TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

The only thing I noticed (well, not me actually, my brother) is that I could summon eggs and he could not....he could 2 weeks ago and now his option is gone...any ideas? I don't know what to tell him sad.gif

If he's scroll locked the action won't appear at all.

If he's scroll locked the action won't appear at all.

Oh, ok, thanks a lot! He was really sad and I had no idea what to tell him sad.gif. I think that's the cause so it's all good, thank youuuuu happy.gif

cant tj make it so that all eggs have an equal chance of being dropped as cave borns? ive never seen a silver or gold and occasionally the trios and splits....i understand why trios are hard to get but splits are meant to be uncommon yet CB's are hard to get ;/...make it so certain eggs drop on certain days of the week? or certain times of the month?

I think judgment on how the cave runs now should wait until the new eggs decline in numbers. They're still high in demand, which is why the cave is empty much of the time. We won't know what the real impact is until the previously less desired eggs begin to return in higher numbers.

I do like the emptier AP though. It may make trading more difficult (although if/when Teleport is implemented that will become a moot point), but at least I don't have to worry about the cave being blocked 90% of the time now. wink.gif

My one observation(before reading this topic) was that the drops were more 'varied',and while AP stayed full quite a lot (two words, not one),it also had several of the newer eggs in the AP refreshing..more you lurked,you were almost sure to grab a nice egg from AP(some C/B from abandons)..just the usual day to day,but Ive had better luck with the different eggs,old as well as new...

Rockin' On

hmm.... nothing new that I noticed, mabey a few of the new eggs in the cave..... but thats it.

oh, and at some points, there will be almost no eggs in the AP.

But that's all I got. :/

I'm noticing the egg types that were in the main cave are disappearing after about 2-3 minutes of being in the main cave and appearing into the AP

that sounds good, then if people don't grab them, the people in the AP might and a new egg replaces the one nobody wanted.

Ive been noticing the eggs disappearing incredibly fast due to interest in the new eggs, but im not seeing very many of the older eggs (black, chickens, pinks and reds and of course cb metals are what im after). Im sure they are there, but they arent dropping like what i would like to see compared to the new ones. Come on cave, gimmie a chicken.

I was under the impression that the drops are currently skewed in favor of the last two releases, but that this is still a "special" drop and is temporary? I may be wrong though.

I haven't noticed any real changes aside from breeds from more recent releases are popping up more in the cave. Also...I've been having a LOT better luck with egg breeding. I get an egg almost everytime I breed =D

Hmmm. I was seeing a lot of improvement last night, but right now I'm seeing the old AP-block with vine and black eggs, it looks a lot like it used to.

Maybe next we'll see more caveborn old breeds or metallics again. I remember when there was at least one silver in every hourly (or so it seemed).

That was last June and it was every hour.

It was also a glitch.

That glitch resulted in a scarcity of metals--even bred ones--for the next 2-3 months.

Do. Not. Want.

However, I would be happier if all this means that we'll go back to getting multi-egg clutches to fill the 'egg gap' between supply and demand. Other than holiday dragon breeding (Christmas/Valentines Day) it's been almost a year since my last multi-egg clutch. Which I miss.

Thanks for the heads up TJ smile.gif

However, I would be happier if all this means that we'll go back to getting multi-egg clutches to fill the 'egg gap' between supply and demand. Other than holiday dragon breeding (Christmas/Valentines Day) it's been almost a year since my last multi-egg clutch. Which I miss.

Yep, same. I used to get multi-egg clutches... but now, it's been so long that I honestly cannot even remember when my last multi-egg clutch was. I'm going to try breeding this week though, and see what happens!

I can see some positives, but at the moment I'm finding it frustrating because:

1. I can't drop everything on the hour for the cave drop, - I used to enjoy being able to come on at random times and go to the cave

2. There are now so many people on, on the hour, it's hard to get anything anyway. I spend most of the 5 mins misclicking wink.gif

3. There a so few eggs in the AP at times, with lots more people lurking there, that trading is even more risky (I just lost a gold egg in a trade- my first) sad.gif

That was last June and it was every hour.

It was also a glitch.

That glitch resulted in a scarcity of metals--even bred ones--for the next 2-3 months.

Do. Not. Want.

No, that's not what I'm talking about - that had a lot more than one silver in every drop. I mean there really was one silver maybe not every drop but fairly often. I also don't want last June to happen.

3. There a so few eggs in the AP at times, with lots more people lurking there, that trading is even more risky (I just lost a gold egg in a trade- my first) sad.gif

Thats where teleport comes in.

I haven't really noticed anything new, except that more new eggs are dropping. However, this could just be because TJ is tweaking the ratio balancer again....

No, that's not what I'm talking about - that had a lot more than one silver in every drop. I mean there really was one silver maybe not every drop but fairly often. I also don't want last June to happen.

Then that was before March of last year when I signed on. I didn't see a metal in the Cave until the June glitch. At which point one dropped at about xx:20 after the hour like clockwork.

I have noticed that Trios are less rare. I am breeding them like bunnies, and I see them frequently in the drops. Kind of disappointing; they're becoming quite common. MM are dropping like super commons now. Sigh.

Edited by Artemis Moonsong