The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

That is a beautiful pairing, rrattts. I have a hellhorse from Winya, so I'll pass, but it's certainly a unique and pretty combo.

That looks beautiful, and it's definitely Leeloo-useable material!

Alas, I haven't planned my 7th gen Leeloo yet, and I tend to be weid and inflexible about my lineage patterns... So I'll leave this beauty to someone who is either more flexible-minded or who already has an idea how to use it. :-)

(Although, for the very low chance that nobody else speaks up to claim it, it would find a loving, appreciated home and be used on my scroll. I'm just happy to defy to others who will use it more swiftly. smile.gif )

Edited by Lastalda

I'm back people! biggrin.gifrolleyes.giflaugh.gif

Well, I have to apologize for leaving so suddenly, specially because I know it troubled some group lineages I've been working on, none of them specific to 5E, but people from here are active (or were active before I left) on the threads to those lineages, so I take this chance to apologize to you too.

Well the reason I left was because I was having trouble keeping up with school and such a time demanding game DC is, I mean, for me at least, I spend quite some time naming dragons, adding them to spreadsheets, both online and on my own PC, while still working on other side projects to which I have spreadsheets as well, so, before I went mad and/or flunked the period on college, I had to made a decision and it was to focus on my studies, I hope you all understand that. Soon after that I bought my first laptop (yay! laugh.gif -sucks to be poor- dry.gif ) and I used it for college stuff, it was until I finished said period I was able to transfer all my personal files to one PC to the other, but th next period I got just as busy as the first one so I wasn't able to return to DC until it was over. But now I've returned and even when I'm currently on the third period of the year (and my second to last before graduation) I found myself with more free time than I wished for, so I decided to take the chance to return to DC.. and here I am! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Although I saw on the wikia that a lot, and I mean A LOT of dragons have been added, some of it very very interesting to me, and I know at least a few of them were added to the 5E lineage so, if anyone could tell me which ones were added to the lineage and to which element, I'd be really grateful! Just, don't refer me to the front page becasue well, its been a while since I updated my spreadsheet and it would be so much easier to highlight the new breeds than comparing one by one... sorry for the trouble...

Perhaps the timeline would be of use to you? I honestly don't know when you dropped off the map, but it's good to see you back in the forum.

I feel you on naming dragons, though. I have so much trouble with that xd.png

Welcome back, Ryu! biggrin.gif

I totally understand about taking priorities, and I absolutely agree that you took the right ones! Anything private should come before anything online. Always. DC is a game. Your life is not. smile.gif

And yes, the timeline should hopefully help you, since you would probably know best when you disappeared.

Please do let me know if there's anything about the timeline that would make it more helpful? Because exactly this situation is what I made it for, so now you're the first who gets to test it! xd.png

Thank you for the welcome! biggrin.gif And yes, the timeline sure came in handy! Now I know exactly which breeds I have to add to my spreadsheet tongue.gif

Now I only need to catch up to the projects I had going on and name the 20+ dragons I left unnamed before leaving xd.png

Good luck with that. biggrin.gif

Okay, people, time to tackle the next big thing: biggrin.gif

Discussing the New Milestone System

Quite a while back, Pink made a post with suggestions towards updating the milestone system.

We've already been using many of these for requested Milestones in the last half year, so it's high time we get these all polished up and official. smile.gif

airaani and I have already talked about them a bit and we have agreed on the following points:

• Nebulas will be moved to category 2 instead of 1.
  • We'll be replacing the 6th gen Leeloos (metallic, nonmetallic and all-inclusive) with 7th gens as soon as we have enough breeds. Those close to finishing a 6th gen Leeloo when the change happens can request Grandfathering.
  • The "max. 2 CB silvers per member" rule will be dropped. All milestones where these can be earned require months and months of work, so the danger of dozens of requests of these should be small. We'll keep the turnaround part of the rule, though (all other active people with open CB silver resuests get one before anyone gets two).
  • Requests are not limited to CBs; it's generally always possible to request a bred egg of (up to) the next higher category instead of a CB.
  • We'll be keeping the "gifted X Milestones" Milestones.
  • After the contents are all agreed upon, I will do some re-wording to make the milestone descriptions less redundant.
We would like your input especially on the following points:
  • 2nd gen metallics: Do we keep the 6th gen nonmetallic Leeloo to earn a 2nd gen silver (and current category 8), and add a 7th gen nonmetallic Leeloo to earn a 2nd gen gold?
  • Low-gen prizes: We would like to add at least 4th gen prizes as rewards, though not sure for which category? I'm confident we can fill these. But what about 3rd gen prizes? Can we reasonably do these? (This question is mainly directed at those of us who have at least one 2nd gen prize - would you be willing to donate 3rd gen offspring as Milestones? And what category should they go into?)
  • X gifted Milestones: Do we keep the current numbers (10, 25)? What rewards should we offer?
  • 7th gen Leeloos: Do we wait until we have 3 more breeds, so it's possible to do a nonmetallic Leeloo without any special dragons (prize-offspring, CB hybrid offspring, not even holidays), which will probably not happen before next spring, or do we change them now already, assuming that members will surely have at least a few CB holidays that work, or will be gifted with necessary 2nd gens?
All other input is welcome, as well, of course. smile.gif

We'll be discussing and collecting input for a bit and then I'll incorporate it all into a new mock-up so we can fine-tune. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

Well, my opinions on the points you're seeking input to would be:

2nd gen metallics: I'd say yes, keep a 6th gen non-metallic leeloo and add a 7th gen non-metallic leeloo. It gives newer members a chance to earn the silver or gold to do a metallic leeloo.

Low-gen prizes: I'd certainly be willing to offer eggs from my 2nd gen prizes. I have a few.

X gifted milsestones: what we were doing before was gifting shallow waters from Thuwed shallow water. That's not needed any more but we do have 3rd gen hellhorses from either Thuwed or Winya CB hellhorses available. (I have a 2nd gen from both of those) I'd say keep the gifted milestones required low.

7th gen leeloos: You might as well add them now. They'll take long enough to make that there's plenty of time to add the needed breeds for one with no special dragons in it. Plus I would be surprised if I'm the only one already working on one.

For the record: I'll be happy to breed my own 2nd gen prize (a female silver shimmer) (and of course any of my 3rd gens) for Milestones. smile.gif

Maybe we could offer a "3rd gen prize" Milestone gift where, while you can state a preferred breed and gender, we can't guarantee which one you get (since we probably can't guarantee to have 2nd gen prizes of all 12 breed-gender combinations ready to breed)?

And maybe we could make a list of who can (and is willing to) breed which kind of 3nd gen prize, to see whether this is feasible? Or would breeders be uncomfortable with that?

Where would we rank these? Is a 3rd gen prize worth about a CB silver, more, less? (I know it often depends on the rarity of the line and the CB ancestor, but we can't do this here, so we'll need an average worth.)

Edited by Lastalda

In my experience a 3rd gen prize is worth about the same as a CB copper. Though I see people requesting CB metals for 3rd gen prizes that's not what I get offered for mine.

7th gen leeloos: You might as well add them now. They'll take long enough to make that there's plenty of time to add the needed breeds for one with no special dragons in it. Plus I would be surprised if I'm the only one already working on one.

( You're not tongue.gif )

Hooray for all the updating! Thanks, Lastalda! (I'm definitely looking forward to having the new milestone system findable on the first page rather than having to search for it in the thread.)

I would support leaving 6th gen Leeloo goals while adding the 7th gen Leeloo goals. As long as a member doesn't use a claimed milestone 6th gen Leeloo towards their 7th gen, I think it would be nice for members to have that option. Embarking on a 7th EG lineage right off the bat is ambitious and a little intimidating. (Thus, I also support having the 2nd gen silver for 6th gen nonmetallic Leeloo and 2nd gen gold for 7th gen nonmetallic Leeloo.)

I'd say add 7th gen Leeloos now. I think that anyone interested in making one probably has a few elemental holidays. Besides, a 7th EG lineage is a big goal - anyone who didn't have any special dragons could work on it for months despite missing one or two base pairs and just wait for new elemental releases. At the current rate of dragon releases, it wouldn't be a long wait.

I would be willing to donate 3rd gen prizes, if my couple of 2nd gens cooperate. I think that members who earn a 3rd gen prize milestone should be able to get some choice in what prize they get, but I don't know how that should work. At minimum, I think that people should be able to choose between tinsel and shimmer if they want, and that people should be able to specify "not a line I already have" if they care about that.

If 3rd gen prizes really trade for coppers now, I should go back to trying to trade for prizes. I stopped a while ago and was waiting for the prices to get reasonable.

I should start on my first Leeloo soon... but planning it is scary! tongue.gif

I'd love to keep the 6th gen while also having a 7th. I haven't even started any Leelos myself, but when I finally get around to that I'd probably start with 6th gen before I try branching out to 7th.

I also like the new milestone things, thanks for organizing those :3

The trouble with keeping the 6th gen Leeloos while adding the 7th gens is "pricing". We currently offer a CB silver for a 6th gen metallic Leeloo. A 7th gen metallic Leeloo would be a CB gold, then - and the all-inclusive 7th gen???

Or maybe we could keep the 6th gen Leeloos, but move them all down one catgory...?

The trouble with keeping the 6th gen Leeloos while adding the 7th gens is "pricing". We currently offer a CB silver for a 6th gen metallic Leeloo. A 7th gen metallic Leeloo would be a CB gold, then - and the all-inclusive 7th gen???

Or maybe we could keep the 6th gen Leeloos, but move them all down one catgory...?

Yes, I'm fully in favor of that. If we keep them both the 6th gens should absolutely be priced down to something less difficult... I'm not sure what to suggest. Xenos or the harder-to-catch Pyralspites, perhaps..?

As long as we have 7th gen metallic and nonmetallic options, I don't know that we need both of those options for the 6th gen. Any 6th gen leeloo could be a 2nd gen silver, nonmetallic 7th gen leeloo is a 2nd gen gold, metallic 7th gen leeloo is a CB silver, and all inclusive 7th gen leeloo is a CB gold?

Edit: do pyralspites produce avatars? I've been trying for my leeloo and so far between my two GoNs I've gotten 7 spessartines and no avatars >.<

Edited by airaani

I think TCA said they should be Earth, which would produce Creation avatars. I haven't heard of anyone actually breeding one though. I can try mine if you'd like and see what happens.

I just tried mine and I just got Pyralspites... I'll probably try again in a week, now I'm curious.

I think TCA said they should be Earth, which would produce Creation avatars. I haven't heard of anyone actually breeding one though. I can try mine if you'd like and see what happens.

Yeah, that's what the wiki says, but so far no luck for me sad.gif I'd love to know what results others are getting.

Edit: HA! My leeloo vine pairing finally alted biggrin.gif (note: alt not required for all-inclusive leeloo, just my own thing)

Edited by airaani

Anyone else getting a "page not found" when trying to gather ingredients? sad.gif

I've been fortunate enough not to get this, but my roomie's been getting that a lot. Maybe because she's on a mac, I have no idea? I can only wish you good luck.

I haven't been on much - So far I have successfully gathered 3 ingredients, and have gotten that message twice.

People are having a problem with IE and Safari. If you're using one of those, or an ad-blocker or have something blocking certain images, java, etc, you may have problems. Try disabling certain addons and see if it helps, try using Firefox instead of IE or Safari, clear your cache, etc. It may fix it.