dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

Lol, these are some great lineages! I used to be much more strict on my naming scheme for my dragons, but lately, I've begun to notice the naming schemes of the lineages and have given into them. Love the creativity that was put into these!

A lot of times I will try to name my new hatchlings based off of their parents names.. unless of course I got them for something different that I had in mind.

I love how this dragon (lineage) that I bred for someone as a trade is named. I remember looking over my dragons one day and noticing and thinking "Oh, that's cool." (I named my pumpkin that because of his code.)

The closest I've gotten to naming a dragon for its lineage is this. Halberd popped to mind when looking at all those H ancestors. And Crimson Eyed, well because I think the horse dragons are one of the few that really look like they're plotting something evil.

I just went through my scroll, and a lot of people have named dragons after mine. O.o

This Thunder-fail has got to be my favorite. *hugs hatchie*

And this Ribbon Dancer too, which was named when my Green's name was Gravelin.

Also:

Rosebud

Black

Sweetling

The Sweetling's is more of a reference to the breed of the parents, not the names but... Anyway, I felt so flattered seeing them.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

In general, I try to use the first letter of the father's name as the first letter of the offspring's name, but I will sometimes try to continue themes as well. When I do, I'm always a bit afraid that I'll offend someone or steal a name that someone is planning to use in the future.

I worried about that for this vine which I believe was an AP find. Same for this geode (also an AP find).

I traded for these two (1 & 2) as a pair of hatchlings and I tried to continue the names/made them a breeding pair.

My original Ridgewings are named after chips or cookies (unsure.gif) and it made my day when I saw that someone did this.

Edited by sfts

My Thunder and Electric had an electric egg which I abandoned, and I saw that the person who picked it up merged the two parent names for it's name. smile.gif I felt all fluffy inside when I saw it. wub.gif

This made my day. The parents are mine, and this is the first hatchling that isn't on my scroll to have my prefix. Edited by Muile

I love when his happens biggrin.gif

My marrow(Lamelo) and my HellFire (Come Again) accidentally bred out of holiday range and the person who caught the egg ended up naming it "Lamelo Again" It was so nice smile.gif

Also, i put "Kin" at the end of all my dragons names and sometimes people add that in the names too smile.gif

One of my few life-paired sets of dragons is an ice named Unquestionable Bravery and a Rosebud named Unquestionable Devotion. I found out that one of the Rosebuds I bred from them this holiday season is named Unquestionable Honesty. That made me happy. smile.gif

This was a gift, and it took me some time to understand the parents' owner's naming system:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/BPRJK

Some other named-after-parents on my scroll"

http://dragcave.net/lineage/v84XL

http://dragcave.net/lineage/8cYjM

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ucPhS

http://dragcave.net/lineage/44eV1 (From Wiktor)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aFWtP (From Blooming)

I've had a few of my dragon's offspring named after parents and each one makes me real happy to see, though this is definitely the most awesome namewise =P

My CB Male Marrow has two children named after him as well, and even a grandchild. MarrowxMagma is awesome on its own, and the name mixing is so sinister... high fives for those scroll owners.

Today I discovered this guy too, which made me laugh =)

Aaaah! I was so tickled to discover this one, today!

Also, I named my lovely Snow Angel "Kisevar" -- 3 guesses who was the generous donor!

I saw a child of two of my dragons named Caileh Semper. Made me super happy. biggrin.gif Thank you Red Hope whoever you are ^^

@ Nine: The awesome named offspring also has a wonderfully fitting code to go with it. xP

@ Kelkelen: Whee, I'm glad you like the snow angel (you got the pretty tri-colour winged one too :P)! :D I was quite curious about the name - I didn't know it was named after the parents until I saw your post. XD The last part 'ar' after Caesar? :P Oh wait... it also looks like an anagram of 'Varekis'! Aww, thank you! <3

@ Nine: The awesome named offspring also has a wonderfully fitting code to go with it. xP

@ Kelkelen: Whee, I'm glad you like the snow angel (you got the pretty tri-colour winged one too tongue.gif)! biggrin.gif I was quite curious about the name - I didn't know it was named after the parents until I saw your post. xd.png The last part 'ar' after Caesar? tongue.gif Oh wait... it also looks like an anagram of 'Varekis'! Aww, thank you! <3

Yup! I suppose that's more "naming after breeder" than "naming after parents," but you know -- our dragons are all our babies! xd.png <3

I've had several offspring named for their parents by people with other scrolls.

This recent one is one of my favourites. Not only does it acknowledge its source but it also reflects that it's been frozen! cool.gif

I often name for parents especially with mints like this and this.

I bred and APed this egg just for laughs a while back. Then recently, I was looking on the father's page and found a new named offspring. Turns out, the owner had used my personal lineage name (Phoenician) and the mother's name (Obscurum, Latin for dark) and made: Obscured Phoenician. I was so proud, especially of the Phoenician part, since I'm trying to get them out around DC.

I also bred a different pair of dragons in the Phoenician lineage and gifted it upon request, and they included Phoenician in the name. ^-^

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Aww, I checked up on a white egg I had left in the AP and saw that the baby was called Little Lion Healer 2 after his parents! So cute, Lion and Little Lamb now have two children who have 'Little Lion' as their name. wub.gif