The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Welcome back Zima and congratulations with your new family member.

I know, it is still a little hidden, but you can notice it is there wink.gif

Awww thanks Zelda and thank you Roekerd for the present it is lovely smile.gif Myself and bump will take good care of it! smile.gif

TJ's dragons have grown up, so it's time to decide if they are elemental. :

Nhiostrife wyverns are one of the few known breeds of wyvern with more than one set of wings. Because of their four wings, Nhiostrifes are very nimble in the air and have complete control their own movements with ease. When it’s mating season, males put up a very beautiful and unique air dance in an attempt to charm a female. The amount of stripes on their wings vary, with more stripes being more attractive, although most have only two to four. Their general attitude is very passive and curious—they only fight if they themselves or their family are in danger.

The description isn't entirely clear about whether they spend the majority of their time in the air but they do seem like masters of flight. So, the description of Wind dragons is:

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

Do we think they qualify?

Hmmm...still thinking.

The description of the Nhiostrife wyverns doesn't exactly scream "Elemental" to me, since it's more focused on their their mating dance and how many stripes they have to attract the opposite sex.

BUT they do seem to have an unusual control of flight...but is that physical control elemental?

They don't seem to:

- be comprised of gas

- have a strong connection to weather

- be connected to the cosmos

Perhaps they spend the majority of their time in the air? Don't know. The description doesn't say.

I'm abstaining for now.

I vote yes. I somehow feel there's a kind of similarity with Skywings with these guys. Agility and completely at home in the sky. Plus fancy aerial displays as a part of their lifestyle as a species.

Edited by sparkdragon

The description doesn't say anything about spending the majority of their time in the air, and they don't fit any of the other Wind criteria. Voting NO for now.

By the way, it's December already - are we doing 5ecret Santa? (If there is interest in doing it and the usual suspects are too busy to run it, I'd be happy to.)

Edited by Lavinia

I'm on the fence for now - if we could get some extra info from the creator/artist (omg baby brain can't even remember the word for this) that would be great.

And YAY 5ecret santa!!!! I would be up for that again this year!

5ecret 5anta? Oooo. But 5anta, what i want for Christmas this year is a 2nd gen silver tinsel. sad.gifI dunt think you got any in your pocketsez.

Sign me up anywho. It's fun tracking down cool stuffz.

5ecret 5anta unsure.gif have no idea how it works but will join smile.gif as for passing judgement for elemental i will leave that to the experts laugh.gif

Fiona how many male silver tinsels are in existence? or still active if anyone knows this

3, maybe 4 male silver cb tinsels are still active. That is... discouraging, but better than male gold tinsels. There is currently only 1 active known male gold cb tinsel. He is Apollo.

3, maybe 4 male silver cb tinsels are still active. That is... discouraging, but better than male gold tinsels. There is currently only 1 active known male gold cb tinsel. He is Apollo.

That is not very impressive going in the same direction as Dinosaurs sad.gif

on another note my plans look like expensive failures sad.gif coppers came out wrong colour deepseas refused, the replacement was related sad.gif cant believe the waste of 20 rare/uncommons plus 4 new sad.gif thinks will be better off going 2nd gens again laugh.gif

I'm voting no on the Nhiostrife for now.

For anyone who wants some additional background on them, the artist posted some information here.

Ivory - ty for the added info on the new release!

Zima - congrats!!!

Takhesis - would love to have you stay, but respect your decision if you can't.

Voting on the Nhiostrife/Twister dragons...

yes - sparkdragon, cathie, myrrh, roekerd

no - ivory, lavinia, pink, husker, deb, zima, lastalda, silver, zelda

available milestones

cb red egg

cb tsunami egg

cb autumn egg

cb green opal egg x2

2nd gen silver x nebula donated by Valkie http://dragcave.net/lineage/MTyVs

4th gen bronze tinsel x red from Hypnotizing http://dragcave.net/lineage/xG0xt - pending trade

CB skywing hatchie

CB brimstone hatchie

CB sunsong hatchie

CB nebula hatchie

Edited by Pink467

After reading the additional information, I'm going to vote NO on the twisters.

Very pretty sprites, though.

Voting yes on Nhiostrifes. Skywings are in, these are kinda like 'em in the whole exceedingly aerial, superb fliers, and winged courtship mating dances, and a nickname for 'em is apparently "Twisters". So much wings.

Also voting yes on Secret Santa! That sounds fuuun.

Nhiostrifes are a difficult decision. They do remind me a lot of Skywings, but the Skywings have "spend most of their lives in the air" very specifically in their descriptions, and the Nhiostrifes don't really...

So I'm voting NO on Nhiostrifes. sad.gif

I'd be up for a 5ecret 5anta, if the gifting period is not limited to the Christmas week - I probably won't have much online time over Christmas. xd.png