dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

This girl right here

The parents are mine, and whoever picked her up named her after her mother, and used the suffix as well.

This dragon of mine. <33 The first child is mine, but all of the others were adopted by different people, and all (except one) named after my dragons. *o* "Calculator in the Lost and Found" is my favorite. >w<

Both offspring were named after their parents, Y U No Incubate and Y U No Blow Fire. I named them that cause I was mad that incubate takes so long to cooldown :lol: I traded both offspring, and their names are Y U No Growl and Y U Nojq4 (that's its code LOL)

Even a grandbaby was named after them: Y U Eat Meh Babbies. That one made me laugh.

Bahah, nice. XD

AP'd another balloon from my balloon line and decided to check out the progeny while I was at it. One of them were renamed and I *think* it was after the parents/grandparents? XDThis floaty dragon o3o

The parents of This cute magi, SepulchralMisti and SepulchralGlow, are mine. smile.gif

And the grandparents SepulchralDust and PhoenixAutumn)

Edited by PhoenixStarr

I bred my Ice dragon with a Two-Finned Bluna. They bred and created an Ice egg. But I was egg locked so the egg auto-abandoned. Someone picked up the little eggie and named it after the parents!

Here she is!

I bred my Ice dragon with a Two-Finned Bluna. They bred and created an Ice egg. But I was egg locked so the egg auto-abandoned. Someone picked up the little eggie and named it after the parents!

Here she is!

That someone would be me c:

As for naming after parents, i haven't had that happen with any of mine, but i did name this vine after their lineage after giving it a strange name to begin with.

Also, a few days (... weeks) ago i named this electric after their parents as well.

Also, a few days (... weeks) ago i named this electric after their parents as well.

That would be one of my dragon's offspring! Thank you so much wub.gif

Some of my other dragon's offspring that were named nicely:

Hope's Wrath

Freckled Sparrow 'II

Rhymes With Trucker

Dark Grey Rain and Thunder Soul

Chuzzle Puff

Thank you everyone!

Edited by Snowytoshi

This baby's parents had Sunsinger and Silverlight in their names, so I decided to name it Sunlight in Chinese, which is Riguang.

I did something similar for this dragon. one of its parents had Rage as part of its name, so I translated Rage into German, which is Zorn.

If I didn't explain here, you probably wouldn't be able to tell that I actually did name them after their parents.

I name after parents a lot, but this Daydream is my favorite. I almost tossed it back to the AP (was only looking for CB commons at the time), but after seeing the parents' names I had no choice but to keep it.

I named this fella after his parents. (If the breeder sees this-thank you!, he's georgeous!)

ETA-I would like to catch more and continue the mystic/music theme

Edited by prpldrgnfr

Whenever it's possible, I try to name dragons I get after one or both of their parents. It's not always possible, but it's something I like to do. Or if I see some sort of naming pattern I'll try to continue it.

Here's some of mine I named after the parents:

Noticed the naming pattern and carried it on with this one and its offspring.

Kept the Celestial pattern going here

And named this one after the mother

... And I kept it going when I bred those two!

I've got a bunch of others, too.

While it's not something I've seen happen often, it always does tickle me to find one of my dragons' offspring that I'd given away named after the parents or still carrying the Amahira surname. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, y'know? biggrin.gif

Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, y'know? biggrin.gif

Amen. biggrin.gif

This person is amazing. Not only did they continue the surname, but they picked such an awesome first name to go with it.

I sometimes try to continue name lineages while adding my own species-specific surnames, but the results usually look pretty wierd.

And then there are the times when I should've done that, but didn't for whatever reason... Thaala-Miramar wouldn't be too bad. Should I change it?

Edited by Athkore

hahaha biggrin.gif My dragon is going to die. sad.gif Can you help it? It's html code is <a PLEASE_READ_THE_RULES_BEFORE_ATTEMPTING_TO_POST_YOUR_EGGS egg spam removed - . Btw, I wasn't the person who took your dragon...

Edited by rubyshoes

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! I can't even express how happy I am!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif I bred this dragon and it auto abandoned. I've been working on the lineage for some time and have really been enjoying it! So I was hoping someone nice would come and pick up the eggy. And someone grabbed it and named it something that goes perfectly with the lineage!!!!!!! I wanted to see if the person was on these forums so I could PM them to thank them, but the user name is hidden. If you're reading this post wonderful person, I'm thanking you!!!! smile.gif

I bred my CB misfit Kitya Amplus to my 2nd Gen crimson flare(from black mist x crimson flare) Indesiderium Amplus. The baby hatched but they didn't name him. The owner is WindsofSilver

but i'm glad he got a home smile.gif

I named Malevolent Gold(full name ShimmerDemon II Malevolent gold) after it's parents who were Shimmerdemon Aurum and Shimmerdemon pyrite

I named Miss Colonel Thuwed after the Thuwed lineage....but that's kind of obvious. i do plan to name after combined names in the future smile.gif

My abandon magi egg from my two magis never got a home...it's going to die in four days. how sad!!

it's messy lineage

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

My abandon magi egg from my two magis never got a home...it's going to die in four days. how sad!!

it's messy lineage

I felt so sorry for the egg that I went and used it's code to put it on a ER. At least now it has a chance of surviving as a wild dragon. Or maybe someone will pick it up as a hatchling! xd.png

I felt so sorry for the egg that I went and used it's code to put it on a ER. At least now it has a chance of surviving as a wild dragon. Or maybe someone will pick it up as a hatchling! xd.png

More than likely the owner has their scroll name hidden, because the egg is not listed as a wild egg...

More than likely the owner has their scroll name hidden, because the egg is not listed as a wild egg...

Oh, oops. Sorry. sad.gif

It had no views. i think it may have been picked up by a newbie who does not know what to do. but i do think it should be put into the ER just so the Newbie can have at least one egg without dying!

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

It had no views. i think it may have been picked up by a newbie who does not know what to do. but i do think it should be put into the ER just so the Newbie can have at least one egg without dying!

You may want your egg to survive, but unless you keep it, once it leaves your scroll it is the new owner's right to do with it as they wish.

"Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission."

Note that this bit is shown at the bottom of that scroll page... any help you have given is unsolicited because of that disclaimer at the bottom of that scroll page.

Now, before I end up in more hot water here... I caught this little guy in the AP earlier, & recall seeing the paternal grandparents mentioned before. So it was only fitting that I named the critter something relating to grandpa. smile.gif

Edited by Siliskor