RheaZen

Q&A: Questions and Answers

For many types of vehicles that may be going into really rough terrain, there are skid plates that can be bought and put on to protect the undercarriage. We got some for our Jeep, and though they added a bit of weight to it, they worked wonderfully.

Where in the world can I find a complete Yusei cosplay costume and/ or a Reshram cosplay costume. Please help... I AM GOING INSANE!!! wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

I'm the last person you'd expect to reply this forum (right after Chuck Norris), as I know nothing about Cosplay.

But don't people usually make these costumes themselves? Or at least hire tailors to make them for you...

then again, I'm a cosplay lv 0

I know places where you can buy the cosplay costumes, but I can't seem to find the costumes i'm looking for... I find everything but... sad.gif

Does anyone know if there are any tricks you can teach a fish? (like a goldfish)

My friend taught her goldfish that tapping on the glass means feeding time.

Where in the world can I find a complete Yusei cosplay costume and/ or a Reshram cosplay costume. Please help... I AM GOING INSANE!!! wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

Maybe you could try making one if you can't find what you're looking for?

Anyone know where I can find cheap orange and blue leds and a 4 sound logic for a small circuit board? The logic also needs to be able to react with 2 different toggle buttons.

Edited by padfoot

What does fire look like under a microscope?

Really big.

As far as i understand it a brinicle is an icicle made of brine (salt water)

when the sea starts to freeze only the pure water freezers, super concentrating the remaining sea water. just like air warmer water rises to the top and the cold saltier water sinks (this is what helps to drive ocean currents such as El Nino) if this sinking water is cold enough to freeze you get the ice of death approach where it freezes, just as icicles and waterfalls etc freeze on land.

ETA is when you watch the video you notice the water that isn't see through that is the super concentrated stuff and just like on the desk at school, the more impurities and salt in water the lower the temperature needs to be to freeze (conversly this is why salt water boils quicker). the brine itself cannot freeze but the normal sea water around it can freeze and so the brinicle forms along the path of the current

Edited by amerylis

So I'm thinking of getting an apartment next year. Here's my problem:

All the cheap apartments that are near campus have terrible reviews, while the ones that have good reviews are expensive and WAY far from campus.

So do I go for a more expensive place and have to ride the bus every day, or do I take the cheaper place and put up with its problems?

I mean, most of the complaints are about parking (which I don't have a car, so whatever) and partying neighbors...

So I'm thinking of getting an apartment next year. Here's my problem:

All the cheap apartments that are near campus have terrible reviews, while the ones that have good reviews are expensive and WAY far from campus.

So do I go for a more expensive place and have to ride the bus every day, or do I take the cheaper place and put up with its problems?

I mean, most of the complaints are about parking (which I don't have a car, so whatever) and partying neighbors...

Depends on if you can afford the cost of the more expensive apartment *and* the higher bus rates, as well as the time factor in travelling further, the increased council tax, etc. If you can, go for it.

It doesn't sound like the complaints bother you too much, but have you checked out any of the places yet (both cheap and expensive)? Doing so can often make up your mind about a place. :3

Does anyone know if there are any tricks you can teach a fish? (like a goldfish)

You sure can! I have a betta that can swim through a keychain hoop, eat from my finger (by both being in the water and jumping a little for it - it gives 'em exercise!), target a pencil eraser, and swim into my hand (underwater, of course). Fish can also be trained to retrieve objects or complete obstacle courses.

How can they achieve all of this, though? The answer's simple - ever heard of B.F. Skinner? His principles of operant conditioning (a system of behavior being influenced by their consequences) are applied all the time to dogs, cats, horses, and all sorts of other animals. The same goes for fish. What you really want is to get the fish introduced to a conditioned reinforcer, sometimes called a "bridge" by many professional animal trainers. Clickers, whistles, and verbal reinforcers such as "Good" are used for terrestrial animals, but obviously it won't have as good results with fish. They've got excellent hearing, but seem to respond better to visual reinforcers, like a small LED flashlight. What you want to do is teach the fish that any time the flashlight goes on, he gets some food. Soon, he'll learn that doing certain things (like following your finger, for instance) will cause you to turn the flashlight on, and thus give him the food he desires.

Sorry for the wall of text! Here's a great video by one of the most important founders of animal training, Karen Pryor.

The key to positive reinforcement is keeping the sessions short but frequent, and lots of patience. smile.gif

For most places, the bus rates are included in the rent as the complex has their own shuttle. The problem is I often have to take late classes, and the buses stop around 6.

I haven't checked any of the places out. Should probably do that. But from talking to folks, at least one of the places that has a bunch of bad reviews isn't really that terrible.

Thanks for the advice guys. :3

Well, figure this is worth a try again...

Ages and ages ago, I read a book. The problem is, I can't remember what it's called or who wrote it.

Here's what I think I can remember about it (naturally, my memory could be quite faulty):

• Main character was female
  • Had either a fiance or husband, not sure which, was kinda controlling and stuff (I think she left him in the end) (maybe just a boyfriend)?)
  • Had some mystical kind of stuff (the main character's best friend was able to sense magic)
  • There was a group of people that weren't what they seem, I think they played music and pretended to be a band or something like that
  • I think it might have taken place in either Ireland or Scotland, not sure
  • The main character could see the magic that their best friend could sense, so like she could see that the people in that group weren't normal humans
  • The cover on the copy I read was black with white text, and had a (drawn) picture of a crowd, with white/silvery sort of ghostly outlines of animals around some of the people--I'm pretty sure there was like a horse's head on one guy.
  • I want to say the title either contained the word 'spirit' or started with an 's' but I can't say for certain.
  • I'm pretty sure I remember, when the main character was talking with the group of people, one of them saying "I'm a god" or something to that effect.
  • I think it was said that she wasn't entirely human, either, like she was something else in spirit or something. (I think the word 'fae' might have come into play here, or at least somewhere in the book)
  • I can't remember, but I think the bad guy was one of those that wasn't exactly human, I think he might have lost his memory in the end and was like given a second chance by some really powerful force that relates to them or something.

I figure it's a long shot, but does this sound anything like a book that somebody's read/heard of?

It was in the adult section of my library, so it's not a kids book or a young adult book...

...I have no idea, but I want to read it now... I'll see what I can do.

Edit: I found something that kinda sound like it

one of the Mercedes Thompson Series books link

I'm determined to find this book

Edited by padfoot

Okay, I shipped a bunch of my stuff to my boyfriend when I decided I was moving in with him and his family. One of the last things I shipped was my movies (and a few CDs and games). Because this one package was worth so much more than everything else I had shipped, I insured this one. Of course, out of all my packages shipped, this was the only one to be 'lost' in the mail. It took awhile to convince the local post office that my package was truly lost, but eventually they gave me a set of papers for filing lost claims. Throughout this time, I had kept track of my receipt so I could claim the insurance in case something like this happened. Unfortunately, I have misplaced that receipt, and it's the only thing keeping me from turning in the lost claims papers.

By now, I just want my movies; I don't care so much for the money. Can I turn in the papers without the receipt to see if the post office can track down any movies not stolen?

I need a little tech support. I can't open up MS Word. Clicking on the icon does nothing, even though it says the program is up and running and every time I try to open up one of my documents I get an error saying, "The application Microsoft Word can't be opened. -600." Oh, and I'm using Snow Leopard on a Mac. Any suggestions on what to do?

I am having difficulty finding a download for snaplinks that will work with firefox 8.0. I had it before and hadd to deal with a virus. I didn't realize how much I depended on it.

I need a little tech support. I can't open up MS Word. Clicking on the icon does nothing, even though it says the program is up and running and every time I try to open up one of my documents I get an error saying, "The application Microsoft Word can't be opened. -600." Oh, and I'm using Snow Leopard on a Mac. Any suggestions on what to do?

Have you tried rebooting your computer? I know force shut-downs make me cringe, but when things like that happen on mine, rebooting it usually does the trick.

Rebooting didn't work. I ended up handing it to my dad who did some techy things on it and found a bunch of broken-up files where Word and a bunch of other programs had crashed over the last two weeks. Moral of that story: Don't leave your laptop running constantly.