The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Holy wow, I adore the new Christmas dragons! Here's hoping they're going to have unlimited limits next year because I want every one of these on existence lol.

They already get my vote as elemental dragons, probably in Fire due to their name.

user posted image

Height: 1.5m (5ft) at the withers

Length: 5m (16.5ft)

Wingspan: 6.5m (21.3ft)

Weight: 500-550kg (~1100-1200lbs)

---

Basic Anatomy: Solstice dragons' hides are soft, supple, and covered with tiny iridescent blue scales, and they give off surprising warmth in spite of their wintry appearance. Their bellies are counter-shaded with the same pale frosty color that freckles their wings and spine like snowflakes. Their whiskers help them sense wind currents and impending weather as they fly. As a Solstice dragon matures, she grows a dense mane of white fur along the underside of her neck and chest as well as a brush at the end of her tail, and some of the scales along her back and wings will turn brilliant, glittering gold. Seemingly all Solstice dragons are born with a crown of branching, antler-like golden horns which are never shed and grow very slowly throughout their lives. An orb of pure, warm light shining from the center of a Solstice dragon’s crown marks her transition into adulthood.

---

Behavior: Solstice dragons prefer to live alone or in small, tightly knit sororities of 2-5 individuals. They vocalize little, communicating mainly through a dragon’s innate telepathy and voicing their moods with soft crooning sounds, trills, and chuffs.

The orb of light burning between a Solstice dragon’s antlers has a calming effect upon any creature the light touches, and basking in its glow can lift one’s spirits even from the deepest depths of despair. These wise and affectionate creatures have been known on occasion to follow strangers that have gotten lost in winter storms, shielding them from the wind and curling up with them to keep them warm until the storm subsides.

For one week a year around the Winter Solstice, when the nights are longest, Solstice dragons will take to the sky at sunset and not land until dawn, their crowns shining like beacons in the darkness as they cavort among the stars. Many who look upon the spectacle find renewed hope, knowing that with the flight of the Solstice dragons the days will soon begin to lengthen and warmth and light will return to the world with the changing of the seasons.

When a Solstice dragon dies, the orb of light will come loose from her antlers and slowly disperse into the sky.

---

Habitat: Wild Solstice dragons actively seek out areas with colder climates and open skies and thus are found most easily in high mountain basins, but during winter months they will fly and mingle almost anywhere.

---

Diet: Omnivorous. Most of their diet consists of berries, tubers, and stripped tree bark, but during lean times or when preparing to breed they will scavenge from other dragons’ kills or hunt live prey for the extra protein and fat that it provides.

Thanks for the welcome everyone biggrin.gif

@Lavinia - Well, I was hoping I had taken one fo the new breeds accepted in the lineage... but its alright anyway, I don't have any of those yet so I'll just keep looking biggrin.gif

@Pink - Well after reading about them, I'd say they should be elemental, in Fire probably due to their ability to provide warmth even in the cold enviroment they live in.

Well, I just finished adding all my dragons from 2012, added quite a lot today, have now 570 registered dragons! biggrin.gif

here is my updated list:

TOTAL ELEMENTALS: 570

Earth: 95 {Brimstone: 10, Geode: 7, Gold: 0, Green: 16, Golden Wyvern: 4, Nilia Pygmy: 6, Ochredrake: 8, Silver: 0,

Stone: 12, Sunstone: 9, Bronze Tinsel: 10, Silver Tinsel: 6, Gold Tinsel: 6}

Wind: 102 {Balloon: 6, Daydream: 12, Grey/Fog: 20, Nebula: 10, Shadow Walker: 9, Skywing: 20, Thunder: 3,

Purple Ridgewing: 12, Tan Ridgewing: 8, Winter Magi: 2}

Fire: 168 {Crimson Flare Pygmy: 6, Day Glory: 4, Electric: 19, Ember: 23, Red (Fire): 15, Hellfire: 19, Magma: 4,

Moonstone: 8, Night Glory: 6, Nocturne: 18, Spitfire: 11, Sunrise: 10, Sunset: 10, Sunsong: 15}

Water: 107 {Bluna: 15, Dark Myst Pygmy: 9, Deep Sea: 13, Ice: 4, Royal Blue: 11, Seawyrm Pygmy: 6,

Shallow Water: 0, Tsunami Wyvern: 5, Water: 16, Water Horse: 7, Water Walker: 7, Waverunner: 14}

Life: 98 {Autumn: 6, Canopy: 10, Guardian of Nature: 0, Harvest: 8, Heartseeker: 2, Mint: 0, Neotropical: 10,

Pumpkin: 2, Spring: 5, Summer: 4, Terra: 16, Vine: 13, White: 15, Winter: 6}

The blackened breeds are the ones of the added dragons. Also while doing that realized I earned 2 Milestones:

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME:RyuKiaser

MILESTONE EARNED: 3d - 15 of single breed (Sunsong)

DATE EARNED: A while ago... requesting Dec 29, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: Bred Tsunami Wyvern - Second Gen and Pure Breed if possible

VERIFICATION: Latest Sunsong / My Spreadsheet

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 4a - 100 in single category (WIND)

DATE EARNED: A while ago... requesting Dec 29, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: Bred Thunder - Second Gen if Possible

VERIFICATION: My Spread Sheet

Milestone News

EARNED: 35 // RECEIVED: 16 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 19: 2 CB Electric, 4 CB Dark Myst Pygmy, 2 CB Golden Wyvern, 2 (2nd Gen Golden Wyvern x Metallic), 1 (2nd Gen) Geode, 2 CB Royal Blue, 1 CB Ochredrake, 1 Alt Vine hatchie, 1 Sunset/Sunrise, 1 CB Mint, 1 CB Ice, 2 (2nd Gen Golden Wyvern -Pure Breed if possible-), 1 (2nd Gen) Tsunami Wyvern, 1 (2nd Gen) Thunder

Also, I have a... complaint? Well I don't know if its a complaint but I have something to say about my spread sheet:

1- It is missing one of my dragons, a White dragon since in my own spreadsheet (one I made on my PC and I keep updating everytime I add a dragon) I have 570 just as in my list, but in the spreadsheet there are 569 registered ones. I know it is a mistake in the list before I started editing it because from the start it didn't matched my data.. I forgot to mention that before as I was trying to update myself with the changes in the Lineage.

2- I messed up when adding one of my dragons, the latest Terra I dded, I entered the data as an Earth Elemental when Terrae are Life Elemental, and I messed up on its name too.

So, I wanted to know how do I fix these stuff? I mean the first one is just as simple as to search all the Whites added and add the one missing (I have already marked it in my list so I don't have to loose time searching for it), but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to because of the rules, so I wanted to ask permission maybe? And for the second part, I wanted to edit the data, but it doesn't allow me to either so, how do I fix that particular dragon? It is in the 568 of my spread sheet in case that info is needed.

Well, hope I'm not bothering with this but I've been away for a while so... a little patience with me please unsure.gif

Edited by RyuKaiser

I vote YES in FIRE also - behavior linked to the solstice and the nighttime, providing light and warmth nearby themselves.  biggrin.gif

Elemental: Yes, but maybe LIFE is possible too, because of the properties of the Glowing Orb between the Antlers.

ETA: I mentioned Roekerd's choice already, but he is angry on me now wink.gif

Please let me do it myself, having a forum account now

tongue.gif

Edited by Zeldarax

Elemental: Yes, but maybe LIFE is possible too, because of the properties of the Glowing Orb between the Antlers.

ETA: I mentioned Roekerd's choice already, but he is angry on me now wink.gif

Please let me do it myself, having a forum account now

tongue.gif

I vote:

Elemental and live

@ Zeldarax its mine choice

I agree with Roekerd and vote yes with life because of their magic which allows them effect others emotions. I am almost swayed to want to add them to wind because of their actions around the solstice.

Either way, I'm a yes.

edit for typos of doom

Edited by Grandmother_cathie

CATEGORY DEFINITIONS

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air.  For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun.  For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

LIFE - dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds.  For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Thanks for the info on Solstice dragons, Pink. In reading over their information I'm not really seeing Fire affinity or a strong Life affinity. I do however see a very strong Wind affinity.

Their whiskers help them sense wind currents and impending weather as they fly.
So right here is clearly a tie to weather. But for me the last paragraph seals it:
For one week a year around the Winter Solstice, when the nights are longest, Solstice dragons will take to the sky at sunset and not land until dawn, their crowns shining like beacons in the darkness as they cavort among the stars. Many who look upon the spectacle find renewed hope, knowing that with the flight of the Solstice dragons the days will soon begin to lengthen and warmth and light will return to the world with the changing of the seasons.

A tie to the seasons is a tie to the cosmos in my opinion. These dragons are clearly tied to the calendar as their behavior not only follows the sun's seasonal positioning, but acts as a herald, providing a seasonal indicator to other species.

So, my vote is yes, but in Wind.

So, I wanted to know how do I fix these stuff? I mean the first one is just as simple as to search all the Whites added and add the one missing (I have already marked it in my list so I don't have to loose time searching for it), but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to because of the rules, so I wanted to ask permission maybe? And for the second part, I wanted to edit the data, but it doesn't allow me to either so, how do I fix that particular dragon? It is in the 568 of my spread sheet in case that info is needed.

Well, hope I'm not bothering with this but I've been away for a while so... a little patience with me please unsure.gif

You should be able to edit your list on the tab labeled "dragons" (it should be the first one). You'll need to be signed into google (login is at the upper right corner) and then simply type over the erroneous data.

You should be able to just add the missing white using your "add elemental" form.

Read through this helpful page Lastalda's Wonderful Handy Dandy Guide to the 5E Spreadsheet and if you're still confused, I'll help as I can and then hand you off to Lastalda where I can't. biggrin.gif

my vote is yes

still very strongly being pulled towards life but then i'm possibly reading to much into it and not heeding to definitions smile.gif

so will have to go for Wind biggrin.gif

After reading the definitions and information, I'm going to change my vote to Wind as well! I'm so happy they're so obviously elemental dragons, whatever category they wind up in.

I'm voting yes for Solstice in Fire, even though I see some Life qualities:

*the orb is "pure, warm shining light"

*basking in the orb's glow can lift someone's spirit, similar to sunlight for those with seasonal affective disorder

*their blue scales give off warmth

*what Fiona said tongue.gif (tied to sunrise, sunset, length of days, and seasons)

Voting so far...

yes - Ryu (fire), Lavinia (fire), Zeldarax (life), Roekerd (life), cathie (life), Fiona (wind), Valkie (wind), rrattts (wind), silver_chan (wind), Pink (fire), deblogan (fire), airaani (fire), Husker (life)

no -

Edited by Pink467

Definitely voting YES, but still debating element...wind or fire...wind or fire...

And the winner is (at least for the moment)...FIRE biggrin.gif

@Grandmother_cathie - ooooh... I forgot to do the first part... clicking the "share" button xd.png That's why I can't edit anything, will do that right away so I can edit that. Thanks for the help! biggrin.gif

ETA1

I was thinking, shouldn't the Milestones list be changed to add the new accepted breeds as Milestones too. Also, shouldn't we have Thuwed Breeds as Mielstones? That last part is just me being curious because well... its hard to get a Thuwed on my own tongue.gif

ETA2

Just finished adding some more of my dragons to my spreadsheet, again earned a new milestone biggrin.gif

TOTAL ELEMENTALS: 580

Earth: 95 {Brimstone: 10, Geode: 7, Gold: 0, Golden Wyvern: 4, Green: 16, Liver of Sulfur Copper:0, Nilia Pygmy: 6,

Ochredrake: 9, Rainbow Copper:0, Silver: 0, Stone: 12, Sunstone: 9, Verdigris Copper:0, Bronze Tinsel: 10,

Silver Tinsel: 6, Gold Tinsel: 6}

Wind: 103 {Balloon: 6, Daydream: 12, Grey/Fog: 20, Nebula: 10, Shadow Walker: 9, Skywing: 20, Purple Ridgewing: 13,

Tan Ridgewing: 8, Thunder: 3, Winter Magi: 2}

Fire: 170 {Bleeding Moon: 0, Blue Two-Headed Lindwurm: 0, Crimson Flare Pygmy: 6, Day Glory: 4, Electric: 19,

Ember: 23, Red (Fire): 15, Grave: 0, Green Two-Headed Lindwurm: 0, Hellfire: 19, Hellhorse: 0, Magma: 4, Moonstone: 9,

Night Glory: 6, Nocturne: 17, Royal Crimson: 0, Spitfire: 11, Sunrise: 10, Sunset: 10, Sunsong: 17}

Water: 107 {Bluna: 15, Dark Myst Pygmy: 9, Deep Sea: 13, Ice: 4, Red Finned Tidal: 0, Royal Blue: 11,

Seawyrm Pygmy: 6, Shallow Water: 0, Tsunami Wyvern: 5, Water: 16, Waterhorse: 7, Water Walker: 7, Waverunner: 14,

Bronze Shimmer: 0, Silver Shimmer: 0, Gold Shimmer: 0}

Life: 105 {Autumn: 6, Canopy: 11, Guardian of Nature: 1, Harvest: 10, Heartseeker: 2, Mint: 0, Neotropical: 11,

Pumpkin: 2, Soulpeace: 0, Spring: 5, Summer: 4, Terra: 17, Vine: 13, White: 16, Winter: 7}

Milestone Earned!

MILESTONE EARNED: 4a - 100 in single category (LIFE)

DATE EARNED: A while ago... requesting Dec 30, 2013

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Seasonal

VERIFICATION: My Spread Sheet

Milestone News

EARNED: 36 // RECEIVED: 16 // GIFTED: 5

MILESTONES NOT YET RECEIVED: 20: 2 CB Electric, 4 CB Dark Myst Pygmy, 2 CB Golden Wyvern, 2 (2nd Gen Golden Wyvern x Metallic), 1 (2nd Gen) Geode, 2 CB Royal Blue, 1 CB Ochredrake, 1 Alt Vine hatchie, 1 Sunset/Sunrise, 1 CB Mint, 1 CB Ice, 2 (2nd Gen Golden Wyvern -Pure Breed if possible-), 1 (2nd Gen) Tsunami Wyvern, 1 (2nd Gen) Thunder, 1 CB Seasonal

I feel like I'm abussing of the Lineage by claiming this many Milestones all at once sad.gifunsure.gif Maybe I should wait to claim them? And a question about these milestones too... if the list changes to add/change any category, can I change one or more of my requests?

Edited by RyuKaiser

Yes in Fire

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone, sorry I'm so absent! I love you all

I'm voting Yes for the Solstice dragons in Life and I agree with Grandmother_Cathie about their emotions.

Just wanted to show off my new 25th gen spiral Element smile.gif

"She" will eventually contain all eligible breeds. I've started with our original 14, and adding new ones as they were released. Might have to come up with a new milestone: even 4th gen containing any 8 of our original breeds as the CB base (gold, silver, stone, green, gray, skywing, red, water, mint, vine, autumn, winter, spring, and summer). White is an original breed, but was not added to the lineage until much later. It could be included in a separate 15th gen spiral/stair milestone maybe?

I'm going to close the yes/no voting for the new dragons. They will officially be added to the lineage! However, will leave the debate open 2 more days to see which category we place them in.

Before the year ends, I ended adding my dragons! biggrin.gif

Here is my last batch:

TOTAL ELEMENTALS: 596

Earth: 99 {Brimstone: 11, Geode: 8, Gold: 0, Golden Wyvern: 5, Green: 16, Liver of Sulfur Copper:0, Nilia Pygmy: 6,

Ochredrake: 9, Rainbow Copper:0, Silver: 0, Stone: 12, Sunstone: 10, Verdigris Copper: 0, Bronze Tinsel: 10,

Silver Tinsel: 6, Gold Tinsel: 6}

Wind: 104 {Balloon: 6, Daydream: 12, Grey/Fog: 20, Nebula: 11, Shadow Walker: 9, Skywing: 20, Purple Ridgewing: 13,

Tan Ridgewing: 8, Thunder: 3, Winter Magi: 2}

Fire: 177 {Bleeding Moon: 0, Blue Two-Headed Lindwurm: 0, Crimson Flare Pygmy: 6, Day Glory: 4, Electric: 20,

Ember: 24, Red (Fire): 18, Grave: 0, Green Two-Headed Lindwurm: 0, Hellfire: 19, Hellhorse: 0, Magma: 5,

Moonstone: 10, Night Glory: 6, Nocturne: 17, Royal Crimson: 0, Spitfire: 11, Sunrise: 10, Sunset: 10, Sunsong: 17}

Water: 110 {Bluna: 15, Dark Myst Pygmy: 10, Deep Sea: 13, Ice: 4, Red Finned Tidal: 0, Royal Blue: 13,

Seawyrm Pygmy: 6, Shallow Water: 0, Tsunami Wyvern: 5, Water: 16, Waterhorse: 7, Water Walker: 7, Waverunner: 14,

Bronze Shimmer: 0, Silver Shimmer: 0, Gold Shimmer: 0}

Life: 106 {Autumn: 6, Canopy: 11, Guardian of Nature: 1, Harvest: 10, Heartseeker: 2, Mint: 0, Neotropical: 11,

Pumpkin: 2, Soulpeace: 0, Spring: 5, Summer: 4, Terra: 18, Vine: 13, White: 16, Winter: 7}

I'm 1 short to get 100 in Earth but... it'll com in time tongue.gif Now I'm happy, I can say I owe no unregistered dragons to the lineage! biggrin.gif

Edited by RyuKaiser

Just wanted to show off my new 25th gen spiral Element smile.gif

"She" will eventually contain all eligible breeds. I've started with our original 14, and adding new ones as they were released. Might have to come up with a new milestone: even 4th gen containing any 8 of our original breeds as the CB base (gold, silver, stone, green, gray, skywing, red, water, mint, vine, autumn, winter, spring, and summer). White is an original breed, but was not added to the lineage until much later. It could be included in a separate 15th gen spiral/stair milestone maybe?

I'm going to close the yes/no voting for the new dragons. They will officially be added to the lineage! However, will leave the debate open 2 more days to see which category we place them in.

First, I'm always open to new milestones. Wish there was one with just hybrids, or wyverns, or mirrors, or something.

Second, I love seeing dragons that people are proud of! It makes me being proud of the work I've put through for some of mine seem more "normal." smile.gif

Third, YEAH on the Solstices! I may be begging for some sunsong x solstice babies as the year progresses.

Look, what a nice present I found on my scroll:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tGnzU

A totally surprise, because I had asked for any egg smile.gif

I always like new milestones and have to look, which ones I'm still lacking.

Happy New Year, everybody and congrats, pink, with your 25th gen Elemental.

ETA: About the new dragons, I have not decided yet, which Element.

I'll have a look tomorrow.

ETA2,

The Thuwed egg is hidden now, being sick, but it is a White Child from this one:

http://dragcave.net/view/BAG5

Edited by Zeldarax