DragonRider13

Super Powers

I have intuition for some things but I attribute that to my brain processing information before I consciously know what's going on.

I want to become a lucid dreamer. That is all.

Edited by lightbird

My bf has the ability to read people and see things in his mind that have a 50/50 chance of coming true(or "visions" as some would say). He gets a really bad headache out of nowhere and starts seeing it. He can also sometimes read people, how they are, what they've done or been through. So far, he's been right.

I myself am not cool enough to have superpowers...but I'm pretty sure my dad has some kind of powers with traffic lights. Whenever we drive up to a red light, it turns green exactly when he wants it to. He never has to slow down. Also, he can predict which light will turn green, like the going straight light or the turn light. This explains why he's never late to anything. My mom, on the other hand is like the anti-traffic light. As soon as she gets there, it turns red. And she always chooses the one that will turn green last.

Lol, I know right? Except he has complete faith in his power, so he never slows down at a traffic light. It gets pretty scary driving with him.

Doesn't everyone? tongue.gif

I can.

Mainly because I got fed up of night terrors and fought back.

Well, I'm not sure if it qualifies, but I sometimes get these dreams...they're random fragments of conversations or occurences I've never witnessed in the past, and when they're nearly over I always get the feeling that I've seen that scene before even though I haven't. I get slightly freaked out and my mind suddenly moves on to a different dream. They're relatively short and unspectacular so they usually fade from my memory as soon as I wake up.

The weird part is that, later on, I actually experience those things I dreamt of. As soon as I get that deja vu feeling, I start freaking out; I then realise that was also part of my dream, though it didn't make sense at the time, and freak out even more. It's creepy. And slightly annoying. D: I've heard of others who experience the same thing, though, so apparently it's not that unusual.

@Kestra: I'm an expert on lucid dreaming; I did a project on it in fourth grade. tongue.gif I fight nightmares and turn monsters into bees.

i've only ever witnessed super stupidity.

That is the strongest super power of them all.

Edited by Stunningfire

Hm... the only thing I can think of is that I have perfect pitch.

If I hear any note, I can tell you what it is without help.  We discovered this when I was about six or so.  I went with my dad to his office, and the door beeped when he swiped his security badge.

"That's a F-sharp, Daddy."  "How do you know?"  "I play it all the time on the piano."  It was completely natural to me and I was baffled that other people couldn't do it.  I've trained it to where I can pick out the notes of most chords, if they aren't too complex.  I can also sing a desired note if asked, and can usually tell if an instrument needs tuning.

It has its downsides, though.  Since I tend to think in terms of absolute rather than relative pitch, I have a hard time transposing music (playing in a different key).  The transpose function on electric pianos drives me CRAZY, because I'm playing one note and another is sounding.  It also drives me crazy if I hear a song in a different key than which I am familiar.

It's not really known how rare perfect pitch is, although it's supposedly more common with musical training.

You can train yourself into perfect pitch. My sister, who has good relative pitch, has gotten close, but being born with perfect pitch is very rare. I know 2 people that have it. My brother's friend, and one of the people in a comedian singing-duo that I go to see at a festival every year.

ETA: I get dejavu about having dejavu, sometimes even about having dejavu. Yeah, be jealous. tongue.gif

Edited by Parakeet13

@Kestra: I'm an expert on lucid dreaming; I did a project on it in fourth grade. tongue.gif I fight nightmares and turn monsters into bees.

So you turn your nightmare into an equally horrible nightmare?

I have parts in me that were made in the stars. Or so says Carl Sagan. tongue.gif

Do flexi-limbs count?

Dunno how super it is, but I can do stuff like:

Put one arm straight out at my side, then hold the other arm parallel over it.

Put my hands behind my back and then reach and grab the shoulderblades of the repective arms and then FLAP LIKE A CHICKEN.

Touch my big toe to my nose or ear.

I can reach every part of my back with great ease...

I've noticed I kind of have a hyper-awareness about my surroundings. Like, if something changes, I notice it almost immediately.

I can also see really, really, well in the dark. I can see colors, which apparently most people can't.

I personally don't see these as "superpowers", I just think that they're compensation for my clumsiness and lack of smell.

Seriously, super powers do not exist. If God wanted us to have them, he would have made us with them.

Why does this have to be about God?

EDIT: my super power is that I have INSANE memory

I can seriously remember conversations I had 4 years ago

Edited by Draco_Warrior 16