heartofkavelle

The Sims

Sims 3 is my holiday game laugh.gif I really want the expansions, unfortunately there's this thing called money with which goods are purchased and which I do not happen to have at the moment... dry.gif

The Sims 3 is EPIC WIN.

The only faults is that 1) everyone ages when you don't want them to but don't want aging off (trying to find a hack for that, just to stop everyone from aging, I had myself as a child sim and now I'm a really ugly teen), 2) those stupid get a hot tub wishes that I can't fufill, and 3) my mouse isn't working properly (it's a Mac mouse, one that has those squeezers on the sides) so when I right-click a Wish, it becomes a Promise, and when I right-click a Promise nothing happens.

But I'm going to install Ambitions now, which I believe is already patched as it was in the Deluxe pack I got, and the BG was patched.

~Cavey

I absolutley hate the Sims 3. Sorry but no offince, the characters all look the same anway that you make them. Plus they put two many extar stuff in there like, following the Sims to school or whatever, and marrying ghosts. How stupid is that? I'll just stick with the Sims 2 and keep creating families. I only need one more game and that's Freetime.

Celebrities will spawn in towns other than Bridgeport without any importing, same with Vampires.

I have an alternative story progression, so they don't spawn for my games, but point taken.

:3

I absolutley hate the Sims 3. Sorry but no offince, the characters all look the same anway that you make them. Plus they put two many extar stuff in there like, following the Sims to school or whatever, and marrying ghosts. How stupid is that? I'll just stick with the Sims 2 and keep creating families. I only need one more game and that's Freetime.

So I guess the aliens, werewolves, zombies, bigfoot, plant sims, robots, vampires, etc., from Sims 2 was completely different. rolleyes.gif

Yeah. But I never got plant sims, robots, and bigfoot because I don't have the EPs. And anyway, you can still make aliens in S3. Green skin tones. And there's blue, if I'm not mistaken, so zombie sims are back. Although I still need Late Night for the vampires. And me wants Pets. Maybe we'll have werewolves again and just didn't put it in the trailer.

~Cavey

Well, aliens were just a skin tone, but zombies did have slightly more than a skin tone. Sims 3 so far just has ghosts, mummies, simbots, vampires, and the imaginary friends.

All I have is the ghosts, because I just have the BG and Ambitions...but technically I could create a zombie skin legacy, like the Undead Legacy! xd.png

~Cavey

All I have is the ghosts, because I just have the BG and Ambitions...but technically I could create a zombie skin legacy, like the Undead Legacy! xd.png

~Cavey

You've got Simbots too then.

Can anyone suggest a good Sims game? I kida like one with a fn plot like Urbz... Maybe something for the PC dry.gif

Okay, I need some help here.

Back when I had my old Macintosh Mini, I didn't understand that it was not meant for gaming, especially not The Sims 2. So I stupidly installed that airplane, which began to deteriorate my graphics card (I will refer to it as the GC.) and stopped Sims over the age of Child from moving (basically saying that anyone Teen, Adult and Elder were frozen). I knew this wasn't a good sign, so I deleted the airplane lot, but they were still frozen because it was still plugged into my game. My sister had to completely unplug the game data, uninstall it, and delete every single thing in the game, including my custom neighborhoods. Then, I reinstalled the base game, University, Nightlife and installed Pets (as I had just gotten that shipped from eBay). I created lots of houses in Pleasantview, which led to me breaking that lot. Then I refused to enter Pleasantview again, which led to me going to a custom town and placing lots of trees on a lot where Sims were wearing CC, and created a new family with no CC, not knowing that I was slowly breaking my GC. I then noticed a funny blue line in my girl's neck, which turned out to be a gap, confirmed by my sister (she is an expert with this kind of thing), then upon entering the game again, discovered that the girl had a slit all the way around her left arm! I refused to play the game until I got this new computer. My father had also bought me The Sims 3 Deluxe, which I installed and got addicted to. Now I'm thinking about reinstalling my Sims 2 games due to the fact that Sims 3 and Ambitions runs beautifully on it, but then discovered (to my horror) that my computer had a duel core, which can cause problems, according to someone.

So my question is, will this computer that contains a duel core (compatible with The Sims 3, but apparently not The Sims 2) be able to run Sims 2 without problems? I want to actually get some advice on this before I try it. There would be no other computer I can turn to to play Sims 2 besides that old crap one if it didn't work and I really don't want them to go to waste.

~Cavey

I'm a old hand at TS. Personally, i liked "Castaway Stories"... But i like TS3 better. Also... I'm having trouble here... The Sims 3 is not initializing... and i can run Spore with all graphics options on max... WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Anyway, i always liked The Sims. My first was the old TS1. It's amazing how they 'evolved' when you compare TS1 and TS3. xd.png

OS--do you mean it looks somewhat like this? I don't have an account there because I currently do not meet the age limit, although this person has a laptop, which I assume you don't, but your card might not be able to handle it. You need a duel core or something like that to properly run the game, I have a duel core and it runs perfectly-a few bumps, of course, but they rarely result in the game shutting down, and even then it's probably because of my Ambitions patch.

~Cavey

My problem with the duel core is that somewhere I read that The Sims 2 is not always compatible and I don't know if it would work on my computer. I don't want to test it because it might break my computer and my dad would kill me.

~Cavey

There really isn't a reason why it should "break" your computer. It doesn't really work that way. If the software doesn't run, it doesn't run, but it really should "break" your computer, unless you consider it broken because it won't play Sims.

Dual-core is just the kind of processor that it is, just like my hair is brunette. I have a quad-core, you have a dual-core, it would be more useful to know exactly what the make and model of your processor is and to look up the actual specs for Sims 2.

This thing is powerful enough to run every Mac Sims 3 EP without straining it, so I think I messed up my words. It's a reasoned Mac Mini, rather large compared to my old one, one that you can tilt, swivel and raise the screen. (Giving a description because my camera happens to be broken and I can't find any web shots.) The Sims 3 works relatively fine, and so does Ambitions (came with my Deluxe pack) although I think I'm going to miss out on World Adventures due to the super glitchyness. So basically I'm going to get everything I can get except WA, including The Sims 3 Pets when it's released. But anyway, it's the duel core thing that worries me. Not playing Sims 2 after seeing the coolness of The Sims 3 is kind of catching up, and I want to compare the two and get more EPs, like Open For Business and Bon Voyage, but there isn't a point to me having the games if I can't use them.

~Cavey

Well, like I said, dual-core is just a basic description of what kind of processor you have. It'd be a lot more useful to know specifically what your processor is. You also might want to do research as to what the required specs for Sims 2 are and if there really is a problem with your specific processor or not.

No, no, no, no, no. That isn't what I mean. I mean that my computer does have the sys. req. for Sims 2 (how would it run Sims 3?), it's just that I read somewhere that duel cores can conflict with Sims 2 and cause jerky motions or whatever, and I don't want that happening to me because I want to run the game as smoothly as possible. Plus, Macs don't have Task Manager, so I can't fix it if it happens. I'll look for the link that says it, and report back.

And I don't know how to access the thing that says my duel core name and the type of GC I have because like I said, I'm on a Mac. And remember, the Boot Camp application takes up a lot of room, so even if I used my sister's old PC games, I probably wouldn't be able to install past...let me think...Fun with Pets. Plus, even though Boot Camp would let me check the GC and duel core easily, it could contract a virus and boom, end of Boot Camp.

~Cavey

This is why Macs suck.

Anyway, if you meet the system reqs then I'm not sure what the problem is. Jerky or not, it'll be the only way you're able to run the game, so...

Augh! Something's wrong with TS3...I have bad luck with computers!

So I went into Twinbrook a while ago, back when I first installed Ambitions. Then time passed, and Jade and Emerald Greenwood's father dies at the corner near the grocery store. Several sim days passed, and he was still there. Then, today I went to check on him and he's still there--not to mention when at first he was all ghostly looking, he looks like a normal elder now! I freaked because he was still floating in that ghostly manner, went to Edit Town, and selected their family, only to find that Holly had died, and no ghost was seen, and no urn. I zoomed over to the grocery store, where I was temporarily able to make him selectable, but then couldn't do it again, and he was all glitched! When he floated, his toes kept sinking into the concrete, and there's no .bad file in my game because I don't download things! I don't know what's going wrong, and there's nowhere I can post this issue except here because I don't have a Mod The Sims account! There's nothing in my downloads file except things that are supposed to be there, I don't know the coding, but my best guess is the Ambitions patch and the regular patch. And when he was selectable his actions were all messed up-"Expire" "Go home" and then a bunch of other stuff.

Is this Twinbrook broken, will I have to get the backup?

(Oh, and if you have a Mod The Sims account, I would like it if you posted this issue!)

~Cavey

Why don't you post these problems on the official Sims forum?

Anyway, have you tried resetSim?

Oh wow, I was in such a panic mode I forgot about resetsim. Oops. xd.png

And I don't have an account on any other forums, most of the time because I don't hit the age limit, so there's nowhere to post them dry.gif The only reason I have them when I don't hit the age limit is because my parents think I'm mature enough to handle them (although Grim still scares me, especially in TS2, my god, he's so creepy in that cloak...not to mention I'm afraid of scythes...) and they know I've been in love with Sims ever since my sister got TS2 (my games are hand-me-downs except for Pets).

~Cavey

YAY!!!!! Somebody actually started a topic for this! I was really afraid that I would have to. I like to play the sims 2 the most because I can control everything not just one family, and the sims 3 takes up too much memory on my computer. sad.gif