DragonRider13

Super Powers

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE POWER TO BE AWKWARD IN ANY SITUATION.

ಠ__ಠ

My brother has dreamt into the future. My sister has seen paranormal activity (does being able to see spirits count?)

Me? Nada.

Oh, and when I was ten or so, I was friends with this boy who swore that his little brother could turn invisible.

I have a moderately useful, somewhat lame 'super power'-I can dislocate and hyperextend my arms about four inches. I mostly use it to reach things I normally wouldn't be able to grab.

When my boyfriend and I were talking late one night, I was tired and I began guessing what was in his room and where and how he was sitting, what he was doing, etc. Well, I've never been to his house, and I mapped almost everything pefectly. We started freaking out about it. It was freakin' awesome.

ETA- ...Someone texted me just before I started writing this, as I was trying to think of things that were considered superpowers. The text was from my boyfriend. o.o

Edited by akawarriorslover

I think my favourite 'super power' is when people say 'oh, I was thinking about so-and-so and you'll never guess who phoned a moment later.'

I would be impressed on if said person phoned you every time you thought of them.

I think my favourite 'super power' is when people say 'oh, I was thinking about so-and-so and you'll never guess who phoned a moment later.'

I would be impressed on if said person phoned you every time you thought of them.

I'm thinking of you, why aren't you calling me?

Ugh.

I am disappoint.

I'm thinking of you, why aren't you calling me?

Ugh.

I am disappoint.

You didn't pay your phone bills...

Every now and again I can tell what happens in movies, and I can sometimes interpret animals' moods, nothing special.

I can also smell rain a little bit before it starts raining :/

I think we all have super powers. It's just that everybody has the exact same ones most of the time. wink.gif

I've dreamt the future on more than one occasion... creepy stuffs... (and they're always pointless things, too. Like, really, who dreams of being in a car that's going down the road, even if it is a glimpse into the future?)

I also sometimes happen to know what other people are going to say before they say it, but that could just be because the people I know are predictable...

I get Déjà Vu sometimes does that mean I can see into the future lol xd.png

that's actually kind of how I realised that I was dreaming the future... I got deja vu and thought 'why is this familiar?' and then I remembered it was a dream I had...

It hasn't happened in a while, but every time it does, it weirds me out...

I think i might have a few. From what i've read (the first page and the last) i have a few of the same abilities that other people have. One of them is sometimes i get this really weird feeling in my stomach to do something like duck, jump, twitch my right arm, etc. and whenever i follow this instinct, i avoid some catastrophe! Another thing that i can do (and, oddly, so can every other first born child that's a male on my dad's side of the family) is get headaches - sometimes migrains - right before it rains. My father and i (both first born guys) think it has to do with Barometric pressure tongue.gif . And i can also "see" the future on the same scale as everyone else. I also am very good at predicting (someone else describe almost exactly how it is on the first page...cant remember who). But yeah thats about it..

Edit: Typos

Edited by JJ4Short

I can guess what's gonna come on next on TV.

What?

Its a good power. Saves me valuable time of watching retarded commercials about !@#$ I would never even think to buy, before seeing what's on next.

I can guess the exact time. not exactly exact, but yeah like when it is 4:30 and i have no watch or so I can say most of the time taht it is 4:25 or something very near to 4:30. xd.png

soryy for my english. rolleyes.gif

Again, for all those who claim that they always move in time to avoid catastrophe etc, let me ask you this; how often do you guess the time/move randomly/know the movie end correctly compared to how often you get the time wrong/move randomly for no reason/guess the ending wrong etc?

Again, for all those who claim that they always move in time to avoid catastrophe etc, let me ask you this; how often do you guess the time/move randomly/know the movie end correctly compared to how often you get the time wrong/move randomly for no reason/guess the ending wrong etc?

I'm not sure about other people, but, in my case, more often than not.

I agree. Also:

I don't really believe that it's some supernatural power to be able to do that.

I believe that the rare times that it does happen is because (especially with the optic nerves) there is a delay between when a nerve or a sensory organ notices something, and when it communicates what it senses to the brain. However small the gap is (I believe it's like 0.3 or 0.003sec), if instincts kick in due to a certain event happening, the body is able to bypass the time gap by reacting without thinking. Therefore, one avoids the catastrophe, and then the brain is allowed to catch up.

Ehem. *nerd off*

Still, I'm not disclaiming the fact that there are some unusual talents out there that defy logic. I just think that some people search too hard.

Excellent memory, quick reaction times, good balance, high pain tolerance, added some character-specific qualities and the ability to tell the relatively accurate time of the moment without taking a look at the clock -none of those are superpowers, but simply things I am a better than the average in.

I do not believe in supernatural; I do, however, know that people have a habit of thinking themselves special or unusual.

Excellent memory, quick reaction times, good balance, high pain tolerance, added some character-specific qualities and the ability to tell the relatively accurate time of the moment without taking a look at the clock -none of those are superpowers, but simply things I am a better than the average in.

I do not believe in supernatural; I do, however, know that people have a habit of thinking themselves special or unusual.

I mean I'm sure it's what people interpret as "super powers." Everybody has their own opinion on what a super power is. In my case, I agree with you. I think it's just the things everyone is born with. It's just that their sense of perception or memory or other things are just better than everyone else's.

that's actually kind of how I realised that I was dreaming the future... I got deja vu and thought 'why is this familiar?' and then I remembered it was a dream I had...

It hasn't happened in a while, but every time it does, it weirds me out...

That happens to me. Like, everyday.

It's gone from weird to annoying. D:

I really don't think it is supernatural, I think that "powers" are more like unique talents. Like when I can interpret an animal's feelings, I've been near animaks my whole life, so I know what to look for. What I don't really know how I do is make myself unnoticeable. I'm short, but I have some traits that are pretty noticeable

Edited by satyr76

Well um...does divination count? And I don't mean astrology and palm reading that you can find in a magazine. I mean the scary accurate stuff. The kind that happens and you ask yourself "WTF?".

Well I can do that. This one time, a friend of mine asked for a full (like 28 card) spread that had to deal with her past, her present, and her future. I found out things in that spread that she'd never told anyone! And it's not just with cards. I just "know" when something bad is going to happen to someone. My mom has that too. When I was a baby she got this feeling to look out the car and too the right. Another car was coming right at us. If she hadn't gotten that feeling, she wouldn't have covered me, and I probably would have died. My grandpa was driving that day.

And I've seen someone with strength that could be considered super strength. When my fiance becomes really quiet and angry, he can do some really scary stuff. Like take a wooden sword and stab it through a thick sheet of metal.