dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

I love naming after the parents to keep the name of the lineage going!

I also love when someone names an egg I dropped after the parents, this one being a wonderful example.

I absolutely always name my AP dragons after parents in some fashion. Usually I give them a 3-word name, with one unique name, and some combination of the parents' names.

In the case ofthis Dorkface, who gendered male, I just named him after the father first and gave him the mother's name with Dorkface.

In the case of This Vampire, with parents "Canopous" and "Canopa", I gave her the name "Calyptra Thalictri"--a Latin name of a Vampire Moth.

I try to give the name in order of the parentage and gender.

Here's A black Stripe I found in the AP and I named it after both parents smile.gif

It helps me to keep my dragons organized, because I give all my CB dragons either single word names or Hyphenated-Names-Like-This, and dragons with separate word names are all bred.

I am always ecstatic when people name my dragons' hatchlings after the parents. biggrin.gif

I love nothing more than naming my dragons smile.gif its fun and you can get a real nice lineage going, not just in breed but names.

I got given this pink and named it similar to the parents Pinks Lineage

They make a very cute family smile.gif

This white dragon was named after the parents and I think it's an adorable name. x3

... and no, my dragons weren't named because of Twilight. :v

@ below: Hehe, good. =P

Edited by Varekis

... and no, my dragons weren't named because of Twilight. :v

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been my first guess, but whatever. :P

Anyways, here's a personal quote (from the What makes a dragon desirable thread)

...and this one.

(I almost considered naming that last one Hubynila'ard the Soft /shot)

Edited by aquamarine__

I like to do that sometimes when I breed my dragons or pick up and abandoned egg. biggrin.gif

If I don't do it exactly I also like to name an abandoned egg something based off of what is in it's lineage.

I usually try to name my non-CB dragons after their parents and/or ancestors.

I've had several of my dragons offspring pop on other scrolls following my Eternal prefix, from time to time though I'll come across a blended name like L u c a r i a n

I try to name mine after their parents as well and I have a few pairs whose offspring have been named after my dragons. Lemme dig em up.

Black Lotus IB Child of Lotus of Blackness and Lotus of o0o Lotus of Blackbirds o0o. o0o Lotus of Blackbirds o0o got the o0o o0o from her parents but it looks like their named dissolved. And I just noticed she's inbred >_<

Lotus of Dreams Child of Lotus of Clouds and Lotus of the Wind. Held by chvj

Challenger Deep Maris Child of Lotus of the Deep and Lotus of Discontinued. Held by horizonfyre

Crimson Stained Claw Child of Lotus of Crimson and Lotus of Rainmakers. Held by Wolkentanz.

Lotus of Lego Child of Lotus of Halloween and Lotus of Tinyness. Held by Legoman.

Motir Lotus Child of Lotus of Loch Ness and Lotus of Cattails. Held by featherthefandaloria.

Kirakotsu's Lotus Evora Child of Lotus of Epic Power and Lotus of Tinsel HUsbandry. Held by kiramaru7.

Tiny Shadows in Mystery Child of Lotus of Tiny Mysteries and Lotus of Tiny Shadows. Held by unknown this is probably my favorite one of the names.

Mar Mo Held by unknown I used to name all my dragons _______ Mo because my username is mo7. However, I left and all the names were dissolved and I wanted a new title thingy.

Valensa Mo Held by unknown. Same reason as above, however, this one is actually a grandchild of mine so it's even cooler happy.gif

Sel's Poison Lotus Child of Lotus of Speed and Lotus of Darts. Held by Selessence.

I would like to give a big thanks to all of those who name the AP children of my dragons after my dragons ^-^

Edited by mo7

I've seen quite a few of mine named after the parents recently. Like Sparkling Reflections from Reflections and Sparkling Night. I've also seen my surname "Anu" being carried on lately. I found one where it was continued on for 3 generations; that makes me smile <3

Also, I had fun naming this dragon: http://dragcave.net/lineage/nstTH I Google translated the parents' names and tried to name accordingly. A note at the breeder, apologies if my German sucks laugh.gif I went through like six translators to find something I liked tongue.gif

I think there are at least two grandchildren that have been named after my dragons.

I might be new to the site, but naming your dragons after their parents is kind of fun. In fact, the names might turn out even better when mixing the names! :D

For now, the only dragon I've named after their parents is Anna Quickstrike, daughter of both Anna Pink and Quickstrike Adagio. I also have Ryou Florence, but she's just named after her paternal grandparents rather than her parents themselves, because they don't have names, actually. ^^;

I bred together a Pumpkin, named Buffo Boffin, and a Pygmy, named Amaranth Fairbairn, (Hobbit names) and one of their offspring (which I gifted) was named Bane of the Shire biggrin.gif

I smiled when I saw it~

im someone who looks at the parents names of a dragon to name the dragon i got off the ap. i always wondered if that annoyed the breeder or made them happy. if you look at my scroll you'll see some male dragons carrying their fathers namesake. (like ruan daylight II) laugh.gif

For my dragons with lineage i usually combine the names of the parents in order to make a whole new name. I like using names farther back in the lineage as well. My CB dragons i try to name so that i can use parts of them as names for offspring.

I bred and abandoned a few clutches of Marrows earlier this week, and now I see that one of those decided to continue the family surname from my scroll <3

Just looked at the progeny list of my favourite nebula and sunsong. The parents are Hayley (neb) and Kingston (sunsong) - I found their youngest offspring has been named Haleys Sunrise. Okay, not the exact spelling but still! wub.gif

I kind of wonder whether the owner had taken the descriptions of the parents into consideration before naming. It's awfully cute that this particular spin on the names was taken. x3

I have a CB Nebula pair (Secrets of the Universe and Infere) and someone named their child "Secrets of Infere."

D'aww <3

I always try to mix parents names. Its great fun. For instance my first Magi I called Kryspi after Krys and Pilfer and his son is Reispi after Kryspi and Grey Rei. I have lots of others too and I will continue to follow this way. Its fun! I do prefer to catch one with interesting names instead of codes.

I'm glad that the owners of the parents approve! happy.gif

I mix up the parent's names or surnames most of the times, and sometimes I add a name of mine and my personal sufix for my dragons. Here are some examples:

Biel Dark Snow. I just mixed up the parent's surnames here <3

Azola du Val Ksiez. I like the mother's surname so much I had to combine it with Ksiez, my sufix.

Miltzuana Rio Ksiez. I liked the name Miltz, so I combined it with the mother's name and took Rio from the father.

Mixing names is SO much fun, I hate when the parents are unnamed.

I have three that I know of.

(f) FadedSoul x (m) FallingTide have a daughter. I was egglocked, but I bred the two to see if they accepted eachother and then they produced an egg. She was auto abandoned and grew up in someone else's scroll. I don't know who, but FadedTide is their first. FadedTide's Lineage.

(f) SkyTooth x (m) LeafShade have a son... One son. I was wanting to see if someone else would name this egg like they did with FadedTide and so I bred them. Marcus Skyleaf Indigestion necame his name. Sadly, I don't know who has this one either. [http://dragcave.net/lineage/mAok3]Marcus Skyleaf Indigestion's Lineage[/url].

(f) SkyTooth x (m) SnowStride have a daughter. The two are now forever mates and they have a second egg, but it has yet to be given a name. I was trying to get a blue stripe egg, but instead I got a second sky wing egg. I abandoned it knowing it would get a good home, and it did. Skyling K has grown up and takes on her mother's Guardian name now. Yet again, no known owner. Skyling K's Lineage.

I am writing a story and most of my dragon's names are based off of the characters. I will be writing the Guardian children into my book, and they will be published along with their parents. They won't have the same life in the book as they do cave wise, but the spirit and name is what counts. I just might make a second book on their real lives, but make them fuller than what is above. Thanks!

Love and be loved ~StarSea. (SS)

If you don't like the length, I can take out the stories and leave the lineages and parents. I think I will have it so all my dragons with Guardian names will be on one page, start surnames and have that on a second page... you know?

Edited by StarSea

I just found out that one of the eggs from my Riding a Black Unicorn x Erupting Volcano pair that I gave away grew up and was named Erupting Black Volcano.

That made me giggle so much. XD I normally name their offspring after them anyway, but that's the only one I haven't kept that ended up being named after them. Thanks for that.