to focus more time on actually putting more effort on the breeding projects I've wanted to be a part of. I'm not looking to take up time building a bunch of commons for long drawn out lines, but themed lines that look pretty and have an more involved theme and back story really are catching my interesting right now.

In my personal story head-cannon of my dragon RP, especially with the lore being built around mana and Elements and new things emerging, I really really really feel a strong draw to this group and want to invest more time, and more importantly, correctly name, rename and list the things I can breed for others since I have a few nice lines I'd love to share.

I would like to know if someone is out there who likes to do spreadsheets because I'd like to make a list of all the _nicer_ qualifying Elemental lines I can provide people to mix and match, and would like to know if someone would be willing to help me put this together if I am willing to of course compensate them for my time by breeding them various things they might like off my scroll.

Please send me a PM if you like organizational stuff so I can work out a deal for you and get all my qualifying dragons listed, and more importantly, get them listed so you guys can make requests for offspring that may be of interest!

Edited by natayah

I come bearing elemental alt Desipis offspring! Links are two-way so I can verify that you are part of the 5E lineage. Offer a dummy egg :3 If your scrollname differs from your forum name, feel free to post here or PM me if/when you make an offer.

Sent you an offer, but I can wait if you've had more than you can fill at the moment biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for offering these to us biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

Accepted the first offer on each. Sorry to those who offered too late D: (Thanks to Fi for the offspring from her alt SW--that was unexpected and a very nice surprise c:) Here's another.

Falconiform: ~claimed~

As before, please offer a dummy egg so that I can verify that you are part of the lineage c:

Edited by PieMaster

This looks so interesting! I'd really like to join if that's OK.

FORUM NAME: Phioxse

SCROLL NAME: Phioxse

TIME ZONE: GMT - UK

Thanks! smile.gif

Welcome aboard, Phioxse! Feel free to ask questions as we go along biggrin.gif

I'll send you a PM soon.

I would say these pretties are definitely elemental, in the Life category. They

1. are highly magical

2. have magical control of temperature

3. can make magical never-melting ice that feels room temperature

4. Tail ice-berries. Need I say more?

Thanks for posting Pie's breed info, Cathie.

I think this would be a good time to propose adding Hollies as an elemental breed. We know very little about Hollies, but they are the first Christmas breed, and so the original Christmas breed description would certainly apply to them. Apparently they magically spread cheer. This means that:

1. They're magical

2. They are capable of altering moods to the positive.

3. They are seasonal, the "spirit of Christmas"

(The Christmas stories are not "canon" but I think the portrayal of Janus should be what these dragons are like. Elder, wisest, benevolent.) My arguments there are a bit weak, I know.

I absolutely vote YES on the Mistletoes in LIFE, for the reasons quoted and the information provided by Grandmother Cathie. They definitely seem like an elemental dragon to me.

As for the Hollies, I would like to know more about them before I vote yes or no. I would love it if we could bring them in, but the facts we have are too sketchy for me to feel comfortable deciding.

I come here as well to vote YES on both Mistletoes and Hollies! Both on Life as well, I agree with all the reasons provided.

I do have a question, since the Magis have been accepted, this means that any Shallowwater (non thuwed) that we own (provided they come from a Water x Magi line) are now acceptable for the lineage? because I have some I'd be happy to rename to have them join the lineage! biggrin.gif

Also, I just checked my spreadsheet, man I have quite a lot Milestones to claim, thouh I don't think I can keep track of all of them (besides they are of the lower categories), so I'm not sure if I should claim them xd.png

I sincerely doubt if more information about Hollies exists. First of all, Silvanon, who sprited the Hollies, isn't around to ask anymore. Second, the older dragons were done when the appearance of the sprites was all that was really considered. The artists didn't start coming up with full fledged breed concepts until later. Silvanon's thought process quite likely went along the lines of, "I want to make a Christmas dragon. -sketch sketch sprite sprite- I like that! Hey, TJ!" Remember, the game has evolved a lot and developed since 2007.

Voting is now open for Mistletoe and Holly dragons:

All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally I would like a breed to have 3 characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific 1part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Mistletoe:

yes - fiona (life), xoco (life), piemaster, silver (water), ryu (life), jayme, cathie (water), deb (water), phioxse (life)

no

Holly:

yes - fiona, piemaster, ryu, jayme, phioxse, xoco

no - cathie, deb, silver, pink

Yulebucks:

yes - xoco

no -

~*~*~*~*~

Hiya and welcome Phioxse!

Congrats on the Mistletoe release PieMaster!

Welcome back natayah and dragorama!

Thanks to all who sent presents to me <3

Edited by Pink467

I just thought of another qualifier for Hollies that is stronger than the third one I posted earlier, based on this quality for Life: "having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds" - as the first limited release dragon, Hollies have a unique role in DC that is different from every other breed. They are in a very real way the standard by which all other holiday dragons (Christmas, Valentines and Halloween) are measured as they were the first such breed. While this characteristic is more game play than role play I think it's still a significant contribution to the game.

I don't want to like... beat you guys over the heads with them. Just want to make sure I haven't missed an important argument.