heartofkavelle

The Sims

The sims is a nice game, i have one were you can build houses, extinguish fires and stuff like that, it is a epic game overall.

I've only played on Sims2 (and even further back, I used to play SimCity, SimPark, SimSafari etc). I've heard good things about the newer Sims. Maybe I'll upgrade at some point but right now I'm satisfied with messing around Sims2.

I love the character customization in the sims 4. You can mess up sims faces so badly I used to just sit there and make the weirdest possible looking sims

After watching Dan and Phil's (of DanAndPhilGames on YouTube) entire Sims 4 series I decided I wanted to kill some time with my own sims, so I bought the game (perfect timing to decide that, because I got some sort of holiday-deal 50% off discount) and I'm addicted. I have 2 different games going. In the first game I created a Sim based on a character I dreamed up (literally dreamed, the night before) and made her a Serial Romantic with the intentions of having her become romantically involved with as many people as possible. It was very amusing but she now has four children and things have gotten out of hand. In the second game I created my two OC's as roommates and I've become so emotionally attached to them that I applied several cheats/mods to make sure they never age or die. They will be young together forever :3 So yeah, hopefully the combination of disabling auto-aging, the cheat allowing you to toggle death "off", and Eternal Youth and Immortality mods will be enough.

I want to try The Sims 4 so badly, but sadly enough I can't seem to get it to work. It keeps saying "Failed to Initialize at startup."

Uber fail dry.gif

The Sims 4 is a pretty good game, but... Am I the only one who prefers Sims 3?? It's just, I don't really like the way the Sims 4 plays. It doesn't feel like a simulation game anymore :/

The Sims 4 is a pretty good game, but... Am I the only one who prefers Sims 3?? It's just, I don't really like the way the Sims 4 plays. It doesn't feel like a simulation game anymore :/

I play the sims3 so you are not alone in that i even have my own stable and kennel web site called Golden Valley Arabian Stables. biggrin.gif

I need to get back to playing Sims! I have only played 3 so far but tbh I can't see myself switching to 4 anytime soon. Not unless they add Adventure and Seasons, anyway.

When I last played I was doing a 10-gen game with my prgenator being a faerie and only accepting humans as my heirs. I did this because I get so attached to my progenators, I have a really hard time letting them go! I don't remember what generation I was on--four, maybe?--but it's just starting to get complicated, haha. I should probably see what the non-heir members of the family are doing, when I get back into it...also I need to find a no-jealousy mod I heard about. Given how flirty my Sims tend to be (especially my progenator faerie) that will be a lifesaver.

I actually have a journal sort of devoted to my ridiculous Simming, tho so far I've only talked about the 10-gen games I've tried to play, hah. If anyone was interested I could share it. I'm not very witty but I have lots of pictures, lol.

Meanwhile, I am still playing Sims 2. laugh.gif I have not tried Sims 3 or Sims 4 yet, although I have tried Sims Medieval, which is Sims 3 engine, or so I hear. Perhaps the main reason I cannot move on to Sims 3 or Sims 4 is because I have already invested years in making characters, their memories, their stories, their family trees, houses, neighborhoods, and so on in Sims 2. Woe to me if I have to redo everything. Incidentally though, my previous hard disk broke down, and with it, my saved Sims 2 game. I still have the hard disk in hopes of retrieving everything from it one day.

im playing sims 4 and... boy. it is even more joyless and grindy than i expected

why?

----

I think for me, Sims is a fun thing to play in spurts.

Like I can go on a Sims marathon and then not want to touch the game again for a whole year. My relationship with the Sims is more along the lines of a love hate relationship.

long rant incoming..

I currently play the sims 4 too - since I lost my copy of the sims 3, and the sims 2 will not install on my current computer.

I have to say, though - I preffered the sims 2 and the sims 3. 3 mostly, though.

Here's a list of things previous sims games had, that sims 4 needs (and should of had)

-Toddlers (and more "baby things" in general - literally all you can do with "babies" in the sims 4 is buy a basic bassinet, which isn't really all that nice in design..which leads me on to..)

-FULL CUSTOMIZATION: back in the Sims 3, you could put any colour/design on any object, or even clothing - in the sims 4, you're stuck with pre-made colour designs - most of which don't really go together all that well AT ALL.

-Open World: The sims 4 Has SOME open world elements - for example, you can take a walk around the neighbouhorhood block - but that doesn't mean you can go to the park, or gym, ect, and not have to sit through a lengthy loading screen. which sucks. I miss being able to just wander around everywhere without a damn load screen.

-"Job" places - granted this was made a little better in Get To Work - but other than that, the sims 4 job paths are so..linear and kind of boring.

Let's take the ..musician line of work, for example. - back in the sims 3, you had the options to go out and sign autographs, put on concerts, ect - in the sims 4, all you do is go to work like its a freaking desk job? how boring. Hell - you don't even have the option to play for tips anymore like in 3. Sure - you have tasks to meet but even the tasks are pretty linear - basically the same as a child/teen doing homework.

-More lots:

There's not a lot of lots to really play on in the sims 4. Back in the sims 2, you could place a lot anywhere - provided there was room for it on the road. Even the sims 3 had plenty of lots compared to the sims 4. AND NPC Stories progressed.

-PROPER PROGRESSION:

Back in the sims 3, you used to get notifications (in newspapers, ect - which is something else small but cool that I miss) about neighbours leaving the town, new ones moving in, and NPC townies having children, ect.

This is an option in the sims 4, to have this sort of thing happen in non-played houses, but NOT ONCE have I ever witnessed it happening. For instance - I have the option to move households into empty houses, ect, on. But it's never happened. all empty houses have remained empty in my games.

I'm not sure if this is just my game - but it sure as hell is kind of irritating. - it just kind of makes the town feel really "dead" - nothing is really happening. >.<

Plus the sims 4 also tends to glitch a lot - sims ending up stuck, ect. >.<

I feel like EA reaallyyy need to step up their game. pun not intended.

I played the Sims 4 the other day after not playing it more than a handful of times since it launched. I just couldn't get into it. I made two people (not even all that customised, took a total of maybe 15 minutes) then built a really basic, simplistic house... then I went to start playing and I already wasn't feeling it anymore. :( I've never managed to get into the Sims 4. The lack of toddlers was a huge barrier for me until they were added, but even still, I just can't get into it in the way I used to with the Sims 3 and previous versions. It's such a shame. 

I hope if there's a Sims 5 it fixes the glaring issues and presents a more enjoyable game. 

Yeah, I've not been hearing much good about The Sims 4 either. Probably going to skip 4 completely and hope 5 is more like 3.

I've actually been playing a bit of The Sims 2 lately, but 3 is by far my favourite. Just playing 2 right now for some nostalgia. I'm playing it "randomised" as in, I roll a (virtual) dice to determine number of sims in the household, if they're human/animal (though the first is always human), gender, relationship with others in the house, birthsign, everything. Then I mash the randomise button (number of times also determined by dice roll) for their appearance. So far I've only ended up with 1 really weird-looking Sim. And now he has an alien baby. I plan on killing him soon. His lifetime wish was to...do the thing with 20 different Sims. So...it made me feel bad.  D:

The Sims 3 is my favourite, too. :) I found it more interesting and challenging than the Sims 2. I went back and played 2 a few years ago and just found that everything was a little too quick and easy and it didn't feel like there was any real challenge. It's still a fun game, though, and had some great expansions. The Sims 3 is the one that runs the poorest on my computer, though. The Sims 4 is much quicker and more stable, but it's just nowhere near as much fun. 

That sounds like a fun way to play, though, @Jet Raptor. :D I've never tried the randomised idea, but it sounds pretty cool. Do you have a picture of your weird looking guy? :lol: 

Sims 3 is my favorite to play too, although Sims 2 will always hold a very special place in my heart! I was very very very addicted to the game in my preteen/teen years, I had every expansion pack, I played a ton, and when I didn't play, I hanged around on a Finnish Sims forum, and even attended a few meet-ups. I also followed (and still follow) a lot of legacy challenge -blogs!

Sadly nowadays I can't really play because I still haven't purchased an external CD-player for my laptop! I have Sims 3 and Pets on disc, so I don't really feel like purchasing them on Steam again. Also my laptop doesn't run it too well, bu when I down the graphics it works fine.

@hedy did you ever do the legacy challenge yourself? :D I tried a few times, but my attention span wasn't quite good enough and I never managed to get far before starting a new game and beginning over! Which... defeats the purpose. :lol: My best friend managed to get so far with the one family, though, and I was in total awe. 

14 minutes ago, StormWizard212 said:

@hedy did you ever do the legacy challenge yourself? :D I tried a few times, but my attention span wasn't quite good enough and I never managed to get far before starting a new game and beginning over! Which... defeats the purpose. :lol: My best friend managed to get so far with the one family, though, and I was in total awe. 

Not very far, a few generations at max :D Same here, the start was always the most interesting part and I usually lost interest after the first baby or so. Nevertheless, it was fun! 

14 minutes ago, hedy said:

Not very far, a few generations at max :D Same here, the start was always the most interesting part and I usually lost interest after the first baby or so. Nevertheless, it was fun! 

That was the same with me. I always enjoy the beginning of the game more than the rest of it. I like creating sims and their houses, but I've struggled to get into actually playing further than that lately. The one thing that I did really like about the Sims 4 that kept me engaged when I was playing it was the renovation capabilities. I really like the workshop where people can upload individual rooms and the ease with which you can place them on your properties and resize/move whole existing rooms. I think the building has some great features - it's just a shame the gameplay doesn't back it up! 

The only Sims game I've really seen much about is The Sims 4, which my friend got last year and has screenshared with me. I think its a cool and really funny game but I don't want to spend 40 dollars on it so I'll just have to wait for another 10 dollar sale, apparently those happen sometimes. :unsure:

I have a love/hate relationship with the Sims 4. I love the graphics, customization, etc., but I hate the constant loading when you travel to different lots. The Sims 3 may be lower quality, but it has more expansions and you're able to explore more.

Currently I've been playing around with Sims 3: Pets (I love it because you can control the pets). I have the Warriors challenge going strong with quite a few cats (and my sim locked up in a 10x10 house). I just wish the dogs could hunt :/

It's scientifically proven that the best time to play the Sims is between 11 PM and 3 AM.