heartofkavelle

The Sims

@_#

I screwed up my Sims 3 game, so unless I get it working again I need to get it for Wii. RAAR...

The Sims can only interact meanly or not at all. And my mods are totally updated. GRR.

~Cavey

Oh man, I love the sims games.

I can't play TS3 on my laptop anymore because I tried to install all of the expansion packs and that was just too much for my poor comp. xd.png I can still play a complete TS2, but I was messing with my program files the other day (following a tutorial for clean templates) but I messed up somewhere and now I get an error message when I try to start the game. :-/ I'm going to have to reinstall, but I can't find some of my EPs.

I really love both of those games. I haven't played TS1 in YEARS, but I remember enjoying it.

Does anybody else like to play legacy challenges? I thought that they were a lot of fun, personally. I really like the build-a-city challenge, too. I think that the amount of awesomeness that the community added to the game was incredible, I'm so glad that I got involved in the community and discovered custom content all those years ago. <3

Anybody here active in the Sims community on Livejournal, actually? I'm odddude1 over there, too, and I wonder if I know anybody over here from over there. wink.gif

Sims can be pretty addictive, though I get bored with it after several hours

Well, it appears that somehow I totally corrupted my Sims 3 AND Sims 2. @_# Sims 2 doesn't let Sims move around, and Sims 3 is messed up so bad that even a professional modder can't help me. *bangs head on desk*

~Cavey

I used to have the Sims 2 games until, being the nice person I am, I let my sisters friend borrow them. They had a fall out and I haven't seen them since. I loved these games. sad.gif

I loved making the relationships and them tearing them apart. Or making tons of children and moving them outta the house. OR having an old parent have a kid and then they die and my kid is left as a toddler by themselves.

University got on my nerves with the random students running on my dorm lot and picking on my people. So I had to kill them. It wasn't so easy either.

Ugh...I think I totally corrupted Sims 3.

I inserted the CLEAN Generations disc, and opened the launcher. I hit the Play button...and:

"DISK AUTHORIZATION FAILURE Please insert The Sims 3 Generations disc in and try again."

I'm going to have to turn to EA about this. No one can really figure this out, and I'm annoyed and confused and frustrated.

~Cavey

There is a Facebook game that is developed by EA. Its very popular if you haven't heard of it yet, I would be suprised. Some of you lot might already be playing it. If you are going to or have been playing the Sims Social then I recommend you reading news on this site on how to obtain free stuff and coins etc. Its a fansite. The Sims Social Fansite

I love Sim Social. tongue.gif I'm hopelessly addicted since I borked my Sims 2 game.

(I'll have to reinstall it sometime. I just don't think I have the time to do a mass reinstall for everything until the semester ends in December. It's probably for the best, too, because if I were to play sims right now, I would end up wasting a LOT of time I could spend studying...).

I don't have a Facebook, so no Sims Social for me. Oh well, I play too much Sims 3 anyway. xd.png Since I got 50 dollars from my grandparents, I'll be getting Late Night ASAP. WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

~Cavey

I don't have a Facebook, so no Sims Social for me. Oh well, I play too much Sims 3 anyway. xd.png Since I got 50 dollars from my grandparents, I'll be getting Late Night ASAP. WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

~Cavey

You should save it for 7 more days! Sims 3 Pets comes out and I'm so excited! EXCITED! Count it, 7 MORE Days! xd.png

When I start getting errors, I shut down my computer with the game still in the drive, and when I boot up again, I start the game without issues. I don't know if this will help you, but this works for me with the sims 2, 3, and spore. So go figure.

Edited by Shalarean

Well, I have Late Night now. My parents said that Pets will be a late birthday present for me so I won't have to pay for it, Shalarean. biggrin.gif

Eh, I already did an uninstall from the Uninstaller when it died since my Sims weren't interacting properly and even twallan couldn't help me. But yesterday some Sims were moving in Bridgeport and it took so long I eventually had to shut off the stupid thing. Bridgeport can be SO laggy. dry.gif

~Cavey

yeah but I got a Mac so my sims 3 game died... so bummed. I also had like at least 6 sims 2 things, like apartment life and seasons and pets and deluxe and university etc. oh and my fav sim got stuch in a wall and died... I'm so unlucky

Edited by amyrokz

I preordered Sims Pets, so I'm pretty psyched for that too.

I so cannot wait.

BE SUNDAY ALREADY!

...I want ponies... D:

The dogs and cats are eh for me (although I imagine I'll get some of them just for the heck of it at some point) but PONIES. Wants.

Also, I heard there are snakes. I want a reptile house. ohmy.gif

Bridgeport is an annoying city. I prefer to customize some of the smaller cities and have my sims live in those instead.

That's much easier.

._.

Edited by Pink

It's already time for Sims 3 Pets? Wow, the time passed so fast! ohmy.gif

I currently haven't the time to play with it, so I guess I'll take it and I'll try it when I can. I'm really curious to see how to care after horses and I can't wait to get some cats (dogs in Sims 2 were too buggers, they keeped to piss around in the house even I put their hydrant in my garden dry.gif) and I can wait to get two more Sims slots in the family! Now I can add at least a cat and a horse to my big family without being forced to choose biggrin.gif

I'm planning to give my celebrity Sims in Bridgeport a kitten and puppy for their apartment, and then I'll remake my Sim family because everyone looks really outdated and I need to make my kitties. I'll have to house-train Alyx since she seems to say "hey I think I'll use this towel as a litter box" in RL. dry.gif It'll be so much easier in Sims. I wonder how everything will be placed in Appaloosa Plains. smile.gif

~Cavey

Haha all you people with your newer versions of the Sims... Till this very day (literally), I'm still playing my original Sims PC game. Still love it tongue.gif

Bridgeport is an annoying city. I prefer to customize some of the smaller cities and have my sims live in those instead.

That's much easier.

._.

The first game I played with Bridgeport blew up in a Big Fiery Ball Visible From Space within a few days of starting it. A Sim came back from vacation to find a clone living in his apartment.

I kinda gave up on it after that :/ It makes me sad because it's hard finding worlds with all the bars in them.

I have pre-ordered Pets, but won't install it when it arrives. Must wait until the mods are compatible. I learned long, long ago not to play Sims games without mods.

I got today Sims 3 Pets and I've been preparing my Mods folder and everything to run it, let's hope it works, this is by far the most annoying game in the world when it comes to crashes :\ I'm fearing it won't get updated, as I don't have an Origin account. Awwell, let's hope it works. I want them ponies!

Sims Bustin Out is my current fav, I playing Sims 3 now and I already kno it's better than two xd.png. Bustin Out also had the best music, although there were only 3-4 songs in each playlist ROFLMFAO xd.png!!!

currently downloading Sims 3 pets. Is it any good?

I really want sims pets! Hopefully will get it for christmas. Hoping it won't destroy my base game though. blink.gif

*slams head on desk* I got World Adventures today and got Twallan's Traveler only to find out that Sims 3 won't actually boot up. Shoot.

~Cavey

currently downloading Sims 3 pets. Is it any good?

It's OK. I like horses, though there isn't that much to do with them.

I'm waiting for an expansion as necessary to the game as Seasons was to Sims 2. Pets isn't it, but it's all right.