TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

I am sure that TJ will get it sorted out and corrected with time though. I have to say that I love the new releases and am a happy camper over all.

From what I have seen, though, whenever those egg walls appear, they don't really last long. Certainly not as long as they used to, so clearly something is working.

I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't whining about this, on the contrary, it's been like this since I joined and it seems normal for me tongue.gif I was just starting to feel strange, knowing so many people sees something different. I feel a little better now knowing not only I see the wall.

I have to add that this past 40 min was quite good from my perspective, cave unlocked few times.

I have seen more Ice Dragons in the cave (but have not been fast enough to catch them). The new dragons are great, and I want to collect them. I'm happy with the cave.

I haven't been able to really hunt lately but the few times I did take a look at the cave entry and the AP, it felt as if the eggs were dropping and moving faster?

Assuming that this is the result of the changes, I have to say that personally I like it a lot.

But that has probably to do with me being an extremly impatient person so I love seeing things move fast. wink.gif

Edited by Janara

I think Im for the change biggrin.gif so far the AP is clearing much much faster than it used to and it reduces the time we have to wait in between cave drops when the AP is blocked, but the variety in the AP seemed to have decreased by some, not really seeing the colourful AP that used to around, which is kinda sad. But other than that, this change seemed to be more of a positive one tongue.gif and btw...has the AP blocking limit been increased to 4 lines? Cos i've actually seen cave drops when the AP is 4 lines full...which is not what it used to be right? o.0

I've been seeing an AP that clears out much faster, and though it is sometimes sparse, it also is ever-changing. Just checked it now and there are nearly four lines of quite a variety of eggs, AND there are cave drops happening too. Looks like a win/win to me! Thanks TJ!

I'm really enjoying that all the new breeds are very available, and that the cave line moves faster. I only have one issue: the original breeds seem to be MIA. I have my quota filled for most of the older dragons, but considering a breed was just released that can be bred ONLY from oranges and waters (both old breeds), it's rather frustrating to not be able to find any of said needed breeds in the cave XC

I'm really enjoying that all the new breeds are very available, and that the cave line moves faster. I only have one issue: the original breeds seem to be MIA. I have my quota filled for most of the older dragons, but considering a breed was just released that can be bred ONLY from oranges and waters (both old breeds), it's rather frustrating to not be able to find any of said needed breeds in the cave XC

There seem to be a lot of waters, and I managed to catch a Magi from the cave yesterday without much effort so I don't think it's as bad as we thought smile.gif

There seem to be a lot of waters, and I managed to catch a Magi from the cave yesterday without much effort so I don't think it's as bad as we thought smile.gif

Come on dragonico, we already know YOU'RE the lucky one xd.png

I've been stalking the drops every chance I could and I haven't even seen a CB water or magi yet, much less nabbed one xd.png

I've been seeing an AP that clears out much faster, and though it is sometimes sparse, it also is ever-changing. Just checked it now and there are nearly four lines of quite a variety of eggs, AND there are cave drops happening too. Looks like a win/win to me! Thanks TJ!

This.

Whatever you did, TJ, thank you for making egg hunting and new releases fun again.

I've been able to get CB MM eggs when I'd given up hope of that, ever. Part of my brain actually hated/resented seeing MM dragons anywhere because they were so frustrating to obtain. My only hope was through FFA threads (which announcements I usually miss since I'm gone most of the day without internet access) or a friend being able to breed one for me, which happened once. No user should resent a breed -- one that's supposed to be common -- just because they can't ever get it. Now I can appreciate the MM eggs so much better because they're no longer tied to such frustrations, and because I actually caught them myself. So much better.

(For anyone curious, I consider my connection quite fast -- Comcast high speed blah blah whatever it's called now, though I am over wireless and not plugged in, and I've always felt wireless was a bit laggier. Still -- no release of commons was ever as bad or frustrating as MM. I can stream large/long videos quickly and just fine with no problems, but couldn't catch pixeled eggs. *facepalm*)

I've been able to get CB's of the newer releases too. It's perfect -- it's still challenging in that I don't always get the egg I click on the first or even tenth time around, but eventually I can get it because there's enough of them dropping. I don't have oodles and oodles of time for DC, so thank you, because I can enjoy egg hunting again.

Actually I don't know if any of these ratio changes have anything to do with what this thread was about, or if TJ will even see this, but I wanted to say it somewhere anyway. smile.gif

Edit: I've noticed less lag except for today at the 2 pm drop, it was kinda bad again, though it only said there was ~200 users online. But I was still able to get the eggs I was after. smile.gif

Edited by alliana701

I just got a magi out of the cave yesterday, and I'm starting to see more of the older breeds. I think it's just a matter of time for the number of new dragons to catch up to the old ones, and then we'll see the drop ratios balancing out.

Well, it seems that the cave is open most of the time, which is nice, and I have a bit to see the huge Ap walls of eggs. Which is nice! biggrin.gif

As said earlier though, some of the older eggs have gone missing, through all the new eggs and MM's i have not seen any grey dragons (fog, or storm as i prefer to call them), and i need some of those for my lineage project. Im really happy to see all the new eggs and mm eggs floating through and the lines disappearing really fast, i guess its impossible to make everyone happy happy.gif

Thanks for the update TJ!

I like how the newer eggs are in the main cave now, cause I don't usually get to grab one before the release is over (I now have all of the new eggs and I'm only missing a hellfire from the Mod Mayhem release! laugh.gif )

EDIT: Yays! I just got a hellfire!

Edited by shinx365

I know I am thrilled to have the newer eggs dropping more common

that made my day i was able to get all the brillant radience I needed LOL

I can't thank you enough for that TJ.

I do have a question about trading, I just tried to give 2 vamps to a friend

and they failed to capture both(which is odd), has AP trading been taken away?

It hasn't. It's probably just because the AP is emptier than it used to be, and so it's easier for people to snipe trades. When/If teleport is implemented, that won't be a problem anymore.

Whatever was done. I'm liking it. I've been able to catch new eggs out of the cave for a change. Admittedly, I still have to wait until off hours, since there's still a crowd all grabbing at once. But I've actually caught nice things (still missing a male BBW though, and I hope the SAs gender right). And pickings off of the AP are still good.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Like some of the people on here I'm unable to find any CB waters or find anyone that isn't breeding them for the new ones for PB waters. Unsure what what can be done in order to see if they are available (?) but it is frustrating trying to get the last dragon of the new set if no waters are available.

If someone could breed me a PB pair of waters that would be awesome. I'll see about getting the first egg from the that is the new dragon to you asap as well. Send me a pm about it please if you can. (or if you also have a cb that you are looking to get rid of.) Thanks smile.gif

So, what, in particular, did TJ do to the Cave Entrance to fix the number of eggs? I'm pretty sure it's affecting my new Hellfire egg, who somehow has no views, unique or total, or clicks, despite the fact that I've looked at it at least five times.

Hellfires were the only new egg I still needed, so I was hunting for one. I clicked an egg, but someone else got it. I clicked a second, and was told I had too many. After realizing v08r had no clicks, I used the 'Back' button to check and v08r is technically the second egg I clicked, (the one I had too many for).

I was going to post the link, but then realized that might count as eggspam. If you want to see it, I've given you it's code.

Moar dragon dropping great!

but, it looks down for me?

cave down for everyone?