TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

So far I'm not really liking the changes. There are too many of the newer breeds now. I was happy with the ratios, and now I can't find anything I'm looking for.

The cave drops are getting snatched up so fast all the eggs from the initial drop are gone by xx:15 or so.

^ That's what the 5 minute drops are for. If you train yourself to be there at the right time (which isn't so hard, that's where I got the new eggs from) you'll eventually find what you want.

I'm honestly tired of hearing how quickly the hourly drop is gone...the last release is still pretty recent, the eggs are really wanted at the moment. It's normal.

I like the AP change, the cave change not so much. I still pick up a lot of commons, still looking for those... maybe have them rotate at random, rather than just disappear if they sit for too many seconds? Actually, that might also help with the competition issues, if several hundred people aren't clicking the same egg at the same time... *shrug* Just a thought.

No, that's not what I'm talking about - that had a lot more than one silver in every drop. I mean there really was one silver maybe not every drop but fairly often. I also don't want last June to happen.

actually, there were anywhere from 1-3 metallic's in each of the hourly cave drops during the great rare glitch. I know one night I caught 3 silvers in a row and then 1 gold all within 2 hours.. and during that time frame I had missed on catching another gold and silver. That was a VERY productive night for me. biggrin.gif

My Nocturne female is different. When did that happen? ohmy.gif

view/Kun0[/url] ~Removed~

Edit - Why do I have this sneaking dread that I'm the last to notice?

Edit2 - At first I thought that this was part of the 6/2 change - but now I think not. Sorry if this post is off topic.

On topic, I caught some eggs I wanted and had great success with my breeding. Thanks, TJ!

Edited by _Z_

I don't want to critiscise when you've been working so hard but I feel that the ap has become to barren (there are those of us who really love lineages and the ap plus it makes trades easier) To tell you the truth I never found problem to begin with unsure.gif

^ That's what the 5 minute drops are for. If you train yourself to be there at the right time (which isn't so hard, that's where I got the new eggs from) you'll eventually find what you want.

I'm honestly tired of hearing how quickly the hourly drop is gone...the last release is still pretty recent, the eggs are really wanted at the moment. It's normal.

My point was that all the eggs were going fast, in addition to the fact that none of the eggs I'm looking for are dropping. I have no problem when a new release clears out the cave, but when it is mixed drops and they go in a matter of minutes then I have a problem. I was looking for a CB pebble and it took me two hourly drops to see one. When I did see it I was already locked with an FFA result.

I have absolutely no issue catching new releases and it seems you have the mentality that I'm complaining about not being able to get new releases. I don't even bother with the new species for a while. If I am particularly impressed with them or they turn out to be rare I will stock up, otherwise I take my time. I'm back to collecting pebbles currently.

No, I wasn't talking about the new releases specifically, I merely mentioned them as an example. ^^; Most old commons are a bit scarce at the moment, though...but it's probably just because the drops are still heavy on MM/new eggs and have been that way for a while, so more people are looking for CBs of the old breeds. I still see this as normal, it'll probably even out if we give it a few days. In the meantime, I saw quite a few CBs in the AP earlier while looking for other things, so you may have luck there if the cave fails you. People will always be dropping misclicks, no matter what the cave is like. :3

It does seem that things are rotating a bit better on the AP. I'm locked, so I'm not really trying to catch anything, but it does seem like things are moving a bit faster.

ETA - I think the AP may be clearing a bit too fast. It may be some leftover grabbiness from the release, but it's nice (for me anyway) to see a bit more on the AP from time to time. It may fill up periodically, but in the time I've been watching it it seems barren. It's fine though, I guess we've got to lose a little there to gain more in the cave. I can deal with it.

Edited by ThatDeadGirl

I like the new change

im able to catch rares again!!!

and the AP is emptying out so fast, the eggs i drop are immediatly snatched up! <3 thanks TJ

He's been working with the timing. Taking older eggs (that have been there a while) off the AP so newer ones can be seen. And changing the Cave Entrance so the "unwanted" eggs don't sit there forever. It makes the Cave Entrance and AP run faster.

I'm not too crazy about the the Cave Entrance change, it isn't bad but it will take getting used to. I will have to be on my toes to get there right on the hour to see the most eggs when I am hunting.

The AP, I like the change. I'm sorry he's having to "recycle" the older eggs, but they are the ones not chosen so they are basically taking up space that others could use.

Edited by yosofine

Right, I understand the basic concept, but where is he putting the older eggs?

I like the changes, i have seen a lot of wild eggs and i think it must stay like this ^^

I may be imagining things, but is it easier to get eggs? I usually almost never catch new eggs off the cave, but lately suddenly I've been managing to get several.

I've noticed the cave doesn't block until there are almost 5 lines on the AP, which is nice. The cave also doesn't stay plugged for long with 3 eggs of a breed that nobody really wants. I sort through the AP periodically, and I'm finding more CB eggs on the AP, not sure if they were from people dropping misclicks or what. I like the fact that the cave shows so many of the newest release and the MM eggs, they were supposed to be common, after all. And I don't mind that the cave actually empties out after 10-15 minutes because it means a lot of people are finding things they want. I'm personally stocking up on Nebulas, lol.

Overall, I love it!! Thanks, TJ, the cave seems to be flowing a lot more smoothly now. biggrin.gif

One thing I've noticed that I don't like is that strange things seem to be happening to things that I found on the AP pile when I try to give them away. I just tried giving someone a 2nd gen stripe egg from stripe/gold parents that I took off the AP a day or so ago, and she didn't get it. I tried to view it not 30 seconds later, and it had been killed. I know of someone else that tried to drop a black hatchie unsuccessfully, and found it in the wilderness almost immediately. We're watching it to see if it grows up or was frozen. Still, it seems strange. Is it possible that one of the changes to the AP is that, if something has been picked up and released a certain number of times, something happens to it to remove it from the AP?

Edited by raevela

I've seen the changes, and I like most of them, too. smile.gif

I've managed to catch new CB eggs and uncommon eggs, which I've almost never been able to do.

great

how do you add pics to replys plz can someone tell me

plz help my friends hatchling ~Scroll spam Removed~

Edited by _Z_

I keep reading this thread and wander If I've gone mad and see something different than everyone else, or it's just some time worp or something, because almost everytime I look at the cave (GMT+1 time zone, afternoon and evening) I see cave blocked and 5 rows of green and black eggs in the AP that seem not moveing at all. Yesterday I've watched a pink which stayed in the AP for 30 min at least (might have been picked up and dropped again, I didn't sit there all the time).

I did seen almost cleared up AP few times, but only around midnight, which I think is the time when most of Americans hunt, so that's understandable.

*Goes to stalk the AP hoping for another unwanted pink, since the cave is blocked.*

Edit:Added 'and black' tongue.gif

Edited by Psycho_R

Yeah, at the moment, I'm seeing a wall of dark greens and blacks, reminiscent of old-style egg-flood days that I thought (and hoped) were long gone. So, uh... this needs tweaking, clearly.