heartofkavelle

The Sims

Yes it does.

Your computer will have a tough time with Sims 3. I won't say it won't run, because I can't know that. Without a videocard I can't say about that, but your processor is a single core and you have 2GB RAM, so even a good card would only do so much to overcome that.

If it ran, it would crash sometimes after playing for several hours because it would run out of RAM.

You also haven't mentioned OS, which makes a difference.

Edited by Princess Artemis

AAAAAARGH.

STUPID CUSTOM CONTENT.

Okay, so you know that when cc is properly installed, it shows as a gray box? Mine are just showing up as blank white pages, not showing in my launcher (AT ALL) and UnRarXing it ten million times has made NOTHING work. dry.gif This means I can't download anything and my sister has to give it to me. Oh come ON...no fun hacks for me. Anyone know how to make them gray boxes?

~Cavey

Oh my god last time I played sims was like a year ago.

I was supagood at this game, I got glitched one time so I ended up with 12 babies from one pregnancy. ((how does a game mess up that bad))

All of them were in private school with straight a's how did I do that.

I love the sims but I am so terrible at making them lead decent lives and stay alive. Most of mine end up dying in fires and having no friends.

Also I always make them fat and ugly so I don't feel as bad when they die LOL.

Don't type boolprop useshaders true in the cheat console of TS2 on a crappy graphics card. I tried and the ground went red. Oops. xd.png I've got the photo but I'll post it later. (btw the red ground was kinda like the flashing blue glitch except with red...)

~Cavey

Cavey, just saw your post about custom content. Is that for Sims 3? Take care with custom content that is in sims3pack form. I've heard a lot of stories about bad content getting in and doing weird things like sticking thigh-high boots on toddlers.

As I pretty much never use sims3pack custom content and avoid the launcher like the plague, I can't help you with your problem. I've never had it. I much, much prefer to use packages where all I have to do is drop them in my Mods/Packages folder.

Oh my god last time I played sims was like a year ago.

I was supagood at this game, I got glitched one time so I ended up with 12 babies from one pregnancy. ((how does a game mess up that bad))

All of them were in private school with straight a's how did I do that.

Oh my gooooosh that sounds awesome.

Cavey, just saw your post about custom content. Is that for Sims 3? Take care with custom content that is in sims3pack form. I've heard a lot of stories about bad content getting in and doing weird things like sticking thigh-high boots on toddlers.

As I pretty much never use sims3pack custom content and avoid the launcher like the plague, I can't help you with your problem. I've never had it. I much, much prefer to use packages where all I have to do is drop them in my Mods/Packages folder.

It's for Sims 3, but it's not in sims3pack, it's in package and it doesn't show up. The downloaded dress isn't in CAS and the beds aren't in Buy Mode. I used UnRarX--turned them into white pages--and dumped them in the folder but it doesn't show up in-game. My Sims 2 content is working perfectly (yay for awesome terrains and an awesome dress by my favorite creator, fakepeeps7). It's just weird...

~Cavey

Do you mean you are extracting the .package files from a .rar archive with UnRarX? If you are installing packages, they won't show up in the Launcher. Have you installed packages before and got them to work?

I'm not sure if Macs have cache files for Sims 3 that might cause problems. If you see a CASPartCache.package, you can try deleting that to see if it helps.

Not again.

My sims froze just from installing the stupid inteenimator for pets and everything went wrong and the plumbbob is flashing for teens, adults, and elders and I know this because I tested Don Lothario and his plumbbob flashed and his walk action disappeared and he is stuck and now I can't do anything because when my children grow up I can't move them anymore and everything will vanish from the queue so I can't use the agesimscheat. Why can't my computer handle more than ten pieces of cc? dry.gif

And yeah, it's definitely the cc causing the issue because when I removed it, everything was running fine.

~Cavey

Was it the right version? Inteen is pretty good at killing the game dead though, and even if it is the right version, it could have been installed wrong. I had it for a while but it kept doing fabulously stupid things so I punted it with extreme prejudice.

...I'm pretty sure Inteen doesn't cause freezing of teen and older Sims. On this computer, having too much cc does. dry.gif I installed the Pets Flavorpak, the computer unzipped it thanks to Archive Utility, and sent it to my Hacks and Bugfixes folder. I know it's cc causing these issues, and I had it for a while when I installed a few more things. I yanked them out and with no cc everything is perfect. I just need to eliminate the problem folders. I'm guessing at the Testers Wanted bike I got because...I don't want to finish.

I guess it's either just the cc clothes that fakepeeps made (and the clothes I made with BodyShop) or Inteen. I'd happily boot the clothes because I want more realism, but...yeah.

And what do you mean by fabulously stupid things? When my sister used Inteen on an old Windows it was wonderful...

~Cavey

I'm pretty sure that Inteen can cause things like freezing of teens and older Sims. It has a reputation as a "kitten killer" because, apparently, some versions of it (I would guess Pets version) makes cat Sims vanish. For me, it prevented Sims from having babies occasionally (they were pregnant and stayed that way) and it prevented one of my adult Sims from getting an adult job because it claimed her grades weren't good enough (it had labeled her a teen...). I had other issues with it, but I don't recall off hand what, it's been a couple years.

Plain old vanilla custom content clothes will not cause problems like frozen Sims. Extremely involved mods like Inteen very well can. If you're having bizarre problems with your game, don't look at your clothes and hair first, look at your hacks and mods, then look at your hacked objects (testers wanted bikes would fit with hacked objects).

You are going about narrowing it down the right way though. Good luck finding the problem.

But...wait. When I took the custom stuff back in I avoided the stuff I got that froze up my game. So it's Inteen. Either that or one of my bugfixes conflicts with it. But it's most likely Inteen. So...what would happen if I downloaded a Nightlife Inteen? Would it totally wreck my game because I have Uni, Nightlife and Pets? I can't uninstall Pets now because several of my families have pets and it would crash my game to try. If I try enabling shaders the ground flashes red, which is probably another pointer that my computer can't handle Inteen. Having Inteen caused Don's plumbbob to flash every few seconds, and anything I commanded dropped from his queue. Their needs don't seem to drop while frozen. Time still ticks and children and toddlers can move (but the toddler would get taken due to not feeding it).

What about new meshed objects? Fakepeeps tends to make a lot of new meshes for her clothes and I think it might also contribute. Oh, and I don't use custom hair because those things tend to be really high in poly counts. Since I can't have Milkshape (stupid Windows programs) I just edit Maxis clothes, so I know that's least likely.

~Cavey

But...wait. When I took the custom stuff back in I avoided the stuff I got that froze up my game. So it's Inteen. Either that or one of my bugfixes conflicts with it. But it's most likely Inteen. So...what would happen if I downloaded a Nightlife Inteen? Would it totally wreck my game because I have Uni, Nightlife and Pets? I can't uninstall Pets now because several of my families have pets and it would crash my game to try. If I try enabling shaders the ground flashes red, which is probably another pointer that my computer can't handle Inteen. Having Inteen caused Don's plumbbob to flash every few seconds, and anything I commanded dropped from his queue. Their needs don't seem to drop while frozen. Time still ticks and children and toddlers can move (but the toddler would get taken due to not feeding it).

What about new meshed objects? Fakepeeps tends to make a lot of new meshes for her clothes and I think it might also contribute. Oh, and I don't use custom hair because those things tend to be really high in poly counts. Since I can't have Milkshape (stupid Windows programs) I just edit Maxis clothes, so I know that's least likely.

~Cavey

If Pets is your latest Sims 2 expansion, any mods or hacks you use with it need to be compatible with Pets. Using outdated mods will make things worse. It also depends a bit on if you have them separately or in Double Deluxe or something like that; from what I understand, most mods that work fine with the EPs as stand-alones don't work well with the combined packs.

Objects with new meshes generally do not cause issues with Sims--they can cause blue flashing if they are made wrong, but mostly that's a graphical issue. The problem with the shaders is probably caused by an inadequate videocard, but I'm not sure about that. Red flashing is a graphical issue.

A mod that specifically affects teens, adults, and elders only, and you are having adverse effects with teen, adults, and elders--it sounds like it's very likely Inteen. So, what you can do us not use Inteen.

Edited by Princess Artemis

So how come I can have a hack that lets you decide on Welcome Wagons that I never need to update? huh.gif

Sigh...wish I could've had Inteen. A graphics card is definitely something I need, but since my father insists that he can't buy Macs with card slots...yeah. dry.gif And even if it had a slot I would have to have it specifically made, I couldn't just walk into a store and grab a card because Mac cards are not shaped the same as Windows cards.

Actually, I haven't tested the teens, but since I can't run Inteen anyway--yeah I know it can't go on like this. wink.gif I wish it worked because I was planning to have Angela Pleasant (yes I know the Maxis hoods are bugged) have a kid with Dustin. And I know the more I go in-game with incompatible hacks the sooner my computer will go.

I read this article long before I installed The Sims 2 on this machine, so I recognized that I couldn't have shaders on or else my computer would get beat up and die, even with all the graphics settings low or off. I never saw it flash, actually, but when the ground went red I freaked and was panicking when it took so long to change the cheat back off. lol xd.png

Since it's definitely hacked things that cause my problems (come on I wanted that bike and skateboard dry.gif) I'll just first delete Inteen and the hacked things, then I'll put it back in one by one. If I have a problem with the bassinet (I think that one is also a culprit due to the mattress looking a little high) I'll delete that. If I have problems with the school changer (unlikely but still possible since it's hacked) I'll get rid of it. If I have to remove it all, so what, it's just pixels.

~Cavey

Seems I remember there being some Welcome Wagon mods, but I never used them. I don't recall if there was one that let you decide on them, but there probably is. Sims 2 has been pretty heavily modded.

You just have to be careful about what hacks and mods you add to the game. Most of them are small and won't cause problems. None of them will damage your computer though. The worst that can happen is one of your neighborhoods might get damaged if you save it with something really messed up in it, but in that case, you can always start over.

I've played for years in the same EAxian hood, though I never played with any of the EAxian Sims. They can potentially last for a long time.

Learning how to do binary searches on Sims 2 custom content is good practice for tracking down incompatible mods or things that cause problems. Basically it's just trying the game with half of the downloads folder removed, then if everything works fine, you know the problem is in the other half...half that half, try it, until you narrow down the problem. What you plan to do, putting things in one by one to see what works, is another excellent way to test compatibility.

that's a great game .. so many memories with my friend laugh.gif playing the sims 2 using all of the cheats like typing motherload or alien babies or turning into vamps the sims 3 sounds fun but I haven't played it yet

*claps hand over mouth and swears* NOT AGAIN.

Ugh.

user posted image

Honestly, now I know my computer is not good with running Sims 2. It was just some lousy terrain paint, game. dry.gif Can you not even handle 5 terrain sets when you did before?

I deleted the folder for the terrains. I don't think I'll be playing Sims 2 ever again or at least until I get a Mac with a freaking graphics card.

~Cavey

EDIT: And yeah, she's supposed to be holding the kid, the camera was just badly angled. Her plumbbob was flashing repeatedly. Instead of holding the kid, she was standing still with the kid pretty much clinging to her.

Edited by Cavedragon49990

There are demos of Create A Pet out, Shalarean! Origin supplies the Windows one and Gametreemac supplies Mac. You have to register to get either one, though. >:/ No CAP for me, it seems. I'd really appreciate it if someone sent me the Mac file.

~Cavey

well, I offically used to play. Recently my antivirus went insane and decided Sims was a virus and corrupted most of my expansions so I can't use them, uninstall them, or reinstall them =/

There are demos of Create A Pet out, Shalarean! Origin supplies the Windows one and Gametreemac supplies Mac. You have to register to get either one, though. >:/ No CAP for me, it seems. I'd really appreciate it if someone sent me the Mac file.

~Cavey

Oh I know! I downloaded it last night, though I didn't find the time to play. But it's on my to do list for today! biggrin.gif