dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I usually name dragons after parents if I like their names. I recently picked up a Shallow Water egg with the parents "You Spin Me" and "Right 'Round". It already had a sibling called "Baby Right 'Round" so I continued the theme and called it "AFA's Like a Record Baby". biggrin.gifxd.png

I have this Dorkface;

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mhFhC

He's an 18th gen and I would have never known it was a Dorkface if I had not grown curious and went back to it's furthest ancestors. The lineage is HUGE but he is not inbred at all, which was very surprising considering how large the line goes, so I named him; Surprisingly No Inbred Dorkface.

I always name dragons after their parents - for example this AP catch or this.

It's always nice to see children named as such. For example, this little one that I bred to the AP. I smiled when I noted the parent's names were carried on. smile.gif

Thanks to whoever owns that dragon!

Edited by White_dragon_2k9

I always name dragons after their parents - for example this AP catch or this.

It's always nice to see children named as such. For example, this little one that I bred to the AP. I smiled when I noted the parent's names were carried on. :)

That... is hilarious.

I have one too!

My second tinselfail from You're Gifting With Portals and I'm Wearing A Vegetable was named Veggie Portal Tinfail.

Lol.

Edited by aquamarine__

The offspring of my dragon 'Goblet' is named 'Chalice'! I was so happy that it that the name was free and they used it.

I name my dragons after their parents, if I can think of any name, that doesn't sound totally stupid wink.gif

Sometimes the parents just have names I don't understand.

I have an 2nd gen Ember whose parents have French names - uhm, okay, I don't speak French and I have no idea what their names mean biggrin.gif

I have a GloryDrake (Day) pair who are lifemates the mum is Ninnyhammers Blessington and the dad is Sir Prancealot, and this lovely pair has a child named

Sir Ninnyhammers Dawnalot

I have a Silver Tinsel whose parents were Gorgeous Silver Dust and Glorious in Pink, and it's a descendant of the tinsel Penk. So I named it Glorious Silver Penkkins. I thought it was cute :3

As far as I know, none of the dragons I gifted or abandoned were named after their parents. Thanks a lot people!

I was just looking at the children of my stripes when I noticed that a black stripe I had gifted/abandoned (don't remember xP) was named after a combination of the grandmother's and father's names. biggrin.gif

Then the offspring of that dragon also kept the father's name. So effectively the two following generations were named after the (grand)parent. ^-^

That's probably my favourite instance of having dragons named after parents on my scroll. tongue.gif Haven't really thoroughly looked through all my dragons, but this one stood because of the triple generation thing. c:

Taking naming after parents Up to Eleven: I just named my silver dragon, who is a descendant of Penk, the S'aars, the d'Alseas, and the Tenebraes. His father is named after the metal Mithril, and the mother is named Strixae; Strix is a genus of owl. He ended up with a wonderful name. I'm conflicted on whether to change this or not when I breed him.

Was looking at one of my sunsong's when I found this name: Sister's Sunsong Element. I do wonder if that was named after my forum name. My scroll name and my forum name are not anything alike... I very well could have gifted that dragon, or it could be a coincidence, but it still made me do a double take ninja.gif

I name all my non-CB dragons after their parents. It makes naming so much easier for me! Sometimes the names are really cute (or random) like this one!

the surname is Beatles... someone is a big fan! laugh.gif

Also this one is very sweet. wub.gif

Edited by brisingrrider

I looked at the child of two of my dragons and found this smile.gif

I think it's really cool, because Narvi is the actual name of one of Loki's children in mythology. It's a shame I don't have the name Sigyn. If I did, I wouldn't have had to breed Loki with Xena, lol.

Thanks to whoever named their offspring :]

I wish people that got my dragon's offspring would follow my naming pattern. sad.gif

I put Koni at the end of all of my dragons names, no idea why, just a random 4 letter word I made up to put in all my dragons names. tongue.gif

All of my dragons have "AFA's" in front of their names. When looking through my dragons children, I found these two: AFA's Lucky Catch (son of AFA's Like a Record Baby & AFA's Right Round Round Round) and AFA's Frida (Alt Vine which was a gift - daught of AFA's Frieda and AFA's Vinnie).

I name my Autumn Seasonal's with names beginning with A and S. I found an Amon Sebastian (son of AFA's Amon Steve & AFA's Ameera Sienna).

Thank you! biggrin.gif

Just discovered that a child of my two dragons, Nippone and Fouhittine, has been named Nipoutine. I love that. xd.png

Recently I try to name all my catched dragons after their parents. I always like it when people do that, some of my dragon's offspring are also named after their parents. smile.gif

I usually try to name my draggies after their parents.

If too many of the parents are unnamed (or if I can't think of anything), I just name it myself.

Naming after parents makes it a whole lot easier on me, because I'm terrible at thinking up names. :I

I just bumped into this beauty, and this lovely continuation from the same pair of mine.

smile.gif I own both Aadonis Vyrifson and Perdita Klytos, (and Perdita's parents). Awesome to see the names being continued down, and I'll be even more glad when Perdita's description gets approved so that the reason behind her name can be seen. biggrin.gif whee! *happydance*

Also: a descendant of one of my dragons is in an even-gen Dorkface lineage? blink.gif wows. Amazing, I say!

Most of mine are CB, but I like to use the parents' names as inspiration too happy.gif

I found this on one of my pair's offspring, and appreciated it so much that I renamed the White mother (I didn't like her name as much before) using the 2nd gen's name as inspiration xd.png

When we switched over to 5-character codes, I realized my last 4-character code dragon was one I intended to freeze. I let it grown instead, and named it The Last of Endur. Both of its parents have Endur in their name. I also have a bunch of dragons a mix of their parents names.

I got a bronze with the parents " I like sprinkles" And "Carrot Cookies" so, i called mine, "Carrot-sprinkles", not the most amazing name but meh