The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Announcing... 5ecret 5anta 2013

Most importantly: this is a gifting event. You will be responsible for getting at least a couple of your giftee's wishes as presents for them. By registering for it, you agree to do your utmost to make the holidays merry for your giftee by your gifts of dragons. (Because seriously, dragons make excellent gifts!)

Those of you participating, please PM* me ASAP with the following info. I'm aiming to set up giftees in about 48 hours. Late entrants are accepted and will get gifts, but might miss out on having a dedicated 5anta.

*If you post your form here, you ruin the surprise! wink.gif

(1) Your category:

*Category A - able to breed/trade for rare items such as 3rd-5th gen prizes, 2nd gen metals, alt vines.

*Category B - able to breed/trade for uncommon items such as 6th-8th gen prizes, 3rd gen metals, CB trios.

*Category C - the "I just want to throw eggs" tier! You will be asked to help make sure that everyone gets awesome presents. [Limited Tier: no more than 5 people!]

*Category D - none of the above (you can still be included even if you aren't able to breed/trade for the items in categories A or B!) [Limited Tier: no more than 5 participants!]

Please note that those who have been members of the lineage for less than 2 months may not sign up for categories A or B, but they may sign up for categories C or D! Participants in categories C and D won't have dedicated 5ecret 5antas, but we'll make sure you get something. smile.gif

(2) Your availability:

*What dates/times (please include what time zone you're using!) are you likely available for the 5e Holiday Party? Possible dates are 12/17-12/23.

(3) Your wishlist (Category A, B, or D):

*1-2 wishes of rarity equitable to the list for your tier (i.e. 3rd-5th gen prizes for Category A participants, or CB trios for Category B participants, uncommons for Category D participants)

*1-2 uncommons for which you are wishing (or Category B tier dragons for Category A participants)

*1-2 commons you would love to have more of (you may ask for hatchlings)

*1-2 special lineages you are in search of (please be specific enough for us to breed them for you!)

Your wishlist (Category C):

*a few wishes that you think we can fill for you (I'll trust you to be reasonable on this)

More info will be posted here in about 48 hours when I tell you who your giftees are! Meanwhile, feel free to PM me with questions!

♥ Lavi

PS - I'll clean out my inbox ASAP to handle the PM influx. wink.gif

yayyyyy *runs off to make wishlist*

Thanks for organizing this Lavinia!!!

I'm looking for a Autumn Mate for this Gold Checker.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6SV5V

Roekerd managed to get a 4th gen Autumn mate for me already, so I need to breed a Gold for it wink.gif

We'ld like to participate in the 5ecret 5anta, but it totally depends on the times. Roekerd and me are both in the CET time, so 5 or 6 hours ahead of Cave Time. We are both in category A, I guess.

LOOK on my scroll, what Roekerd did. ohmy.gif

I had acquired some nice dragons for him and he sent me something back blink.gif

LOOK on my scroll, what Roekerd did.      ohmy.gif

I had acquired some nice dragons for him and he sent me something back    blink.gif

yes I did it wink.gif

i have 4 2nd gen metals on scroll all currently up for trade 2 elemental golds x magma other 2 non elements gold x frill and gold x snow angel (solid wing) if anyone here needs for milestones or anything else send me PM with a dummy egg biggrin.gif

I hope this is not the good week for breeding rolleyes.gif before another drought sets in not when i need them to give some shinny eggs smile.gif

5anta assignments are going out in the next few minutes, as fast as I can type them up. smile.gif

Edit: all done now! If you don't have your giftee's information or something is wrong, please let me know ASAP.

Group C: I'll send you your lists for random holiday gifting later today.

I haven't looked at scheduling the holiday party yet - I'll update the thread as soon as I get to it.

Gifting can start as soon as you'd like. Just please remember that the last day to pick up or breed 7 day eggs should be December 17th, to make room for the holiday event.

Any gifts that you want delivered before the holiday party, you can either just pass on yourself (and be a 5anta who isn't so 5ecret) or PM the teleports to me and I'll anonymously pass on the links. I'll make sure to be online as much as possible for that.

Drumroll please... 5ecret 5anta is a go!

Edited by Lavinia

Drumroll please... 5ecret 5anta is a go!

*happy dancing* THANK YOU, Lavi!!

ETA:

I did a bit of breeding this evening and got a few nice eggs that I don't need (wrong species *sigh*). If you can use them, please take them! Any that are still on my scroll in the morning will be sent to the AP biggrin.gif

Claim my 3rd Gen Vine!

Claim my 3rd Gen White egg! - (this one isn't 5E eligible sad.gif)

Claim my 2nd Gen Nebbie!

Enjoy biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

i have my 5ecret 5anta list biggrin.gif some items i can work on and get very soon but the ones i was hoping to be able to gift may take me longer than the SS period sad.gif in this case would it be possible to give them an IOU for the gift i intend to pass on? not that i cant get its if the dragons want to be generous rolleyes.gif

Lavi and Pink will have the final word, of course, but I sure wouldn't have a problem with an IOU from anyone in this group biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Holiday Party will be in the #FifthElement IRC chatroom (linked in The Fifth Element's sig!) on the evening of 12/17! That's soon! We'll start the festivities around 5pm cave time (EST) in hopes to catch our European folks before they head off to sleep, and continue on partying until we're all partied out, or at least until our Pacific coast US friends have a chance to stop by.

Awesome gifting has already occurred, keep it up everyone! (Category C, I'm going to PM you all right after posting this so you can join in on the fun too!)

Please note that the gifting doesn't necessarily have to stop after the holiday party. tongue.gif

Awesome, Lavi! I probably won't be there until about 10 pm Cave time, but better late than never biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

a quick question if gifting or offering shimmers (like in a draw) do they have to be elementals? sorry for being a bit dumb on this

I received a gorgeous prize dragon in one 5ecret 5anta exchange that wasn't elemental. It's still one of my faves biggrin.gif

I try to give mostly elemental gifts, but every now and then something else slips through...

sad.gif Missed 5ecret 5anta because I was on holiday last week. sad.gif

But I hope you all had (and continue to have) a great time! smile.gif

But some unbelievable benefactor gifted me with this wonder right before I went on vacation, and I still can't believe it (and I don't even know who - they sent it through an intermediary!) and I feel all Christmas-y already! biggrin.gif

Mirror Leeloo, here I come. biggrin.gif

Edited by Lastalda

(Congrats Lastalda, that's an awesome present! biggrin.gif )

Remember, 5E holiday party starts in about 3 hours! Everyone is welcome - you don't have to have participated in 5ecret 5anta to join in the fun (or to get presents!) - you just have to show up. smile.gif

I've gotten a bunch of great party favors and last-minute 5anta gifts, thanks much to the donors who have been helping me out with that!

(Apologies for the double-post, need to do a post-party post.)

Thank you all for making 5ecret 5anta a magnificent, splendid, unbelievable success. It sounds like everyone was blown away. I certainly was! biggrin.gif

I have managed to find homes for all seventy-odd donations just for randomly handing out at the party itself from my Santa bag except for one lonely little shimmer... someone please make the event complete by adopting this little one.

Thank you all, I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Awesome 5ecret 5anta event! Thank you for coordinating, Lavi biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

And, since my Santa hasn't revealed him/herself, let me thank the list in general: You OUTDID Yourself, Santa! WOWZERS *happy dancing around FULL nest of gorgeous babies*

Merry Christmas, Fifth Element-ers!

Apologies for missing the party, but sending out a huge thank you to my 5ecret 5anta, all of the donations from the elves, and Lavinia for organizing the event!!

It was great fun and of course, I was in my bed much too late wink.gif

Thanks for organising Lavinia and donators, you did a great job!

I want to send a huge thank you to Lavinia too. That was tons of fun and I know she worked pretty hard to get everything organized.

Thanks to my 5ecret 5anta too. I love my pretties!

Thanks to Lavinia for all the hard work organizing a wonderful party. And thank you to my 5anta and all the other donators for the terrific presents.

My scroll is now stuffed to the gills with lovely presents. biggrin.gif