The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

Unrelated to current question:

Have the magelights, 6 Xenos, and Spirits been added to the "official list" on the spreadsheets? I'm finally registering dragons (something I haven't done since Christmas!) and it doesn't seem that they were added yet.

Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure the Magelights have, as I was able to register mine (unless I somehow did it without them being added??? Idk) but I don't think the others have.

I have just added them all to the Mastersheet. Sorry for the delay.

We also now have a 5E Timeline (the infos come from posts still contained in this thread, so starting mid 2013) over at our DC website, which should make orientation after a hiatus easier.

If you know anything else you feel should go in there, please let me know. With dates would be ideal, but rough estimates would probably do for older stuff. smile.gif

Old Milestones:

I agree with airaani's vote that old milestone requests should be changable according to the new system.

Any other opinions?

Concerning the missing milestone entries in the spreadsheet, I think I've overlooked quite a bit of stuff while copying from Pink's posts on the first page. Not sure how that happened... unsure.gif I'm so sorry!

I'm going through them all again one by one, making sure everything is in there. This will take a bit (I copied all of it to a word file so I can delete what I've already checked, and it's 42 pages long. Of which I've managed to check one, so far. xd.png)

ETA: would anyone care for this 4th gen from Luckiest Catch (influenced female to follow stair)?

Just offer a dummy egg.

Edited by Lastalda

I was unable to load my spreadsheet to double check myself when I posted the milestone forms above, but my records indicate that I already received milestones for 15 hellfires and 15 gold tinsels. I deleted the forms above and I am reposting them with milestones my records indicate I haven't claimed yet.

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: Pink467

RECEIVER: airaani

GIFT: CB nebula

MILESTONE: 15 Rainbow coppers

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: grandmother_cathie

MILESTONE: 50 Golds

I have just added them all to the Mastersheet. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks! No problem for the delay. it's not like I wasn't working on adding in dragons that I was supposed to add in DECEMBER. No procrastination here. smile.gif

Thanks!  No problem for the delay.  it's not like I wasn't working on adding in dragons that I was supposed to add in DECEMBER.  No procrastination here.  smile.gif

*coughs* The last time I registered a dragon was way before my "gonna have a baby soon" hiatus - and that baby just turned 1 year last month... xd.png

@airaani:

have updated those.

But the Milestone Mastersheet said they were still unclaimed... could you please compare your entries in the "open Milestones" tab with what your records say is still open and let me know any discrepancies? (Depending on how elaborate your notes are, you could simply post the appropriate forms and I'll add it to the sheet.)

Thanks. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Eep. Okay, I'll try to figure out where we deviated!

...and I thought keeping my own notes was going to make things easier... tongue.gif

Edit: OKAY NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT. I was keeping my info on the breeds tab - Milestone Claimed, Next Milestone, Milestone Received, Milestone Owed. When Xenowyrms and such got added I copied down the number of each breed but not the milestone stuff. All of that was on the wrong line.

So you were totally right about the hellfires and embers BUT since grandmother cathie just sent me two more nebbies, we can just use those to fix the problem!

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: grandmother cathie

MILESTONE: 15 hellfires

*currently listed as gifted by Pink*

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: grandmother cathie

MILESTONE: 15 embers

*currently listed as gifted by Pink*

Also, I can't believe I forgot to post for this little beauty! Thank you rrattts!

Milestone gifted!

GIFTER: rrattts

GIFT: 2nd gen silver from nebula

MILESTONE: 200 elements in water

While I'm at it, I wanted to mention that my 50 Golds and 50 Silvers milestones are correctly listed on the Claimed tab, but are also listed on the open tab. Also, I messed up a form awhile back and my 50 Magi milestone should be 15 Magi >.> Sorry!!

Edited by airaani

All fixed, thank you. smile.gif

I'm still working on that old-milestones-file, but it's crawling work. So far, of those 42 word pages, 33 still remain to be checked (and I won't have much or any time next week, since my big girl starts school the weekend after, so there's all sorts of preparations to make tongue.gif). You guys have been busy in the last 5 years! xd.png

Gifting 2 hatchies...

NonElemental uninfluenced 3rd pb Thuwed.

3rd checkered white with Fi's alt shadow walkers, influenced correctly. Please send a dummy for this one.

Gifting 2 hatchies...

NonElemental uninfluenced 3rd pb Thuwed.

3rd checkered white with Fi's alt shadow walkers, influenced correctly. Please send a dummy for this one.

Thanks, Pink!

Have some CB Xenowyrms going spare

3 Astrapi's

2 Thalassa's

1 Magia

i am only dropping in randomly (decorating) so would ask if anyone wants any to send me a 2 way trade link and what egg/eggs they want laugh.gif

Did all of you run out and get your pretty new eggs?

I'm wondering about their possibility as elemental. They may have a metallic property due to the mention of metal in their egg description. But they appear to definitely have something to do with the moon. Hmm... does a lunar affiliation make them WIND? because of the connection to the cosmos?

It's been forever since I've been around, but I was considering working on this project again. I think I kind of got frustrated with it for awhile because I was very busy and I was having trouble thinking of new dragon names.

I'm wondering if my spreadsheet is still up-to-date and working... I imagine several dragons have been added in my absence and I think I had made some modifications to the sheet at one point. Would someone be able to check to see if it has what it's suppose to?

I'm wondering about their possibility as elemental. They may have a metallic property due to the mention of metal in their egg description. But they appear to definitely have something to do with the moon. Hmm... does a lunar affiliation make them WIND? because of the connection to the cosmos?

Wind was my original thought as well - with Nebula

I'm wondering if my spreadsheet is still up-to-date and working... I imagine several dragons have been added in my absence and I think I had made some modifications to the sheet at one point. Would someone be able to check to see if it has what it's suppose to?

Welcome back! biggrin.gif

Your spreadsheet looks ok and working to me. You will probably have to add the new breeds we've accepted in the meantime before you can register them. There's a guide how to do that here and here's a Timeline to see what you've missed (though you can also just compare with the "DragonsPerBreed" tab list on your spreadsheet).

If you run into any specific troubles, just let me know. smile.gif

Thanks Lastalda!

I'm still sorting through some things, but I think I have the hang of it again. Also, I don't think I ever reported this milestone.

Milestone Earned!

FORUM NAME: IvoryDragon432

MILESTONE EARNED: 3c - 10th Gen Element

DATE EARNED: Dec 27, 2014

GIFT REQUESTED: CB Hellfire

VERIFICATION: http://dragcave.net/lineage/XFGGw

ETA: Also, though it's not as relevant anymore, I'm back in EST.

Edited by IvoryDragon432

Added it to the Milestone sheet. smile.gif

On which topic, I'm finally done with copy&pasting all the old milestones from the first page into the Milestone Mastersheet! biggrin.gif

Wow, that was an effort.

If anything is still missing, please let me know!!!

(The stats tab may not yet be correct because for the counting to work the spelling must be correct and I haven't corrected that yet. Will do ASAP.)

Edit: done. Still need to check for double entries, though.

Edited by Lastalda

If they really are closely tied to the moon, I think it will depend on if it's to do with the actual phase or the light it emits. It's a pretty close tie for Wind and Fire, to my mind.

...that said, from a 'balance' point of view our Wind category desperately needs more dragons, lol. I'd love to see these guys become either Wind or Earth.

I am officially DONE with the Milestone Mastersheet!

Hooray! biggrin.gif

If anyone still has comments to make / changes to request, please speak up! smile.gif

Otherwise, I'll delete all the notes about earned and gifted milestones on the first page sometime next week, so we have only one record for everything.

This should hopefully make things less confusing for potential new members, and everyone else, too. xd.png

So, about the old open Milestones:

I suggest I wait until the new Milestone tiers are officially announced, and then I'll send all people who currently have open milestones (active or not) a PM telling them where to find the Milestone Mastersheet and to please let us know whether they'd like to claim any of their open Milestones. Everyonone also gets the chance to change their requests to somehting from the corresponding category we offer now (or lower).

Anyone who doesn't get in touch within a month gets their open milestones moved to a separate "Milestones on hold" tab, from where they can be reactivated when people get active again, but will no longer clog up the "Open Milestones" tab. So hopefully by the end of this year (hopefully sooner, actually xd.png) the "Open Milestones" tab will list only the stuff that active players are actually actively wanting and have earned, which should be a great guide for those who like to gift milestones. smile.gif

What do you guys think about this?

What do you guys think about this?

I think you totally rock!

And the hatchies have grown up!

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

I like them in Wind because their egg 'type' depends on the moon/cosmos and they 'eat' moon light.

That sounds like a great plan, Lastalda. Also, you deserve many thanks for your hard work on this.

and... TJ's first new dragon has grown up. biggrin.gif

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

I vote they be included in our Lineage in WIND because:

1. Dragons closely tied to the cosmos - they draw energy from the moonlight

2. They only hunt under waning moonlight

3. Their breeding is determined by the amount of lunar light they receive.

It seems to me they must be WIND because their whole existence is tied so closely to the moons.

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

I agree with wind.

That being Said, as promised, there is a Prize Line I will be gifting here. 3SS Bronze Tin x Thunder. For example, a sibling of http://dragcave.net/lineage/LrnGI . Please leave a reply in this thread, and I'll keep a list somewhere so I know what to knock down and will do something to randomize who "wins". But you must be members of this Breeding Project, just in case some wandering person thinks they can sneak in!

I see a lot of similarities between these and the Moonstones, so it seems like Fire would be a logical place for them, though I could also see the argument for Wind (due to the air/cosmos relation) or for Water (due to the Moon/Tide relation, though I know that's been argued against in the past).