lola92

What do YOU want to do when you grow up?

My sister is going to get me a job at her work once I'm graduated high school, doing background clearances for the federal government. I need some training and my diploma to really impress, but she knows she can get me in.

I'm going to go to college while I work for Homeland Security and a minor in Cybersecurity, next summer after graduation. I have the grades and scores that I should be in instantly.

I think I want to go into international anti-terrorism or manage government technology systems to protect against cyber terrorism threats. I have a family member who works in policy management and research for threat and critical emergency intelligence response, who says with my mind and the right training, I'd be perfect going into the field and they'd mentor me, especially to get into what they are doing. Here's hoping!

I always knew I would work for the federal government. All my family has, in one way or the other. One country's government or another.

Edited by Lillesoster

I want to produce/program/design/model video games! I'm already prepping and studying for my first game, which I hope will be a little thing to be released in 2016 or so.

As a back up plan, I can do art for advertising p:

I'd like to be a cartoon animator someday. x3 If not animation, I'd at least like to go into making comics, but animation would be preferred.

I'm making a career out of the US Air Force, to then go into Game Programming for awhile, after I get out...maybe even try while I'm if I can.

I'm really hoping to be accepted into the neurosciences program at one of the universities I'm applying to as that field is rapidly expanding and new things are constantly being discovered.

My second choice is marine biology, mainly just because I love it so much. If I were to go that direction I think I would probaby study whale sharks since so little is known about them.

no idea what i want to be, but it doesn't really matter to me as long as it pays enough to enjoy life.

I would either be a vet, or a assistant at a pet shop. Or become a writer, or illustrator for books. Or some kind of researcher. biggrin.gif

my problem is that I'll never grow up xd.png

I'll be myself which means childish most of the time, mature when needed happy.gif

but possibly a performing artist happy.gif

I am in a pre apprenticeship program for the masonry field. If all goes well, thats what I will do for my career.

I WANT TO BE A BIRD.

I bet no one will get the joke, so....I'm working on being a freelance artist. Hopefully I'll get somewhere from there.

I want to be an author and illustrator, or even write graphic novels.

(Then WHY am I doing a Criminology degree? blink.gif )

Well I don't know if I qualify as being a 'grown up'. I just turned 21 the other day and I still have quite a bit of growing up to do. I just recently moved into my own apartment so that's a huge step. I have been working as a Shift Manager at Wawa for almost two years now (for those who don't know what that is, it is basically a convenient store. Sort of like a 711 but bigger and more popular on the East Coast in certain states). I hate my job and I certainly don't plan on doing it the rest of my life. I am simply not built for customer service and just dealing with people in general. There are so many idiots out there and I just can't stand it.

My dream job has always been Marine Biology, ever since I can remember. But I am so unmotivated and the biggest procrastinator, I don't know if I will ever reach that. It takes a lot of time, commitment, and money to be able to even start working toward that and right now... I just don't have it.

I'm hoping that in a few years I will be able to move to Florida and be able to keep my position (as they are building quite a few Wawa's there) and go to school there. I've always wanted to move to Florida anyway and I hear they have great schools for my desired career. The only reason I would want to stay at Wawa is because I know I will have a secure job and they assist with paying for school so it would be a huge help.

But with my luck (which is non-existent) I will be stuck with a job I hate for the rest of my life...

I wish to be a CSI, which just means crime scene investigator. I have had an interest in forensic sciences for a long time.

I want to be an author. I already have a ton of ideas for books, but I have writer's block. DX I want to illustrate the books, too, and being a professional spriter sounds pretty cool. Also making comics is cool. (Not like the superhero kind. Those are lame. I mean like awesome manga ones.)

Actor, director, something that has something to do with the show bussiness. Preferrably actor - I'm excellent at that from birth.

Also, graphic art or any kind of art (preferrably drawing, anime animator) cuz I'm pretty good at that too.

Or a lawyer, 'cuz I can argue like censorkip.gif. I'm awesome at arguing.

Ooh! A writer - I have a great sense of imagination.

Or even a comedian - I'm known for my sillyness and funnyness (I know it's not a word..)

Edited by Brainiac

A lot of you have your heads on right.

As far as the military goes, I have a son on his second deployment. He is a lifer. With Obama in, and the way he does the military, do not join. You do not screw with our soldiers and bind their hands. These men and woman need to be treated better than they are being treated. They lay their life down for us and the USA. In training they brain wash you, and as far as they are concerned, you are disposable to them.

If it were not for those brave and couragous people, none of us would have what we have to day like sitting in our cozy little homes and worrying about stupid stuff.

Think very carefully before joining.

My prayers go out to all our military, God Bless You All, and thank you for your service.

I am in a job I enjoy, very lucky and have been doing it for 25 years.

Edited by ~Kat~

Ever since I was little, I've wanted to be a zookeeper. :3 It still fits me, I think. I love animals, but I never wanted to be a vet, since I hate surgery, like more exotic animals, and I've heard it takes a lot of education, while zookeepers need a bachelor's degree. smile.gif I'm not sure exactly which kinds of animals I'd like to work with, though. Maybe big cats, but I talked to a zookeeper once and she said she used to work with cheetahs, but she's allergic to cats and had to stop. I'm allergic too. It would be a dream come true to work with otters, my favorite animal, but I'm also allergic to ferrets. Maybe I'll get allergy shots or something. I also like birds. But I've heard it depends on the zoo,and in some, you work with different animals every day, so I'll wait and see! wink.gif

I really just want to do computer code and hopefully work for this site or something similar c:

I wouldn't mind doing acting though [sometimes my friends can't even work out if I'm actually acting or not blink.gif ], or something in the media tongue.gif

Edited by cfmtfm

I have such a list that it is ridiculous. tongue.gif Although I get bored with a job fast enough that I will probably end up doing most of these.

Pilot(bush pilot only!), scuba diving instructor, writer, professional rock climbing, Conservation work...there's more. tongue.gif