dakota1431

Naming, after parents.

some of my recent names after dragons' parents:

Ormr Darkrose from Ksew's Farm - both parents have "Ormr" in names

Black Bell from Ksew's Farm - several dragons in lineage have "Bell" in their names

Antonia from Ksew's Farm - both parents have "Antonia" in names

Un-Vu Dorlface from Ksew's Farm - parents named Un - Asin and Un- Yenoa

Avii Wedding'M from Ksew's Farm - some dragons from the lineage have "Avii" and some - "Wedding'M" in their names

Tridy's Thunder from Ksew's Farm - I wanted to honour the gifter by following their naming scheme smile.gif

I haven't done this very often so far, but I will probably do it more now that I've seen this thread. I have done it a few times, however:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/PO59

http://dragcave.net/lineage/4d71

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lAWX

And I've noticed a few where my dragons' offspring have been named after their parents:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/6HOe

http://dragcave.net/lineage/oIAY

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lWtI (There's two on this one.)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0gmQ

Just about every lineaged dragon on my scroll is named after their parents, and considering that I have over two hundred dragons with only 86 cave born... yeep.

If you look at some of the weirder names on my scroll, such as England's Judicial Squad, then you will find that I have combined the names of the dragon's parents.

So far my favorite names have been:

Brightly Blazing Snow (parents Brightly Blazing and a Snow Angel)

Frozen Hearts Don't Break (a water with a ice parent named Unfreeze My Heart)

Fragment Of A Shattered Heart (kid of Frozen Hearts Don't Break and They Shatter)

Keeper of the Flaming Sweets (parents Flame Keeper and Sweets Keeper)

Silver Shroud (parents Dark Silver Seph and Shrouda)

Bleak Sage (parents Bleak Maya and Pure Shadows)

Pink Sugar Frosting (parents Pink Sugar Candy and Lady Frosting)

Caged Shadows (parents Perilous Shadows and Kage Kekkaishi)

Furious Symphony (parents Furiana Rutilius and Symphorian Snowgold)

And one of my all time favorites, What Just Landed On My Head (parents Up On Your Roof Tops and Soaring Over Your Head). He has a kid named Just What. xd.png

Not only do I love naming my dragons after their parents, but apparently the people who catch their offspring love naming them too.

Pink Sugar Frosting and Amor Ellis have produced Pink Sugar Cookie and Sugar Amore.

Maura Draconis and Ridiculous Street Fighter have produced Ridiculous Draconis.

Stone Black Snow and Stone White Snow have produced Stone Sapphire Snow.

But I could go on and on... wink.gif

I got this one as a sort of gift, sort of trade - when I got it the mother was unnamed, but when I recently saw the name it was given I had to continue it, it's perfect. xd.png

Users I want to thank for naming after my dragons;

Stoic Von Jubilee

Mai Ritter Von Valentine and Claude Ritter Von Vai Special thanks for continuing the lineage. smile.gif

Marius Von Elegance. Big, big thanks for using my kennel name.

Bastiaan Von Elegance. Thanks to you too for using my kennel name.

Spark Von Elegance FII Another nice user that uses my kennel name.

Norrill PB II Elegance.

Relidan Von Elegace. I knew this user would choose an appropiate name, and it couldn't have been nicer. I love the name of Relidan.

Traya Exeros

Hareen Equus

Lobster Mobster Von Elegance

Yimiha Jaheth Arvate

Raging Ragged Anne Von Elegance

Hyacinth Cairn Von Elegance

Silvester Von Elegace

Dragons I've named after parents.

Behemoth Tirreme Garat

Silel Eleno Dorkface I need a CB silver female for this one. tongue.gif

Promise Lancaster of Grace Gold.

Serpis Soey

Nebula Vantorivic

Magick Jule

Dimitra of Twilight Falls

Serpis Helia Codestone

Water Jaxx

Magicke of Dragonsteed

Hedda Haykan of Hartfried

Hanjour Hestus of Hannedore

Falardan Rododora

Majestic Amai of Soulsbane Kept this one because it has an Alt Sweetling ancestor, and I liked the names. Not planning on breeding him tho. Might if I ever find a suitable partner, but I'm not thinking much about it. Maybe a flamingo?

I love picking up dragons from the AP, just to check their lineages. It's so much fun to name after parents.

Edited by DragonNighthowler

Oh, yeah, it's great!

I gifted my white to another user, and she followed my dragon's last name (i wrote the last name front,..) Prin-. I felt really happy:D

I usually name my dragons after their parents. One of my golds is "Sparkle Sparkle Like Elmo" and its kid is "Achi's Sparkling Big Bird". I always keep lineage names, no matter what. Then my friend had a naming spree at 2AM and created a Dorckface, which I proudly own. n-n

I've got some more since my last post! Not sure if it counts if it's more "inspired by" the parents' names instead of taking pieces directly...

Straight-up mix of names:

Break Glen

Jein d'Artius

Joyous Rune Innocent ([Jesia + Royal] + parents' surname)

Fey Storm Trials

Just took a first name or surname:

Wood Seal Prime

Feu Frou-Frou

Draco Sanguis Whirlwind Romance

Saving Shield of Yasminck

Combination / Inspired-by:

Scanning Thoughtful Lies (A mix of names and code)

Xanax Seilver Stel di Mare (Code + parents' surname + a grandparent's surname)

Powerful Pink Parlance Champagne

Divine Love Is a Battlefield

Lojbo Dunra Litki

Trailing Wakerobin Blush Wine (Pink Trillium Smurf + Silver Sunset Smurf (Trailing Wakerobin is a kind of trillium, and Wikipedia says the leaves have some silver to them))

some that I've named recently:

Curio from Ksew's Farm

Hou Gllubush from Ksew's Farm (this one not right after parents, but after greatgrandparents)

Marseillo Re from Ksew's Farm

Tolian from Ksew's Farm

actually, when I get lineaged dragons, I name them after parents in most cases smile.gif it's so convenient you needen't think of a name xd.png

and a great thank you to people who gave these names to their dragons:

Little Runaway fom Ksew's Farm

Barissa daughter of Burleela

Ksew NewLove

Blue Beautie from Ksew's Farm

<3 I'm so happy to look at that names!

If it has named parents I try to use them in the hatchies name now, but this was not always so.

Some recent ones I have are a pygmiy from Mother: Solaua and Father: Yielder

So her name is Yielaua

and a pillow from Mother: Mrao Mai CB and Father: Mto Mai CB

So I called him Mai Tai Moto.

I also have White Lightning Arios from Mother: Mi'Vajra and Father: Mi'Arios

and Dawn Rhapsody from Mother: Precipice Dawn and Father: Dawn at the Verge

and Harvests of Autumn from Mother: Harvest Lily and Father: Soul of Autumn

Sadly the rest are whatever I decided to call them since I had no idea of lineages and such, but I might should go back through and check their lineages to see if they do have a 'surname' that needs to be added.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Y7uX

This is the first that comes into my mind. biggrin.gif This one is a funny one, since only the pink was named when that egg was abandoned and bitten, and the new owner named it. After I noticed that I named the ice to suit the child's name. tongue.gif

I'm sure there are some more named after my dragons, since I remember when I tried to change some names of my cbs for lineage purposes, I noticed they have children named after name, so I kept their names. smile.gif

I name after lineage for almost all my dragons unless I have some special name in mind from the start.

Also I have a nebula whom I named Noch Yavanno (after a really distant ancestor) and someone else got his kid and named her Yavannia. biggrin.gif

Nobody's done it to me yet, but I sometimes name mine after their parents.

I thought this girl deserved a special mention, as it is the FIRST and ONLY dragon from this couple named after her parents, even when I've gifted some of their eggs here in the forum with the sole request that they be given a name (any name).

Nasir Von Elegance

Thank you very much! biggrin.gif

All of my dragons have last name. "of Rohan". I use it because I can put them any name! But I just HATE when people name the offspring of my dragons with the last name sad.gif

BUAAAA!1!

I like naming based of a dragons parent's makes life easier, and it brings a smile to the parents face. xd.png However generally not many people choose to name after my dragons, probably because most of my dragons have one worded names =P

Either way though here's one person i'd like to thank =3

http://dragcave.net/view/haVq