TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

So, what, in particular, did TJ do to the Cave Entrance to fix the number of eggs?  I'm pretty sure it's affecting my new Hellfire egg, who somehow has no views, unique or total, or clicks, despite the fact that I've looked at it at least five times.

Sometimes that happens to me too! It's weird. I finally figured out that if the get code page doesn't load for you when you grabbed it, just go to the egg's page, then go to "show html/bbcode links" or whatever it says (site is currently down so I forget the exact text), then click on the egg image to go back to the main egg page. THEN the views and clicks should start accumulating.

Edited by alliana701

I was told once that the cave is "always" down for one reason or another at this time. I'm usually on much later or earlier, so *shrug*. It'll come up again sooner or later.

I don't know if this is related but it seems there are a lot more metallics currently being bred than I've noticed at any other time. I managed to breed one, and the Rare trading thread seems full of curled alt blacks as well. Also, yesterday I caught a CB black, so whatever was changed it seems was for the better as it seems to be evening things out a bit.

Edited by Khymarea

caves down for me too =( and glad to see rares are being bred easier.

I was told once that the cave is "always" down for one reason or another at this time. I'm usually on much later or earlier, so *shrug*. It'll come up again sooner or later.

Not for me. :S This is the same time i go on every night, and with the exception of planned maintenance (or freak downtime), it's usually working without any problem.

I thought that the "change" was the migration of loitering eggs from the AP to the Wilderness (where they now hatch and grow into adults). This is a new thing, right?

And it's down for me too sad.gif

But what changes in this update will gonna hapend?

*looks at earlier posts* <thinking>hmm...cave is down for other people too<done thinking> soooo.....I shouldn't change my internet provider?

Cave is down for me too. Hopefully TJ will fix the egg ratio to obtain older dragons easier.

Wonder what TJ is up to. No word on what he is doing, not even a new news thread.

Hmm....

Wonder what TJ is up to. No word on what he is doing, not even a new news thread.

Hmm....

At this time? I would guess he is sleeping and the downtime just means the Cave is down for technical reasons, not for any new development. sad.gif

I really hope a "maintenance" notice could be shown for regular maintenance so that I won't have to wonder if dragon cave is down again or not...

I hope the cave will be online soon. I have some eggs which have to hatch... unsure.gif

I think I liked the old cave better, the distribution of eggs seemed more "even." I have not seen some eggs at all since the cave change (e.g. Water Dragon), and some eggs seem to have become even rarer (perhaps because the new Day/Night Glory eggs are too common). I have definitely lost hope of catching a CB Stripe anytime soon (which is the last thing on my wishlist); I saw those a few times before the cave change (but unfortunately missed them each time), and now not at all anymore. I guess that makes me dependent on trades (i.e. catching other rare eggs and just *hope* someone is willing to trade their CB Stripe egg for them), which I don't like. Kind of takes the fun of the game away for me, after weeks of hunting for the CB Stripe. I wish TJ had included the CB Stripe in the mass egg drop of the new release, because CB Hellfires and CB Nebulas already were more common than a CB Stripe (and they certainly are now). sad.gif

The way I understand it is that things work by ratios, so (assuming I'm understanding things correctly) eventually there will be more CB Stripes.

I'm not bothered by downtime. I guess I'll just turn in "early". Well... early for me.

Edited by Khymarea

I understand why, but it's a shame DC is frequently down at this time..it's Sunday afternoon here, just got home from my sons footy match (aussie rules) and settle down to collect some eggs and poof.....DCs down!

Having said that, thanks for all the hard work, it's a wonderful site and we love it.

Cave's down again, yay... Why does that always happen on Sundays lately? It's the only day in the week on which I really have time for this game. sad.gif

Cave's down again, yay... Why does that always happen on Sundays lately? It's the only day in the week on which I really have time for this game. sad.gif

Same here... it's the only day I can catch night glory eggs sad.gif

i actually like the new eggs becoming easier to get. we're about 4 egg releases from the last time i've been able to get the new eggs and i just managed to snag some of them. i've been trying for months for some of them too. i love the old common dragons but i'd like the new ones. i just wish i knew when the magi dragons special trait is going to hit.

Changes? *scratches head* I should check out the cave more carefully when it comes back..