TJ09

06/02/10 - State of the Cave

So few eggs in the AP... usually that only happens when a release is going on. Must be the change.

^ Uuh...what cave blocking? o_o

Newer users frequently mistake the cave being out of eggs for cave blocking.

Maybe that's not the right term for it (I'm bad with lingo) but what I mean is that there's no eggs in the cave when there's only two or three eggs in the AP, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just a bit frustrating when you're pressed for time and trying to egg hunt wink.gif

Newer users frequently mistake the cave being out of eggs for cave blocking.

Oh right, that one always gets me. x3

Yeah, fewer eggs in the AP is good. *nod* Hopefully I'll have more luck breeding Shallow Waters now!

Maybe that's not the right term for it (I'm bad with lingo) but what I mean is that there's no eggs in the cave when there's only two or three eggs in the AP, which is not necessarily a bad thing, just a bit frustrating when you're pressed for time and trying to egg hunt wink.gif

Back in the day, it was always like this. There is actually a set number of eggs that drop each hour, and when they are all gone, they're gone until the next hour. Three eggs drop ever five minutes as well.

I have noticed some hatchies of mine *got them as eggs from the AP* are actually ER but being regarded as CB's of mine if I want to place them in ER's... meaning they get 1 Day extra added. no idea, if that is the ER's problem or DC^^

Thank you so much for all the work you do, especially trying to tweak such a messy problem!

This. TJ, thanks for this game and for working with us.

wow, a nearly empty AP, flashbacks to ye old days when the AP could be entirely empty for long periods of time...

This is interesting, I'll try to spot any changes when I next go hunting.

I admit I'm curious how the AP reduction works. If a CB dragon "disappears" no one ever had them, but AP dragons have been handled and if lineaged (like most) they're somebody's babies. blink.gif

Thanks, TJ. I'll try to spot any changes tomorrow when I go hunting.

Ooof...this could be frustrating for me. But...I suppose I can wait it out. So it's gonna be just like before? Every :05, :30, and :00 there will be eggs?

There are a bunch of eggs and hatchies in the Wilderness (or at least, more than I norally see). Is that where they're sent after they've been in the AP for too long?

I'm ready and waiting, what will change... rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I notice that AP is quite empty (sometimes only 2 - 10 eggs), f. e. around 16:00 EST (and also at other time). That isn't so good for trading, because all can see that egg/hatchling in AP - and take it before you. sad.gif