TJ09

05/26/10 - Insert Witty Title Here (New Eggs)

I'm haven't picked up a drake yet in the new drop, but on the plus side I *have* got all the eggs released for Mod Mayhem from the AP. They seem to be dropped more now... No legendary trio or rares for me though... *sigh* But loving the new dragons. I wants all the dragons in the world!!

Oh I find the useless splash funny btw, but then I remember Pokemon.

Edited by amuletts

Though the egg basket never disappeared sad.gif

Um, why would you want the egg basket to disappear? I worked for my eggs thanks.

Updated the Wiki xd.png "Shallow Waters have a breed specific action called Splash that does absolutely nothing."

I love the fact that eggs both Mod Mayhem and this current release are dropping in such great numbers. I'm able to build up my collections now biggrin.gif

i bet this had already been brought up :D..

are the multiple egg patterns on the green eggs for eggs only or do those patterns have something to do with the dragon? i missed when the dragons in the first post were still eggs

Edited by ParticleSoup

I'm hatchie locked!!! T___T Noooo.... *pokes babies* Grow!!

This was taken straight from DC Wikia about the Terrea Dragons

Fact: All three patterns of this egg have the same description and hatch into the same hatchlings

I love the fact that eggs both Mod Mayhem and this current release are dropping in such great numbers. I'm able to build up my collections now biggrin.gif

Same! It's really helping my sunsong collection! biggrin.gif

This was taken straight from DC Wikia about the Terrea Dragons

Fact: All three patterns of this egg have the same description and hatch into the same hatchlings

Yes, but do they all have the same adult sprites?

The Splash BSA looks like a weapon to be used in a battle. I could be wrong but I thought the idea of battling dragons was tossed into the bin?

The Splash BSA looks like a weapon to be used in a battle. I could be wrong but I thought the idea of battling dragons was tossed into the bin?

its a play on magikarp from pokemon.

its signature attack move 'splash' does absolutely nothing.. and TJ <3's pokemon so he implemented it as the goldfish's BSA as a fun joke

Yes, but do they all have the same adult sprites?

According to the wiki, they do (males and females are different though).

I thought Nintendo was quite protective of their copyrights....? This splash business seems a bit, risky? Just curious if anyone has thought about this?

Nintendo actually strikes me as fairly lenient about copyright. There are other sites that use Pokemon more explicitly (GPX+, for another adoptable sigpet example, not to mention the THOUSANDS of webcomics and such using Nintendo characters) and I've yet to hear of a lawsuit.

Additionally, as it's just a parody reference, TJ could easily claim fair use even if Nintendo did happen to care.

Now Disney, that's a different story. Disney will sue the carp out of you if you so much as look at Mickey the wrong way (they made a daycare remove Mickey from their walls).

its a play on magikarp from pokemon.

its signature attack move 'splash' does absolutely nothing.. and TJ <3's pokemon so he implemented it as the goldfish's BSA as a fun joke

So in essence the BSA is a joke that does absolutely nothing. Interesting play. At least it created a temporary 100+ pages of absolute madness. laugh.gif

Earthgirl said they're the size of kittens.

thats pretty small.. i guess since exact sizes arent in their descriptions TJ let them pass.. he wouldnt let anything into the cave thats smaller than a full grown housecat by my understanding

Wow. So for serious, he implimented a BSA that does absolutely nothing? I must use it D:

Nintendo actually strikes me as fairly lenient about copyright. There are other sites that use Pokemon more explicitly (GPX+, for another adoptable sigpet example, not to mention the THOUSANDS of webcomics and such using Nintendo characters) and I've yet to hear of a lawsuit.

Additionally, as it's just a parody reference, TJ could easily claim fair use even if Nintendo did happen to care.

Yeah, Nintendo doesn't care unless you're making money directly off of selling stuff that's theirs without permission.

The dragons have matured, I will close this now.