heartofkavelle

The Sims

I don't know, because I don't have a Facebook and thus can't view anything there. I'm guessing YES, but on the wikia it says to be announced. huh.gif I really don't know.

Guys, Cavey needs some help. I'm planning on installing The Sims 2 again, just to get back into my Simming groove (because what kind of Simmer only plays one Sim game?) but I have two problems.

The first one is Mac related. I can put the disk in my computer, but it says, drag to your hard disk to install. The problem is, my father confirmed that the hard disk is a little gray thing in the corner of the screen, and I don't HAVE that, so unless I can get it somehow, no Sims 2 for Cave! sad.gif How do I install it like this? There's no way to transfer the disc data that I know of.

The second one is EA related. EA has done it again *facepalm* Even if I DID get the game on my Mac, the site has COMPLETELY gone down for maintenance, and there would be NO way to get the patch. How am I supposed to work this out?! Darn EA.

~Cavey

I finally caved and bought that S2 Double Deluxe someone told me about earlier |D

They sometimes grump, "UGH! Why do I have to do it?!"

"Because I said so, I'm god here, so go do it!" *animated laughing smiley that doesn't exist here*

So true. xd.png

Once, before my old computer busted and died, I had a Sim living in Downtown (I will not be using those again, those things are darn big polysuckers) and then she went to a Downtown lot with Mrs. Crumplebottom on it (*facepalm*) the Sim went into a hot tub and the old object lectured her.

Y'know, Mrs. Old Lady That Can Corrupt Games If You Mess With Her, would you rather she did something else naughty? rolleyes.gif

I had her leave the lot soon after. Never went back to Downtown.

~Cavey

Eh? Weird. So I just installed Sims 2 last night and was playing today. I don't really know what mode I was in, but I had created a family of two women and moved them into a house. Anyways, so I played for a while. At some point they both went to bed because they were really tired. As they slept, I noticed that one of them (soon to be both) had bars that were dropping and they were getting really unhappy. I figured since their energy and comfort were in the green at this point, I would wake them up and satisfy their other stuff to make them happier.

But they wouldn't wake up D: I selected them, but when I clicked on their bodies I was presented with the same options that would appear as if they were awake, except they weren't getting out of bed. I canceled the sleeping action, but nothing happened. I tried giving them other stuff to do, but neither of them would get out of bed, and even once their energy/comfort was full they wouldn't move. One of them even had an empty (or bursting? red zone) bladder, but she didn't get out to go to the bathroom. I was like, wtf? Anyways, I didn't save it, but I was wondering if there was something i could have done to correct it.

Oh, and a question- when they adopt children, do the children come as babies, or is it a random chance? I wanted them to adopt, but I wanted a little baby first, not a school kid. (They were in the process of adoption, so I don't know what kind of child they would have gotten)

Oh. If you have the computer version and hacks installed it means something is conflicting. Things like the InTeenimator and InSiminator (think that's how you spell it) will often conflict if you have multiples of core mods, and those two are examples. But didn't you say you had Double Deluxe? If not, you most likely didn't patch it (unneeded for DD, but I can't give you any patches cuz the site is down).

When you adopt, at 10 AM the next morning, a pop-up box will appear and say: "That special day has arrived." Then it gives you three options. You can get a baby, toddler or child. But I must warn you: Adopted kids are usually UGLY. There was only one case where I saw a toddler come with custom hair and a decent Maxis outfit, and it was on my sister's computer (my old one couldn't support the base game, let alone that awesome somewhere-around-3000-poly-hair). You need hacks to choose the gender and skintone.

And Haze, next time that happens, try this.

Hit Control-Shift-C (add the Windows key if you're on a, um, I think Vista) and enter in the box that appears at the top of the screen "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks and shift-click the Sims. Hit the Force Error button that appears on the Sims, and click Reset on both error boxes. Then quickly open up the cheat window and type in "boolProp testingcheatsenabled false" without the marks--this is crucial, and DON'T mess with it! You can permanently damage your game without turning it off, and don't click anything else.

~Cavey

I haven't installed any cheats at all though ; A; I just started playing the game by itself. >>;

And chances are I probably won't try that, just because I have a tendency to screw stuff up, and I don't want to bust my game two days after getting it. ><; But thank you anyways. <3

Ugly babies are okay xd.png

It won't bust your game. You should turn it off, but it honestly isn't as big a deal as Cavey made it out to seem. I've left it on for hours with no problem. That is probably the best way to fix your problem. Even if it did somehow (unlikely) mess something up on the game, it's nothing that wouldn't be fixed by an unistall and reinstall.

Hehe, I used boolprop all the time in Sims 2. Nothing ever happened to my game. :3

I used to use cheats in Sims 3, but methinks I like actually trying to earn my money instead. ._. I'm more paranoid about my data getting damaged or anything like that with this game than I was with Sims 2. |D No testingcheats stuff for me.

Wait, you used a game cheating device to get money in the Sims?! But there's a simple code put in the game by Maxis themselves that allows you to get extra money.

Me? No, all I did was enter "motherlode" a few times. ._.'

I know (or at least pretty sure) that code won't do any harm. I was referring to stuff like "testingcheatsenabled true" or whatever it is that I'm paranoid about damaging my data.

Wait, you used a game cheating device to get money in the Sims?! But there's a simple code put in the game by Maxis themselves that allows you to get extra money.

No one is talking about cheating devices.

Testingcheatsenabled really isn't as dangerous as people make it out to be. It does what you tell it to.

Um, I don't want to start a huge argument here, but $ins (you mind if I call you that?), your statement on boolProp is incorrect. I only use testingcheats in The Sims 3 if I'm in a stressful situation (everyone's hunger is red, for example) to drag everyone's needs up, but keeping boolProp on in 2 for way too long can completely corrupt the game. (aka you have to trash your game files)

Haze, then it sounds like your game simply had a bug.

~Cavey

D: New game with a bug? Damnit.

Anyways, I'm all POed because whenever I play Sims, I can only play for about an hour at a time (give or take a few minutes) before my laptop burns out. x_x And then I tried to play it on my old desk computer, but that computer is too old and doesn't support the software. Ugh. The laptop I use isn't that old, but it's got a few years under its belt.

Raeg.

FFFFFFF-

Sims 3 has been making the desktop crash lately. Runs fine on my laptop, though...and the desktop has a better processor and graphics card. ._.

So far on my new computer I haven't had any big troubles with Sims, but I usual encounter glitches frequently.

On a side note, I wish Sims were a prettier game.

Sims 3 wasn't as I suspected... but it has many choices and stuff to it, i'd prefer Sims 2 though ^.^ Just my opinion.

Don't install the new patch on Sims 3 if you don't want to have to reboot your game. I tried and the first time this happened:

user posted image

I was like, OMG? What? and clicked the checkmark to be booted from the game. I'm pretty sure I'll have to do that tomorrow too. *facepalm* It worked the second time, though. But DON'T INSTALL IT unless you want that.

Generations was in there and it was a legal and verified version, too. And EA sucks with customer support so I didn't contact them, but if they screw up the Pets patch they'll have a very unpleasant report from me.

~Cavey

Um, I don't want to start a huge argument here, but $ins (you mind if I call you that?), your statement on boolProp is incorrect. I only use testingcheats in The Sims 3 if I'm in a stressful situation (everyone's hunger is red, for example) to drag everyone's needs up, but keeping boolProp on in 2 for way too long can completely corrupt the game. (aka you have to trash your game files)

Haze, then it sounds like your game simply had a bug.

~Cavey

Is that so?

I had mine on for the entire I was playing the game for about a solid year, and I always keep testingcheatsenabled on in my current, and I never had a problem with either. Not a single one.

Maybe you have a highly temperamental game?

*shrug*

Thanks for the tip about the update though. I haven't played in about a week, but I'll be sure not to install that nastiness. D:

Edited by Pink

I installed the patch (before I read what Cavey wrote -.- ) and my game is working fine...nothing like that happening.

I don't have generations, though, so maybe it's got something to do with that? :/

I installed the patch but then I couldn't expand the Sim Panels. EA can't make a working Sims game to save their life.

Okay, new issue.

I downloaded a Sims 2 patch to find out it was a .exe file (remember--I'm on a Mac, Macs can't read those!) and can't find a patch for Mac. I need one soon, I really want to play. Help? Oh yeah, and I'm messing with Body Shop and realized that I need to check the poly count, how do I do that?

~Cavey

You wouldn't be able to check polygon count in Body Shop, it's not a 3D modeling program. You would have to use a program like Milkshape to do that, but it's not anything remotely like easy.

What in the flying blue birds is Milkshape? huh.gif Is that a Windows program? Because if it is I think I'm out of luck.

Oh, Google got me a patch for Mac, but there are like three. The only other Sim related things were no-CD cracks. (Those things are lies, apparently.) I don't know which to download...December 07 patch, Combo or regular? *facepalm*

~Cavey

Two of my sim's needs bars are stuck. ._.

Both energy and hygiene are slightly depleted, but not moving at all. It happened after I changed active households. Tried changing again, using the testingcheats to drag it (wouldn't move), making needs static then dynamic...nothing's working. :/

Poor thing is doomed to a life without ever sleeping again...or bathing...

I mean, I'm kinda ok with this...but I would like to fix it if possible. Any thoughts?