TJ09

05/26/10 - Insert Witty Title Here (New Eggs)

This.

I'd actually like it if the drop continued until, say, Saturday, then I could grab another batch of eggs tongue.gif

Same here. And especially since the MM eggs are mixed in. As much as people didn't like the drop with the Nocturns/Thunder/tropicalLeaf eggs lasting so long I did.

I got all those eggs and it help clear out the AP a bit, I had some time to work on some lineage breeding after I got all the new eggs. Really in all a longer "new egg" drop is more relaxing and fun, not so stressful.

I'd like to see this one last a little longer especially if the Green patches make differnt dragons.

I have 2 dusk/dawn and 2 green hues (2 different egg patterns). I'm quite content with my scroll lock now.

I think this drop is great, and I do hope it continues for a few days to give those with slower computers a chance to get in on the fun as well.

blink.gif It's only the second day of the drop and people are already whining about it being too long?  Some people need better things to do with their time then complain needlessly.

Agreed.

If there's one thing I've learned about games and development is people are determined to be unhappy with things.

The way people get twisted on this site is even sillier because this is truly a FREE site. There's no benefit to TJ to keeping certain things more rare then others, or "fostering the black market" (as one previous post said- really, seriously? rolleyes.gif) There's no benefit to ticking anyone off, and there's also no benefit to keeping anyone happy.

If you don't like how the game is run, buy it from TJ and run it yourself the way you want. ninja.gif Otherwise muzzle it and be glad you have a nice little free amusement that truly is FREE.

Edited by frozenwombat

They are not night and day, but they are dusk and dawn.

To me dawn is starting in the early morning, when it is still dark, and lasts into the later morning, when it's already light.

To me dusk is starting in the afternoon, when the sun is going down and lasts into the evening, when it's already dark.

So I think 12 to 12 might rather fit this description.

But why not just accept that they are surprises, that some things are still open and it's fun to find out more? Who needs the info beforehand, it's much more joyful to try and find out by catching/breeding/keeping a log.

They were named Day/Night Glory Drakes. The dusk/dawn thing is just the egg description.

They were named Day/Night Glory Drakes. The dusk/dawn thing is just the egg description.

Well, as far as I know they have no official name yet.

Maybe they will be exactly as the finished project, but you never know.

If they are Day/Night, then of course the timing might be different.

We'll see.

True but if they end up being dusk and dawn then their time frame would be even more limited considering those times of the day are very brief. Midnight and noon are extremely removed from the rising or setting of the sun so it just seem a strange time for them to change variety, but that's just me. I'd like to know so that I could drop one of my eggs now instead of getting attached to it and then find out it's not the variety I was looking for. As long as the drops continue for a little while it won't be a big deal but you never know when they will return to normal.

But..yes...we'll see.

Edited by Sir Barton

Magi's already look aquatic to me, so i guess it makes sense for them to create a hybrid dragon with a Water

How long will this dropping of the news eggs go on?? because I am really locked xd.png

It's now 18:07pm at my place

Edited by LightSpeedle

blink.gif It's only the second day of the drop and people are already whining about it being too long? Some people need better things to do with their time then complain needlessly.

Wait, people are complaining about it being too long after just one day? Huh? I wish it would go on like that for a week at least so that I'd still have a chance to get more of the new eggs, which will be quite difficult once the initial mass drop is over.

I mean, I'm quite happy right now, I was away for a few days and was scroll-free so I could collect four eggs. Got three of the lush green ones and one Glory. smile.gif Tried to breed the orange egg but no luck so far. Will try again much later after I had a chance to get another Glory and maybe one of the green ones with different patterns. With three green eggs I have two different patterns right now and I'd like to know if that has any meaning later or none at all. Because it will be, as I said, more difficult to catch all the different patterns after the mass drop.

I'm glad it's lasting as long as it is. *sigh of relief* if it hadn't, I wouldn't have had a chance of getting the new eggs. Got two of the three (I can't breed my water right now sleep.gif* ) But I was able to grab the last mod-mayhem egg I'd missed before! *dances* So happy!

How often do these releases happen? It there a rhyme or reason to this or is it decided on a whim?

As usual, I only manage to finally catch some of the new eggs AFTER other people are already complaining about the drop being "too long"

PLEASE TJ... let the higher-number of new egg drops continue at least another day!  Not everyone has the best computers.

People are complaining it's going on for too long? *Shakes head in despair*

I got my limit yesterday, but I was jolly glad to see it was still going on today, unlike MM that only dropped for 24 hours.

I know there was the issue of the Mid-Winter madness and how long that went on for. But prior to that for a long as I've been playing the game (which is just under a year) the drops were exclusively three/four days for new eggs. I think that is a good length of time as it allows people with all kinds of connection speeds, not to mention who might be away or scroll-locked for a day or two, a chance to get the new eggs more easily.

Personally whether I had new eggs or not, I'd be more than happy for any drop to go on for a week or even a bit longer. Twenty-four hours, for non-special-day eggs, is too short. Just my thoughts.

Dang. I still don't have any hellfire ones from the last release.

For the people who are already complaining the drop is too long...why? You're probably locked so you can't pick anything up anyways. What's there to complain about? Let people with slower connections get their eggs.

And hey, the MM eggs are also dropping so I was finally able to get my last nebula...but in my haste to free up a spot for it, I forgot to influence the BBW...

Here's the info for people just joining in anyways:

The scaled eggs do not drop at the main cave and have to be bred. Known combinations are waterxmagi

The "lush green" eggs have 3 different shell patterns and this is likely because the person who made them couldn't decide what to use and TJ decided to use all three. There appears to be nothing else different about them.

I also don't know anything about the glory drakes other than they cannot be bitten.

People have guessed that what you get depends on when the egg was laid.

This long drop is perfect. Enough long to actually being able to get new egg, but not too long (hopefully) to make us hate the eggs xd.png

I am absolutely thrilled that the drops are still going on! I FINALLY just managed to grab my very first Nebula! I've got three "Lush green" eggs and bred an orange scaled/speckled and am really hoping for a good chance to catch the Dawn/Dusk eggs once I'm unlocked.

LOVE this egg drop, and the new eggs and sprites! Thanks!

First I get by accident a Nebula. Now a Deepsea egg. I mean what the hell.

i guess all the complaints are in the older posts? maybe their negative remarks should just be ignored instead of stirring around the hate.. this thread was started to inform of new breeds of dragons and give everyone a chance to thank the spriters..

Very happy that the drops are still going on smile.gif Hopefully, they will last for a while more so that people can go for seconds haha. *wants both genders*

I only got my first MM nebulas the day before the release, and now there are all this new eggs to catch! Though got one of each already, even ruined a lineage for the orange scaly one xd.png

I am happily locked with a hellfire, goldfish, dawn/dusk, and 2 "lush greens" biggrin.gif

Thanks TJ and Spriters!

Last I saw, while the eggs were predominately new ones, there were also others mixed into the Drops - I'd say this is the best of both worlds.

Don't know about everyone else, but I'd like LOTS of ALL the eggs from the last two releases, (sooooo gorgeous! congrats to the spriters and conceptualists!) and it's so much nicer having eggs virtually everyone wants actually available, rather than endlessly refreshing over the same sorts of eggs most people already have enough of, while being unable to catch something you really do want...

Thanks so much for fixing this, TJ, this is just wonderful!

Oh they look gorgeous! smile.gif Can't wait to not be locked so I can get some! smile.gif