lola92

What do YOU want to do when you grow up?

I read meters for a living at the moment. It's not exciting, it's not glamourous, and it sure as hell ain't what I wanted to do when I was in school.... but it pays the bills. I'd kinda like to move into the tech support department at the same company. I like the company I work for, and tech support is relevant to my interests and skills.

I plan on graduating high school and going to college/university. I'm really looking at Yale, harvard, or Oxford. happy.gif I plan to major in biology.

I want to go into medicine like my grandpa. I love the biosciences. I'm hoping to be a trauma surgeon or an oncologist. :3

Another option would be virology/epidemiology; viruses have always been interesting to me.

I plan to get a degree in computer engineering, and if I can't do that then some other type of engineering. And hopefully live somewhere in Germany, preferably near a train.

Or if there's ever a "Think of music and it'll come out on various instruments exactly the way you imagined it," thing, I'd love to do that.

Edited by Ztarz

Something to do with psychology, biology, chemistry or stuff like that.*

*Subject to change.

I guess i'll choose one of the many options i got depending on the fun i can extract from them ....

My IT engineering degree is in process , would be complete in a year or so , and then i got other options such as music .. i got a band here that is doing pretty good covers ... hopefully we'll discover some of our music too ..

then there's sports , i am a part of the college cricket as well as the soccer team ..

methinks i'd choose music as that is the most pleasing , and cool too laugh.gif

I envy all of you who are so full of ideas for your futures.

I was told this morning I should take a shot at the comic book industry, but idk. I don't think I've got what it takes

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher and a nurse.

I have since gotten married (36 years ago, and still with the same guy xd.png), I have 3 kids, 4 grandkids (5 by my user name but one is passed on), I've been a teacher. But being a nurse? Nope, can't do it.

At the time my grandmother was a nurse and I wanted to be the kind she was, working in the nursery holding babies and stuff. But as I got older, and learned more about what nurses have to do, I changed my mind. I don't like the sight of blood, I don't like needles, I can't handle cleaning up someone elses puke or other bodily messes. If they were my kid or grandkid, I can handle that, just not anyone elses!

I envy all of you who are so full of ideas for your futures.

I was told this morning I should take a shot at the comic book industry, but idk. I don't think I've got what it takes

That's one of my backup plans, lol.

Its always good to have a few backup plans that you'd actually enjoy doing if you can't do your first choice.

I've go a few.

For me, it's the first choice of Canadian infantry soldier/sniper (eventually)

Then Whale scientist, then comic book illustrator/fantasy illustrator.

And if somehow none of those work out, I'm not sure what I'll do, lol.

I would like to be a veterinarian, specializing in ferrets.

Or someone who works on animation for games of movies, or an explorer. Or a cryptozoologist. Or a human doctor or lawyer. Or be a writer. Or an astronomer.

So many choices. :(

Forgot to mention this earlier... back in May I got a science fiction publisher interested in taking on my NaNo novel from two years back. I still have to write another 40 to 50k on it and tighten it up like whoa, but it looks like my goal of being a published science fiction author will be a reality within a few years. smile.gif

I'd love to be a pastry chef. (We'll see after this next year)

So I'm well on my way to actually making this happen...

If I planned things right, I'll have an Associate's Degree in Baking and Pastry by the end of next summer (thanks to my high school's dual enrollment program).

I'm also in a gifted mentorship class this school year, and will hopefully be interning at a specialty cake shop in a few weeks. happy.gif

I am an adult (though not grown up!) and I currently work as a college lecturer - which is definitely not what I want to do with my life. But I am hoping to start working as a university tutor in a few weeks, which is what I want to do, and I work as a first aider several nights a week which I enjoy.

I am off to Everest in six months - my life's dream. Please help me by sponsoring through the link in my signature, as I am raising money in aid of the British Heart Foundation through my Everest Trek.

I'll never grow up! But I am considered an adult. c: I went to college for graphic design, and I suppose things have worked out half and half for me. I can't seem to find a full time job in graphic design, but I am freelancing.

I'm hoping that I'll get a full time job in the next few months, because I really need it. xd.png But I'm living the dream so far! :'D

Lola,

I worked on my degree and Masters while in the military, and ended up with my dream goal in Forensic Psychology.

It took me approximately seven years to burn out.

It also took me another seven years to stop waking up screaming in the middle of the night with nightmares from dealing with what some people can do to others.

Especially children.

Horror movies can't even come close to what people can do to each other in reality.

Then there is the "mop up." Dealing with the victims after-the-fact.

Now I work at a prison, dealing only with the perpetrators.

Life is much easier that way, and there is only a 40% chance the CERT team will be called in to sniper out a few lives from a tower.

I'm much happier in life knowing I only have to worry about Summer weather on the hay fields, and occasionally shooting out someone's internal organs.

Edit: What I want to do? Be comfortable, happy, and make enough money to do what I choose to enhance my life. I've achieved that.

And as far as your technical school and future plans for a nursing degree...all the best to you.

Many areas of this Country, including mine, pay higher for technical fields. Here the pay and benefits are doubled for technicians over those in fields with a college degree.

Edited by blackhilllife

I'm definitely an adult (but not grown up, seems to be a recurring theme here tongue.gif ), and although I'm not able to work in a conventional job or do normal schooling because of social anxiety disorder, that hasn't stopped me from wanting to be able to do something with my life once I've settled and dealt with my personal demons.

I've always adored animals and given a choice working with them would be my dream job. I couldn't do vet work, though, thanks to a phobia of needles xd.png My ideal jobs have drifted from dog training, grooming, working in a shelter, working at a wholesale fish-store (I love fishkeeping more than anything else), breeding fancy birds (ie, chickens, pigeons, peafowl etc), even cleaning stables.

Another passion of mine is flight, and because of that I've wanted to learn piloting small aircraft, such as touring & sightseeing airplanes/helicopters. I'm also interested in stunt pilot work, despite the fact that's the least likely of them all for me to get. tongue.gif

I've also loved reading and writing from an early age. I enjoy writing fantasy/science fiction/reference material, so although I don't think I have it in me to pursue that as a full-time career, it's definitely something I'd do in my spare time.

...and ended up with my dream goal in Forensic Psychology

When I was younger I wanted to study this as well, although in my 'older' age I've done a complete u-turn as simply watching certain movies or reading certain news articles can reduce me to a whimpering mess. I'm squishy and wouldn't be able to handle knowing some of the things people are capable of doing. I think it takes a hell of a strong person to be able to choose that as their line of work!

Well, currently in middle school, so it's not like I'm definitely sure about this. >.>

I would like to be a Marine Biologist, or an English professor for a college. These stem from my affinity and undying love for the ocean/aquatic animals, and the fact I hate when people have bad English.

Just some thoughts biggrin.gif

I'd like to be a Chemical Engineer. That has always interested me. Or a computer engineer. I'd love that.

I want to be a college professor. Teaching is fun, but I don't like little kids. (When I become old teenagers will equal little kids, so high school's out of the question.)

Forgot to mention this earlier... back in May I got a science fiction publisher interested in taking on my NaNo novel from two years back. I still have to write another 40 to 50k on it and tighten it up like whoa, but it looks like my goal of being a published science fiction author will be a reality within a few years. smile.gif

That is fabulous!

Best of luck on that!

I want to be a GD mod on DC!

accomplished, now what?

Actually, I think I might have posted already but I don't know. I also want to be a college professor, but not for the teaching. I'm shooting for a Ph.D. in math or physics and I'd like to go into the academic world. Either that or be a firefighter.

I'd like to be a well-liked author, but my best story goes like: "This cat did this stuff, and his friend dieded." and that's as far as I've gotten with four chapters, so probably a chemist if my writing skills don't improve. I'd probably be a chemist anyway.

Computer engineer, well something in computers or engineering, preferably both. tongue.gif So far I've gotten about 40 letters from various colleges all over the US inviting me to visit, etc. They should know that I'm not going to travel 3000 miles across the US to VISIT a college... If I do I'm going to be VERY sure I'm going there. :3 Currently liking Clarkson, because it's instate and very good anyways.

Honestly I really don't know but what I would love to do is, study rare breeds of birds in their habitat, including research in genetics. Yup.

I honestly don't know. I want to do something that has to do with crime solving, like forensic science or the like.