The Fifth Element

The Fifth Element Lineage

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects.

I agree with Fiona - I see them all in Life, because their inherent dependence on and usage of mana is apparently what all Xenowyrms are fundamentally about.

Voting YES to ALL 6 Xenowyrm species' in LIFE!

Edited by Lastalda

I agree with Fiona - I see them all in Life, because their inherent dependence on and usage of mana is apparently what all Xenowyrms are fundamentally about.

...yeah, alright I agree with Fiona, and the argument she and Lastalda put forth, as to why they should all be in LIFE, and am changing my vote on all six accordingly. Also this way we're only 8 breeds away from being able to do a Life-only 6th gen Leeloo

Edited by silver_chan

Interesting stuff to think about. I think they should all be included and I'll ponder categories.

I think, if Birdz is willing to BOOM in and make a point that they are totally reliant on mana/magic and are nothing without them ... I'd have to toss an agreement they probably be best to stick in with Life. I think .... the way they were designed, and the way elements are going to emerge with new dragons, that it may challenge the way this thread sorts Elemental affinities in the future. But for this one, I think its easier to stick them in in the same place - and "Life" is that best place. We've already been warned about "different" breeding and .... with this clue, it might be best to place them in life.

This might make something special or different in the future in regards to how breeding works (and maybe that will have elemental impacts too), so keeping these guys together might be a great start. We'll see how these babies and their babies turn out!

(And it seems like Birdz might be Pro-Life on this one.... Sorry couldn't resist)....

Please help me welcome Lastalda as our newest thread mod! In my mind, she has been one forever, just making it official now tongue.gif

*waves like crazy at birdz* haiiiiiiiii and welcome and thank you for these amazing new dragons! smile.gif

Time to open the voting polls on the Xenowyrms. All members are welcome to vote, but please read the following definitions carefully. Ideally I would like a breed to have 3 characteristics to qualify for an Elemental category, so if giving a YES vote please state your reasoning along with it. You may not compare a new release to an already eligible breed. They must be voted in on their own merit.

EARTH - Dragons comprised of, resembling, or able to control rock, metal, and/or dirt, POSSIBLY residing in the earth. For example, a stone dragon is made of stone-like material AND eats rocks. Green dragons live within the caves AND have control over the earth.

WIND - Dragons comprised of gas or with a strong connection to weather or the cosmos. POSSIBLY those that spend a majority of their time in the air. For example, grey dragons land only to rest and eat AND they have control of the weather. Thunder dragons land only to sleep and breed. They get moisture from the clouds and control the weather.

FIRE - Dragons who control or are comprised of fire or electricity. Also those that resemble fire or the sun or which are controlled by or strongly tied to the sun. For example, magma dragons are coated in magma, live in volcanic regions AND are capable of withstanding intense temperatures. Sunsongs control light AND are controlled by the light.

WATER - Dragons who control or are comprised of water in either it's liquid or solid state. Also those that live the entirety of their lives in the water. For example, ice dragons form icicles on their skin, and can freeze a predator with their cold breath.

LIFE - Dragons who rely on or are affected by a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds. Dragons who possess mana pertaining to magical, mental or spiritual control or consisting of magic in a way that is different from other breeds, or having a significant positive role in the world that is different from other breeds, or having a significant effect on a very specific part of nature, which must be different than the majority of other breeds, including both positive and negative effects. For example, a qualifier can not be that the dragon depends on living in the trees alone. But Pumpkin dragons would qualify because they live specifically in pumpkins AND can only be bred during Harvest time.

Originating from a single species that thrived in ancient times, Xenowyrms have become an incredibly diverse breed whose appearances vary depending on their habitats. Each Xenowyrm subspecies is heavily reliant on the power of different types of mana, making them powerful magic users.

Alpine: Astrapi are easily the most temperamental of all Xenowyrm subspecies. Their unpredictable behavior—coupled with their masterful control of lightning magic—has the potential for devastating results. Most of their time is spent airborne, flying through the skies or circling mountainsides for prey.

Coast: Thalassas are a unique variety of Xenowyrm in that they are the only subspecies known to dwell in marine environments. Their porous skin and slender build are perfectly suited for the aquatic terrain, but they can only survive for short periods of time on land. Powerful users of water magic, they can create large waves and alter currents with a simple thought.

Desert: Mageia, found exclusively in desert regions, are thought to be the wisest Xenowyrm subspecies. Due to their knowledge of the magi element, they are able to cast a variety of magics, including teleportation. Their beautiful yellow scutes are reflective and smooth like glass, making them very valuable to collectors.

Forest: Chronos are often considered to be the most elusive of all Xenowyrm subspecies: they live in the darkest and densest forests, far from civilization. They are masters of time magic, allowing them to manipulate the flow of time at will. It is said that Chrono lairs are protected by a field of magic that makes the minutes tick by at a slow pace for any unwanted visitors.

Jungle: Gaia, despite their large size, are the lightest of all Xenowyrm subspecies. They possess the ability to use incredibly powerful life magic, though most of their efforts are concentrated; to them, nothing is more important than letting plant life thrive. Adult Gaia will use their magic to grow vegetation around themselves so they can spread it wherever they travel.

Volcano: Pyros are easily the heaviest of all Xenowyrm subspecies and they use their weight to their advantage. If scorching their foes with flames doesn’t finish them off, Pyros will use the weight of their bodies for sheer crushing power. They create their lairs solely in volcanic regions, where lava and billowing flames are the land’s most prominent features.

Astrapi:

yes - cathie (life), phantom, silver (life), airaani (wind), lavinia (fire), fiona (life), lastalda (life), natayah (life)

no

Thalassas:

yes - cathie (life), phantom, silver (life), airaani (wind), lavinia (water), fiona (life), lastalda (life), natayah (life), bluey (life)

no

Mageia:

yes - cathie (life), phantom, airaani (wind), fiona (life), lastalda (life), silver (life), natayah (life), bluey (life)

no - lavinia

Chronos:

yes - cathie (life), phantom, airaani (wind), fiona (life), lastalda (life), silver (life), natayah (life), bluey (life)

no - lavinia

Gaia:

yes - cathie (life), phantom, silver (life), airaani (wind), lavinia (life), fiona (life), lastalda (life), natayah (life), bluey (life)

no

Pyro:

yes - cathie (fire), phantom, silver (life), airaani (wind), fiona (life), lastalda (life), natayah (life), bluey (life)

no - lavinia

Feel free to continue to discuss/debate or change your votes, will probably leave voting open until the 8th unless we need more time.

Edited by Pink467

Based on their creator's comments, I'd put them all in Life.

Now if someone can just point me to the post that explains their breeding results. Giggle smile.gif

Grandmother_Cathie: This thread has an explanation for Xeno breeding. The stuff in the first post has been confirmed by birdz.

I bet Thalassas will look good with both genders of Silver, they're the perfect color to compliment the soft pinks and blues of a Silver's mane.

That's a great point! I didn't even think to try them with female silver. I want to do a 'checker' now where they swap gender every generation.

Hey, was there anyone who was down for a cb magma as a milestone gift? I lucked into catching one yesterday and thought to try trading it for a cb Xeno, but I'm not getting any bites. If I can't trade it I'd like to gift it.

And I just realized that I hadn't voted. >.> Oops. Luckily it looks like there is still time.

I'm going to have to agree with those who have said that because this is all one species, that all Xenos should be in the same category, and I think they all have a strong case for Life.

1) As silver and birdz pointed out, they are completely reliant on mana to the point where if you took it away from them, they'd die.

2) Their bodies have become significantly altered to become as adept and in line with their specific mana affinity as possible, making them not only reliant on the mana, but masters of using it as well.

3) Because of this link with mana, these dragons are all very closely linked to a specific part of nature, again, in line with whichever mana they are tied with. Example, the Thalassas are closely linked to tides, currents, and other parts of naturally occurring phenomena in oceans or other natural aquatic environments.

How's everyone doing in their Xeno collecting? I'm not doing too badly myself... I finally got a female Astrapi which brings me to a pair of each, plus some extras, and I managed 2 pairs each of Thalassa and Gaia.

How's everyone doing in their Xeno collecting? I'm not doing too badly myself... I finally got a female Astrapi which brings me to a pair of each, plus some extras, and I managed 2 pairs each of Thalassa and Gaia.

I haven't really even been trying tongue.gif Maybe I need a better cave strategy, but I assumed I'd have no luck at all finding them so soon after the drop, and I actually haven't even seen one whenever I try hunting.

I'm sure they're there, I just have really bad luck finding rare-er eggs in-cave.

I haven't really even been trying tongue.gif Maybe I need a better cave strategy, but I assumed I'd have no luck at all finding them so soon after the drop, and I actually haven't even seen one whenever I try hunting.

I'm sure they're there, I just have really bad luck finding rare-er eggs in-cave.

I completely understand, I haven't caught any since the initial drop... I've just been trading for them. It's slow going since most people want swaps but I'm willing to give metals and prizes for them so I've slowly been accumulating. Plus my husband gave me some <3<3

I managed two astrapi and two chrono on the drop plus one of each of the others, despite having to catch on my phone and being without any connection at all for the first 36 hours of the drop. Since then I've traded for another thalassa, pyro, two mageia and two chrono. I have yet to get a trade for another gaia.

I've been offering 2nd gen Xenos from my shadow walker alts. They seem to work pretty well as trade bait.

I managed two astrapi and two chrono on the drop plus one of each of the others, despite having to catch on my phone and being without any connection at all for the first 36 hours of the drop. Since then I've traded for another thalassa, pyro, two mageia and two chrono. I have yet to get a trade for another gaia.

I've been offering 2nd gen Xenos from my shadow walker alts. They seem to work pretty well as trade bait.

Ohhh good. I saw someone trying to trade a couple of those and I was hoping they weren't gifts!

Nope, not gifts. biggrin.gif

I'm trying to collect at least a pair of each Xeno. Two pairs if I can manage it. Even if they weren't going to be elemental I'd probably concentrate on collecting them for awhile because they're gorgeous. As it is I don't think two pairs are going to be enough but it's what I think I can manage for now.

Nnnggg the struggle... I want to collect Xenos, but there are so many pretty 3rd gen prizes for trade for them....

I have worked soaks off trading and hunting rolleyes.gif mainly in trades got some good ones early in release for 8 hatchies per 3rd gen prize ohmy.gif not many more to get now smile.gif so hoping to be able to spread some left overs around any spares i will post in thread biggrin.gif

Wait... 8 for one 3rd gen? I've been trading my 2nd gens from alt shadows 1:1. >.<

Wait... 8 for one 3rd gen? I've been trading my 2nd gens from alt shadows 1:1. >.<

...man, that's enough to want me to beg the person I know with a CB Shimmer for a second gen from her baby. Idk what I could offer, though /laugh.

...or she could just offer one to me /blink blink. Too bad it's not elemental, but I won't be picky... and it looks good with Pillows anyway xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

i got those trades in the first 4 days of release now its getting very hard to trade a 3rd gen even Gold ones rolleyes.gif