dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

The vast majority of my dragons' offspring are unnamed sad.gif BUT there are a few really nice ones out there, too!

* This one combined the parents' names -- it took me a minute to realize it!

* While this one was named for me! I'm flattered. *blush*

* Another nice parental name combo.

* And another -- must be something about the Shallow Waters and Blunas that inspires naming!

* This is just a great name for this Christmas x Ice, Black x White combination.

* And look at this! It's the first baby from my completed "Halloween Arrowhead Lineage." A very thoughtful name, looking at the full lineage. biggrin.gif

* Another one that took me a moment to realize the parental name combo -- I was like, "whaaaaat?" when I saw the name by itself, but then the lineage put it all into perspective.

* And then, there are these ones, which all kept the family surname; the first kept the full naming pattern.

Edited by Kelkelen

I love this when it happens- especially with my Pavillion, Astraea, and PMA lineages. (Which are actually all the same lineage...PM me if you're curious.) Seriously, check this out. Only the CBs are mine. I was ecstatic.

My only pet peeve is when I abandon my non-Water Walkers from this lineage and, despite the long history, they are not named accordingly. DX Only two dragons have gotten named after the PMA lineage...and it doesn't even follow the pattern. dry.gif

I dropped a winter into the AP last week or so and went to check on it and saw its name. Aww. :3

Been naming recent eggs I received for my lineages after their parents. Favourite being Drunken Misstep purely because I find it amusing and the vine dragon is such a good fit. :P

I felt so flattered when I saw this Terrae. I never expected someone to use one of my names, especially one as uncreative as Teraence. Thank you, whoever did that. Made my day. wink.gif

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

I bred two of my Lost themed dragons and abandoned the egg. Someone caught it and named it this.

Awesome :]

I bred two of my Lost themed dragons and abandoned the egg. Someone caught it and named it this.

Awesome :]

Whoa, that one is EXCELLENT!

The offspring of my Hellfires get interesting names.

My Magma is a Dorkface, so you can guess what happens with his kids.

I have a ember named Bazne that has a child with an interesting name.

I too like when this happens, but more often then not it seems that abandoned eggs either remain unnamed or else become unsuccessful neglected dragon dragon fodder...

I too like when this happens, but more often then not it seems that abandoned eggs either remain unnamed or else become unsuccessful neglected dragon dragon fodder...

^ This, I can't even count how many of the eggs I've abandoned that have been "vamped".

EDIT:

Though I do have a gold tinsel called Epically Dorkface that I bred to an ember named Omen Of Flame, the name of the tinsel-fail ember that I abandoned? "Omen of Dorkface" xd.png

Edited by Vixonstar

I name my Dragons after their parents (If they got names) except If I got them for Lineage Projects cause I always have Projects name themes.

I never realized how much people like it when an adopted is named after its parents and/or lineage theme...

I managed to nab Valentine, Sweetling, and Rose eggs (only joined Dragon Cave this January so I wasn't here for the release) and I already planned on naming the Valentine “Valentine Dorkface”, because it's related to what I think is thee Midas Dorkface 10 generations back, but since reading this it's been christened “Ferbi Valentine Dorkface” mixing it's parents' codes for the first name. It's a Yule Buck/Valentine so I guess all the more reason to name it after the parents.

I'd already named a Purple Dragon after its parents and theme because it has such a pretty lineage and I wanted to honor it, but since reading this I've now named my other adoptions after their parents/themes.

Here's the Purple's lineage. http://dragcave.net/lineage/KpiCA

There is no breeder name available for the parents or most of the lineage and the theme carries through to the beginning so I think the top half is all the same person, so if the breeder sees this I just want them to know that I think this is the nicest lineage I have seen yet. Even if it wasn't all done by 1 person it still must have taken Forever!

I actually name a lot of my dragons after their parents/ancestors when I'm having touble with names. >>;

Like this beauty. Named after her mother and her ancestors Inextrica, Gold Epica, and fU**:

Extra Freaking Epic Pomegranate.

Extra(Inextrica) Freaking(variation of "f"-ing for fU**) Epic(Gold Epica) Pomegranate(Persephone's Pomegranate.)

I think she's aptly named.

Edited by Cirvihi

recently saw this.

smile.gif <~a happy me

The parents are mine. They are probably one of the few OTPs i have on my scroll. i think there's maybe 2, 3 dragon "couples" max that only have one lover/spouse.

the other OTP pairing on my scroll have this baby that follows the theme too.

what I think is extremely interesting is when another dragon off my scroll gets named for it's siblings on my scroll. Take this dragon's progeny as an example.

"Pink is a manly color" and "Real dragons are pink" are on my scroll. "True men wear pink" is not.

I also check the scrolls of people who have my babies (weird habit, i know) out of curiosity and was confused but flattered when i saw this baby, whose parents are on my scroll is the only dragon named in the entire scroll.

A couple of gifted eggs were named after my dragons too, but idk if that counts since the person in question knows the breeder one way or another. It still makes me smile though.

there's a couple of other examples, but i know i posted in this thread quite some time ago and i dont want to repeat the same ones xd.png

I have some very clear naming trends with my Fyreborne surname, but only my friends uphold them. :/

However, I just saw this: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZtZk4

I think that egg was part of a trade, can't remember... xd.png

This is an offspring of my dragons who took the "leaf" lineage of the father's line into its name. But I'm more interest come spring in breeding the heck out of the winters and spreading the subtle humor of the mother's line. Following up the act of the parents and grandparents is no easy trick, but I had to have the mother's egg xd.png Edited by Draketeeth

This is an offspring of my dragons who took the "leaf" lineage of the father's line into its name. But I'm more interest come spring in breeding the heck out of the winters and spreading the subtle humor of the mother's line. Following up the act of the parents and grandparents is no easy trick, but I had to have the mother's egg xd.png

Hahaha, oh my gosh, those first Gen. Summers are hilarious!

And introducing: Voluptuous ST GlennSteed.

Hurrhurr. >w>;

I was looking at my '09 Val's offspring today, and saw that someone had given one of her babies an EPIC name. Renegade Love x The Raider of the Lost Ark = The Raider of the Lost Heart. Whoever you are, person, that made my day! wink.gif