heartofkavelle

The Sims

It's okay about the color thing. I'll just use something else for this.

And I feel so n0obish, but what's a HDD? I'm a geek, but not too tech savvy.

And the fact that it's a Mac is the reason I'm angry about the game, because I can't purchase a graphics card and replace it the way you can with Windows. (But Windows are crappy computers, my sister had one once, and it kept crashing...)

If I were to enter the game, would it break? I'm just thinking that I'm getting a new computer soon, and I want to get the family out of the lot so I can back up my data without corrupting the things.

HDD mean hard disk drive. They've got a set disk transfer rates, and read rates, both of which effect how quickly they'll let programmes run. There's also only a certain amount of data they can handle at once - try to make them do more than that and everything ends up slowing down. Trying to run the game won't break any of your hardware, although it may cause certain bits of software to have a hissy.

Windows is an operating system, by the way, not the actual machine itself. There are a lot of extremely good mechines running windows out there that don't crash at the drop of a hat, and are also much cheaper and easier to upgrade. [/mac-hate]

Is the shirt a custom content download, or did it come packaged with the game? Sometimes with custom content, there are little meshing errors that people make. It's surprisingly quite complicated to mesh things.

If you took a screenshot, this may be a little easier for me lol.

Screenshot of what? If you're talking about the cut neck, I haven't been on the game for a while in case removing the custom clothes and hacks corrupted the game, and didn't think to take a picture when I saw it.

The shirt is that full-body Maxis blue horse shirt-and-skirt set that is packaged with the game. I know it's kinda lame, but I was avoiding my custom things in case something glitched. Of course, a few days ago I found bits and pieces for the plane and had a custom terrain set so good that my game wouldn't show it up, so that might've been the problem. They're both gone now, but I'm not sure what crashes a game like that. I might have a picture of the outfit, let me look.

I want Open For Business soooo bad, but with my crappy graphics card, I'm not sure it'd be able to handle the game with a chop-necked girl. And I wish I had Boot Camp for my Mac so I could run my sister's old Windows games, but I don't and Boot Camp stresses the computer anyway.

~Cavey

EDIT: Got a screenshot of the outfit (minus bits of the boots, cause I'm the sim wearing it, and I'm in a pose where I can't actually get the boots without capturing my face...Note that I am NOT the child with a slit neck, that girl is in another family. And off topic, I AM a tween, I was younger when I made my family.) user posted image

Edited by Cavedragon49990

TS3 is awesome although a lot more difficult to get downloaded content on there. I enjoyed the simple copy and paste technique you could use for TS2. I'm extremely excited to see what the next expansion for TS3 is. I heard rumors that it was going to sort of be like TS2: Seasons, but I'm not sure if that's true. It would be interesting if they did add in the changing seasons though.

TS3 is awesome although a lot more difficult to get downloaded content on there. I enjoyed the simple copy and paste technique you could use for TS2. I'm extremely excited to see what the next expansion for TS3 is. I heard rumors that it was going to sort of be like TS2: Seasons, but I'm not sure if that's true. It would be interesting if they did add in the changing seasons though.

It's going to be called Generations and is family centric.

Ehhh. Quick question for anyone who can answer it. Would going into the Falls family-you know, the family with the girl who is "broken"-while not knowing if she's still corrupting and using the boolprop constrainfloorelevation cheat to make waterfalls kill the game?

And another-can anyone direct me to a low-poly Water Terrain Paint? I've been meaning to find another one but I haven't had time.

~Cavey

Freeze it up. AKA the game crashes and I have to start everything over again without any backed up files.

And never mind about those custom files everyone, I found some and will download them in the morning. I would right now but I'm too tired.

~Cavey

I just got all the original sims expansions and games. But..they're not what I thought they would be..>.> The graphics are horrible, the game crashes too much, installing it took half an hour and a ton of computer space. And my sims walk weirdly.

...I guess I'm just spoiled by sims 2!

TS3 is an AMAZING game! I am an official TS3 fan.

I have all the expansion packs, waiting for generations.

I want them to make TS3 pets with more varieties of animal.

Like dog, cat, guinea pig, hamster, horse, etc.

Then some traits with it like allergic and animal lover.

AND... TS3 MUST keep the vegetarian trait.that is one.

Then carnivore , like opposite of vegetarian.

agreed? Or not?

I just got all the original sims expansions and games. But..they're not what I thought they would be..>.> The graphics are horrible, the game crashes too much, installing it took half an hour and a ton of computer space. And my sims walk weirdly.

...I guess I'm just spoiled by sims 2!

It's a game that's over ten years old. What exactly did you expect?

It's a game that's over ten years old. What exactly did you expect?

I don't know, really. It was pretty popular at the time, (even with an MMO) so I expected a really fun game. I have many games that are the same age, and they seemed a lot better.

I was really obsessed with sims 2, so i got sims 3.. I was kinda disappointed with it, especially after this really bad glitch got on it and all of the limbs looked weird. I dont know if they fixed this problem or if other people had it, but it was kinda creepy so i just went back to sims 2 lol

I don't know, really. It was pretty popular at the time, (even with an MMO) so I expected a really fun game. I have many games that are the same age, and they seemed a lot better.

The "MMO" was more or less the equivalent of those 3D chatrooms you see these days.

I was really obsessed with sims 2, so i got sims 3.. I was kinda disappointed with it, especially after this really bad glitch got on it and all of the limbs looked weird. I dont know if they fixed this problem or if other people had it, but it was kinda creepy so i just went back to sims 2 lol

You mean the glitches where a sim stretches up into the air with spaghetti limbs? I think some sort of patch fixes that. (I still do not have the Sims 3 but I've looked on MTS3.)

And be careful when you temporarily stop! The game apparently is programmed to run on its own unless you disable it. That means sims could kill themselves, babies, start fires...etc. Before my S2 game went all graphic-glitchy I kept CLOSE watch over every sim with free will off. Especially legacy Wisdim. (Elder founder Mary has maxed her cooking skill, but that doesn't mean that some idiot might start tampering with the stove. No, I don't have the expansion pack allowing you to tinker (I think it's FreeTime anyway, which is NOT AVAILABLE for Macs. My graphics card probably wouldn't be able to handle it. *clenches fist, attempting to wait for new computer*)

~Cavey

TS3 is an AMAZING game! I am an official TS3 fan.

I have all the expansion packs, waiting for generations.

I want them to make TS3 pets with more varieties of animal.

Like dog, cat, guinea pig, hamster, horse, etc.

Then some traits with it like allergic and animal lover.

AND... TS3 MUST keep the vegetarian trait.that is one.

Then carnivore , like opposite of vegetarian.

agreed? Or not?

I've been hearing rumors of a leaked trailer about a expansion that's due to come out in October by that same basic theme.

I believe the people referred to as being called "unleashed" and they do have horses, dogs, cats, fish, deer, raccoons, skunks, and even snakes (at least in the trailer they did).

If the leaked trailer is real and for PC (I've also heard that the leaked trailer is actually for the console) that would utterly and completely awesome.

I'm going to make a house full of snakes.

@_@

The Sims Medieval is awesome! biggrin.gif

It IS actually.

I just got mine about a week ago, and it's been tons of fun so far.

I haven't had any problems with it, and aside from being upset that you can't actually raise kids the same way you can in TS3.

I like the fact that you can kill other sims in it.

biggrin.gif

Once I get finished with my quests I'm totally going to be starting a plague throughout my kingdom and watching everyone die with relish.

That is, I'm not going to be watching them die with a sweet condiment all over them;

they'll die normally, but with me enjoying every moment of it.

I also got TS2 again (which I think I already posted here). I don't have the apartment life expansion (I'll get that after I get it set up on my new comp), but so far it's been... annoying.

Both my TS3 and my Sims medieval work perfectly, and yet my copy of TS2 is terribly buggy.

Tis annoying, but oh well.

Edited by Pink

I started a new city on my Sims3 game. This one is going to be all comic verse characters. My first family is the House of M, aka. Magneto's family. My old town has mostly book characters with a few TV charies mixed in.

*groans* I really want more custom stuff and the EP Open For Business, but I've promised to myself that I'm not touching any more Sims 2 things (except for Mod The Sims 2 to bookmark pages of CC for my new computer) until my computer is swapped out.

Anyone know of anywhere besides eBay where you can purchase Sims 2 EPs? The ones on eBay are over twenty bucks and I don't have the money for that.

~Cavey

*does happy dance* Yaaaayy! My father got me a copy of The Sims 3 for my new computer. And get this--it's not the regular one, it's The Sims 3 Deluxe, which is the regular game and Ambitions!

This also means MORE CC IF MY SIMS 2 IS TRANSFERRED! YESSS!

~Cavey

I prefer the Sims 2 over the Sims 3, mainly because I know all the cheats and expansions. xd.png

The Sims 3 is still pretty cool though. Does anybody know if the Nightlife expansion is worth getting?

It's fun. I enjoyed it though I found living in the city it took too long to get around places.

I'm excited for Generations solely because I'm hoping they'll send out a patch when it releases.

Do you mean the Sims 2 Nightlife or the Sims 3 Late Night?

If you mean Nightlife, yes. You NEED Nightlife. You can work a lot more jobs without even picking up the paper (kind of like the Sims 3 Ambitions pack that I haven't installed). And vampires are awesome. Biting necks FTW.

Late Night, I don't know because I don't have it, but I'd recommend it. Other than getting Outdoor Living Stuff, there's no way to get rid of those stupid "get a hot tub" wish by fufilling it. And apparently it comes with vampires. Vamps FTW!

~Cavey

I prefer the Sims 2 over the Sims 3, mainly because I know all the cheats and expansions. xd.png

The Sims 3 is still pretty cool though. Does anybody know if the Nightlife expansion is worth getting?

Well, I'm not sure about nightlife, but Late Night is pretty awesome.

I love my sim vampires. <3

Celebrities can be a tad bit annoying (they won't talk to you if you don't have something that'll "impress" them), but that's easy enough to work around, and they are only available in Bridgeport initially. In order to get celebrities in other places you have to import them from there, and then by socializing with your imported celebrities, new celebrities will be born and so on and so forth.

I really like the night clubs too. It's fun to go there and play the bunny video game.

;D

Overall I think it's worth getting.

Ambitions was meh, but Late Night was pretty good imo.

The cheats for TS3 are almost exactly the same. If you google them, you can find out which are new, but most of the useful ones (Constrainfloorelvation, motherlode, testingcheatsenabled, moveobjects, etc) have stayed the same (minus the "boolprop" part).

There are also a myriad of very cool mods that people made for LN.

For instance, there's one that sets your vampires on fire whenever they go outside, or the one that allows you to call people in the middle of the night.

Celebrities will spawn in towns other than Bridgeport without any importing, same with Vampires.