RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

Bacon butties are indeed an excellent hangover cure. Containing salts for dehydration, protein for energy and dealing with alcohol-induced hypoglycaemia, gives something to line the stomach and gut to relieve the pain of alcohol breaking down your gut lining, and just tasting so darned good!

They sound wonderful. I might have to try them myself sometime. 😊

On 11/30/2021 at 9:21 PM, catstaff said:

Yes, resurrecting this thread once again with yet another Brit-pick question, would someone from Sheffield refer to a bacon sandwich as a bacon butty or a bacon sarnie? I've seen both terms used in stories with British characters, but I know there can be regional differences and I like to get the little details right whenever possible.

Hi I'm from a village around the Chesterfield/Sheffield area so pritty much next to/ near Sheffield and we tend to say Bacon cob in my area :) but I am Chesterfield side so not quite the same terminology, however that being said  people do also use the term bacon butty as well but there is some differences in how we all talk depending on area, more country folk I would say tend to say butty especially wwhen saying things like "i really fancy a bacon butty" or "fancy a butty and a brew" but thats more slangy terms said to a friend or friends when out and about or at work, but there are so so many ways people say cobs in the Midlands haha 

Cobs

Barncakes

Baps 

Rolls

To name a few but then my village is very sheltered and dosent pronounce the local areas correct so who really knows haha 😄 

Edited by Bloommist

@Bloommist Thanks for your answer!

I did go with butty, as I had to get the story in for the writing challenge already, and out of four previous responses on this and other platforms, three said butty. 🙂 So I went with the majority.

I would have gone fot the same answer or actually same comment? Maybe? lol

Anyhow I thing stepping up with the majority is okey ;)