heartofkavelle

The Sims

Thanks Pink, vampires ftw xd.png

Yeah, Generations is pure win. I love the fact that they included bunks and lofts and sleeping bags. The bunks are so cool and I love how Sims can sleep anywhere with the sleeping bags except rabbit holes.

I think Ambitions was actually pretty cool. Except for one thing. One of my Sims became a firefighter and then there was a fire next door to his house. His wife, who is pregnant with a girl, runs outside and starts screaming, and I'm canceling the action and telling her to get away, and she keeps dropping the action so she can scream. *facepalm* The only fault I found in Ambitions is that the Inventing Table can explode. My Sim caught on fire. *headdesk*

I'm not getting WA until EA permanently fixes the missing Sims bug.

~Cavey

Omg, I wish I hadn't bought the first three expansion packs at Christmas. All stuff packs, all expansion packs, and the base game are on sale on Steam for $80 total.

Omg, I wish I hadn't bought the first three expansion packs at Christmas. All stuff packs, all expansion packs, and the base game are on sale on Steam for $80 total.

Wow!

Now I kinda wish I hadn't gotten all mine too... but then I'd have lost all that playing time between then and now...

If I were to buy a German version of Late Night and installed it to my English game, would all the Late Night stuff be in German or would it not work? Just wondering.

~Cavey

If I were to buy a German version of Late Night and installed it to my English game, would all the Late Night stuff be in German or would it not work? Just wondering.

~Cavey

Likely it would be in German.

Of course, there isn't a lot of text in it as is, and I imagine you could change the language.

The expansion packs sound really cool but I have to wait until my mom gets a new computer so we can wipe this one and I can use it for gaming.

The Sims!! Goodness, I've been addicted since the original The Sims by Maxis! Where children never grew up, every day was the same, and you had your Sims kiss multiple times until a cradle just...magically appeared! tongue.gif

It's been over a decade, and yet my love of The Sims is just as much (probably more) then when I was a kid...haha!

I'm trying to save up money before I buy any more games, though I'm dying to get Generations!! Still, responsibility has to come somewhere. tongue.gif I still haven't made as much progress as I'd like in The Sims Medieval (hooray gift certificates and birthdays!), so that should keep me busy for a while. wink.gif

This thread inspired me to make my avatar from a cropped screenshot...heh heh. wub.gif

When I installed The Sims 3 by itself with a Late Night, Ambitions and World Adventures patch because I have autopatching, I saw absolutely no option to change the language. But I may just be oblivious to the button...although I never saw that option in The Sims 2 either. Must be fixed with patches. /shrug

I'm so afraid of Grim. Luckily my sister knew how I felt. She said that once a Sim was dying and then she was like OMG WHO IS THIS GUY IN A CREEPY CLOAK OMG AHH. Although I am still extremely paranoid of fires. It's why I make most Sims with the Natural Cook trait because they can't burn food other than leaving it unattended. In 2, I never ever let Sims cook until Cooking hit 10 skill bars, and completely ignored Lobster Thermidor and other things that come with point 10. I think I only had ONE Sim cook in 2 because she was the only one with 10. And that was pork chops. Simple. Before I had to wipe my game, long before I got Pets, my legacy (I almost said lagecy lol) mother tried to cook pancakes. Four points. Stove caught on fire. ._. Never again. I was lucky I remembered a sprinkler from Uni. I wish there was something like that in 3! I'd cook a lot more if there was.

~Cavey

When I installed The Sims 3 by itself with a Late Night, Ambitions and World Adventures patch because I have autopatching, I saw absolutely no option to change the language. But I may just be oblivious to the button...although I never saw that option in The Sims 2 either. Must be fixed with patches. /shrug

I'm so afraid of Grim. Luckily my sister knew how I felt. She said that once a Sim was dying and then she was like OMG WHO IS THIS GUY IN A CREEPY CLOAK OMG AHH. Although I am still extremely paranoid of fires. It's why I make most Sims with the Natural Cook trait because they can't burn food other than leaving it unattended. In 2, I never ever let Sims cook until Cooking hit 10 skill bars, and completely ignored Lobster Thermidor and other things that come with point 10. I think I only had ONE Sim cook in 2 because she was the only one with 10. And that was pork chops. Simple. Before I had to wipe my game, long before I got Pets, my legacy (I almost said lagecy lol) mother tried to cook pancakes. Four points. Stove caught on fire. ._. Never again. I was lucky I remembered a sprinkler from Uni. I wish there was something like that in 3! I'd cook a lot more if there was.

~Cavey

Just make your sims have the "Brave" trait and they'll put out the fire themselves.

When I was going to buy my first Sims game, I picked one out that sounded really cool and I was all happy, and then I went up to the cashier to pay and they were like "You know that's only the expansion pack... Right?"

Me: "... -.-" *Goes and puts back game and walks out of store because I didn't have enough money for the actual game*

Anyways... I love the Sims games.~ :3

I've loved the Sims since I saw the episode of Malcolm in the middle where they had a parody of the game called "The Virts". I really wanted to find a game like that, and my aunt came to visit one day and handed over the original Sims game. Years later I'm playing the Sims 3! These games are so fun!

I have all the expansions for the Sims 3 so far. I don't have any stuff packs since I didn't see anything that I absolutely wanted to have. I might not get the Pets Expansion. It all depends on how the pet system will work. I never used pets after I got the game for the Sims 2. I'll just have to see. I might end up getting it anyway because I love cats so much.

Does anyone know if that corrupted devil doll is still around? I've read about the girl doll attaching to things. And what made her corrupt?

I hope Pets brings the ability for dogs to slip on toys like the dog did in the trailer. That would be awesome.

~Cavey

Edited by Cavedragon49990

linked for largness

You have any idea how hard it is to get a sim to look like a vampire with out Latenight?

Though I'm very proud of myself with how this one turned out. Anyone else got a simmie they want to share?

EA has announced the Pets release date!

OMG I CAN'T WAIT!

(Please tell me if that links you to a virus and I'll take it down. ModTheSims is having that kind of trouble, and it might be linked to other sites relating to Sims.)

~Cavey

I'd like to buy it, but I'm not unless the bugs from earlier packs are fixed. I'm not supporting their laziness.

Speaking of which, I should probably test out how Sims 3 runs on my new computer.

Since World Adventures is the most buggy and I won't be getting it anyway, I don't know about most of the glitches. I don't have LN either but I probably will get it. I just hope a NVIDIA GeForce 320M can support Pets, otherwise I'm screwed because I pre-ordered it.

And I won't be installing Pets until they release the patch and it autoupdates for me. I want to fix the Pets glitches first. Otherwise my game will not work properly.

~Cavey

I have TS3 for iPhone. What am I missing out on?

@Cavey It should work. I have an older version of that and it works perfectly fine with my games (Which require a lot)

Edited by wonton55912

From what I know of the system specs, the min is the GeForce 6800, but I don't know what the recommended specs are.

Two EPs in one year is...a lot. Pets was my least favorite addition to Sims 2, so I'd have to be seriously convinced before spending money on it for Sims 3.

So what's everyone's favorite expansion and/or stuff pack for Sims 3 so far? I am sad to say I only have the core game at the moment. :c

I've been wanting to get some expansion packs or something but I lack teh monies |D

Two EPs in one year is...a lot. Pets was my least favorite addition to Sims 2, so I'd have to be seriously convinced before spending money on it for Sims 3.

And don't forget the 2-3 stuff packs they released this year as well.

I don't typically buy the stuff packs, but a lot of people do.

So what's everyone's favorite expansion and/or stuff pack for Sims 3 so far? I am sad to say I only have the core game at the moment. :c

I've been wanting to get some expansion packs or something but I lack teh monies |D

So far? I think I've enjoyed Late Night the most.

World Adventures was pretty fun, but I've never really been too big on vacations. Usually I'll just try to get in there and find the treasure ASAP and ignore everything else.

I really should get into storytelling with my sims. I started a Legacy recently (I'm raising the 3rd gen at the moment) but I really should do something rather than speed through everything.

*tilts head sideways and puts hand over face* Okay, I was just about to pull out my old Storytelling folders out of The Sims 2 (which I have put in my trash bin on my toolbar, btw). However, I discovered that while they looked perfect in-game, looking at them on my computer without having the game makes them blurry. There are funny little lines around Sims, looking like they're vibrating or shaking, the terrain paints are distorted, bedding (pillows and quilts) is not showing up correctly because of the blur, ALL of the hair (while I had no cc hair) doesn't quite show well, floors are blurred, chairs have graphical messes, the learning skill bar looks terrible, and did I mention that I didn't have boolProp postprocessingcheats (or whatever it is) on? In fact, the only photos that look okay are the Maxis taken ones, and even some of THOSE look bad.

Have a sample.

user posted image

You see? It looks terrible, and when it was in the game it looked PERFECT. Anyone know how to fix this without Photoshop? (I have too many photos for that!) And it's only the 2 one that does this. My Sims 3 Storytelling/Photos folder looks good, no blur, no graphic messes, everything looks like it should.

For those of you saying about how many EPs and SPs have come out: Town Life Stuff is coming out too. *gigglegiggle* I love Generations, and if the Pets trailer was just staged or whatever it is I will not be happy and if EA makes a bunch of crap SPs and I get them, they are going to hear about it. They have disappointed me enough.

~Cavey

I'm not really sure what the problem is with that. My boyfriend's father had a problem with his photo-viewing that turned out to be a RAM issue, could be worth looking into.