RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

If I recall correctly, there was a topic about this but...I can't find it...and I dunno what to google...

Does anyone know how to make one of those pics that changes every time you refresh?

If I recall correctly, there was a topic about this but...I can't find it...and I dunno what to google...

Does anyone know how to make one of those pics that changes every time you refresh?

Those are image rotators. I use randimg.net; there's also rotasig. :3

Well starting at round 5:30 PM EST time, i started to get constantly called by some Private Number over and over again. It got so annoying i just turned off my phone. I turned on my phone about 3 minutes ago and im getting called constantly again. What in the world is happening? BTW, i live in New York City, and even my facebook friends are getting the calls.

Mathematics question! Specifically, factorials, not just a giant love of exclamation marks. What's 300!/297!

I thought since the 297! would cancel out, giving 300x299x298= 26730600, but that's apparently not it.

Edited by Completely Different

Mathematics question! Specifically, factorials, not just a giant love of exclamation marks. What's 300!/297!

I thought since the 297! would cancel out, giving 300x299x298= 26730600, but that's apparently not it.

It is. 300 x 299 x 298 = 26,730,600

And I have a Masters with honours in Maths, so trust me.

It is. 300 x 299 x 298 = 26,730,600

And I have a Masters with honours in Maths, so trust me.

Yes- I believe you said you were a math teacher before.

This marks the second time this new online math thing is wrong, then. *glares at it*

Thanks for the help, though.

Yes- I believe you said you were a math teacher before.

This marks the second time this new online math thing is wrong, then. *glares at it*

Thanks for the help, though.

What online maths?

What online maths?

My course is using an online math program called "My Math Lab" where there are assignments and quizzes done online, presumably to cut down on paper usage. Unfortunately, it has a lot of glitches; it occasionally says correct answers are wrong, and also isn't very lenient when it comes to notation.

I feel that there are some things which are just better done on paper, and a subject as notation heavy as math is just one of them.

My course is using an online math program called "My Math Lab" where there are assignments and quizzes done online, presumably to cut down on paper usage. Unfortunately, it has a lot of glitches; it occasionally says correct answers are wrong, and also isn't very lenient when it comes to notation.

I feel that there are some things which are just better done on paper, and a subject as notation heavy as math is just one of them.

Oh gods, not MathLab...

Sounds like you've heard of it, then? xd.png

Yes. Hence why I use paper for maths class.

****ING MATH LAB.

Yeah no that site is evil and should crash and die get fixed. D<

It's ridiculously specific, if you have ONE symbol or space out of line, nope.

I'm not even a math person and I think paper is so much better.

Actually I guess do I have a question:

Should I get into Supernatural, BBC's Sherlock, or any number of anime that would eat my soul kill my time? I think I can figure in time for a show, but looking at everything I want to watch at once is rather daunting.

Edited by NixAyum

Well, I can certainly advocate that Sherlock is very good quality and worth some time. Also, its only six episodes, so it'll take only a small bite out of your soul.

...also, now feeling far more hesitant for this next term, if Math Lab has such a bad rap. I was already wondering how I was going to get through all the quizzes when all internet access on campus is wireless, which MML apparently can't cope with.

Edited by Completely Different

Sherlock! I was really sceptical, because I love the books and just couldn't imagine how those could be taken and translated into this time. But they did a brilliant job on that. Adjusting the stories in just the right places to make them believable in our technically very much advanced world without completely changing what they are. And I personally think that Benedict Cumberbatch's voice is to die for <3

Ditto on Sherlock. It's awesome!

Anyways, my question: I really want to get an iPod touch. Does anyone have any complaints, praises, suggestions, and whatnot?

Anyways, my question: I really want to get an iPod touch. Does anyone have any complaints, praises, suggestions, and whatnot?

My iPod touch is my precious, I love it.

My only suggestion is that if you want one, get familiar with iTunes first. There have been a few times when I add stuff from my computer to my iPod and instead of keeping my whole library on the iPod, it puts that one song on the iPod and removes all the other songs in the library on the iPod (resyncing usually fixes it, but it's really annoying and if it happens and you don't know wtf is going on, it can be scary ;-;).

Edit: DIE SMILEY I hate you, ruining my sentence.

Edited by Infinis

Re: Sherlock: Could not be awesomer. Unlike a lot of Holmes fanfiction that makes in into mainstream media, Sherlock is like a remix of the original stories. If you've read the old stories and novels, you will constantly squee with joy at how awesomely everything translates into the modern era and the other side of the looking glass. Plus there's the requisite gay jokes/slashiness. (John Watson is truly the happiest girl in all Utah.)

Re: Ipod touch--do NOT ever allow it to get any kind of wet or damp or humid, and don't place it on the same table as beverages, and don't take it on boats or to states or countries that border the ocean or large lakes, and don't look at it while crying or after putting drops in your eyes, and don't allow your dog to lick you while you're carrying it, and don't let anyone shower or use the toilet or wash dishes in your house while the ipod is in your house, and don't touch it with sweaty hands, or indeed with any hands that have ever touched water. Being within seven miles of any form of moisture will kill the entire screen/touchpad and you will have no way to see the screen or control the ipod, and you will basically have a small, shiny, external harddrive.

Question 1: Does anyone have a copy of Little Women handy? Can someone tell me the last line out of it? I have found a copy of it in the creepy room full of old books at my parents' house, and the back cover is off, so I can't tell if the entire book is there or if the last few pages/chapters were lost to whatever fate killed the cover.

Edit, Question 2: So, Skyrim players, huh? How do I get Faendal to stop sniffing around my wife?

Edited by Sadako

Edit, Question 2: So, Skyrim players, huh? How do I get Faendal to stop sniffing around my wife?

My Khajiit has a follower husband, so that isn't an issue for me. However, since I needed Bosmer blood for Hermaeus Mora and a follower sacrifice for Boethia, I killed two birds with one stone by picking on poor Faendal. If he keeps bugging your wife, that'll stop him pretty quick.

I also have a husband (I'm so amused that it has no sexuality coding. My Male Nord could marry almost any man he liked!), so again not a problem. That said I'm pretty certain that it doesn't happen if you take the quest to deliver the letter from Sven, although that may just give you another chap as a problem.

You did have to marry a girl already caught in a love triangle didn't you?

@ amerylis: Thank you!

@ Princess Artemis: That's genius, I'm off to start that quest--thanks.

@TkindiDragon: Lol, yep, I'm difficult like that! I did the Sven/Faendal quest, but I didn't finish it until after I married Camilla--I gave the fake letter to Camilla and told her the truth about it, and it just made Faendal mad at me, but he's still always poking around the shop and using my cooking pot and saying snooty things. I ended up with Sven as a potential follower and Camilla mad at Faendal for trying to get between her and Sven, and I spend most of my time at my house in Riften because my wife is an irritating strumpet and my house is full of elf. (I'm considering murdering her and trying to remarry.) I could move her to another town, but I don't want a wife and a housecarl in the same house, it feels a little like keeping a mistress across the hall from one's wife.

...ah, the delight of interpersonal drama with NPCs.

Edited by Sadako

Lol. Y'know the housecarls are of various genders, so if you're playing your guy straight then why not just move to somewhere you have a male housecarl?

I'm slowly looking about for an external HDD, can someone give me some pointers on purchasing one? Which brands I could hope for to be somewhat reliable? Is drive size somehow correlated to the expected stability of the drive? Anything else?