evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

This is good to know as was confusing me and also taken off wiki list

I am saddened to say I cannot access the site either. This was one of my Top 3 sites to use as an ER.

When I go through my cache, I get an all white screen.

The domain is changed

Would you, by any chance, have the new domain link?

Shoot. That was my top ER site. Well, I guess I'll be stalking the thread and Allure of Neglected Dragons until something pops up again smile.gif

I like this site a lot too sad.gif . I just hope that the site is back again soon.

looks like I'm not the only one in the same situation, hope everything gets fixed soon, i really like the site.

I got the "you need to update your media player immediately!" thing too. When I looked into it, it's WARP Install, which I found to be adware/malware/third party toolbars and other assorted garbage. Don't download it!

I hope the real site is back soon. It's one of my fave hatcheries.

The site still seems to work fine for me, too. It is not one of the sites I use regularly, but I do use it when I have eggs that need a little boost. I hope the issue gets settled soon. I would hate to see another useful fansite dissolved.

Yup, I have the same problems too. It irks me a little since it was able to get past my adblock but I guess I'll just have to avoid using that site in the meantime.

I got a suspicious page telling me to install "updates." I hope the owner can figure out who hacked it & get the real site back up. It one of a small handful I use here.

Nothing was hacked. Just the domain expired = has not been renewed in time.

The site keeps referring me to various adds and other sites like surveys. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Well, if you look at the last 2 pages of this thread ... yes.

Long explanation:

The domain probably expired, as in, it was not renewed for another year. Usually, the domain hoster then re-routes such domains to its own domain parking site which offers the requested domain itself for sale along with various more or less questionable services. The site that gets the [eta: antivirus] warnings is such a parking site, not DragHatch itself.

Now, a domain is just a pointer, like a street sign that says "this way to the site you want" where "this way" is an IP address of some physical computer with all the code and the database on it. That physical computer, the site's server, still exists, as we can tell because rubyshoes can still access DragHatch (probably because her computer or her ISP still "knows" the IP address somewhere in its cache).

The only thing that is gone is the street sign. We can only wait for Evina to return and renew the domain (re-make the old street sign) OR to tell us another address to his site (make a new street sign).

Nothing was hacked. Just the domain expired = has not been renewed in time.

How do we know that ? I still get all sorts of awful warnings which I don't from other expired domains (just tried a few I know have expired...)

I suspect that other domains you know expired haven't been hosted by that dot tk company.

Well, the site has finally gone down for me, too. Now I am getting the same nasties as everyone else. I do hope the issue gets resolved.

I hope so, too! Since Draghatch has gone, my eggs take *much* longer to develop, even though I put them into several additional hatcheries. Guess the other sites have to cope with a lot of extra traffic, both from the new release and the loss of Draghatch. huh.gif

user posted image

funny AND true

(I really couldn't resist - I love reaction gifs that say it all. please don't hate me >_>)

Thanks for the information, glad I'm not the only one experiencing this xd.png

Hurry back, DragHatch wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

It's my favourite hatch site too - I really hope it gets sorted out soon, we miss you, Evina!

I only use Draghatch and EATW for my eggs :c Especially ER eggs from AP. Sad to know domain expired. sad.gif

I only use Draghatch and EATW for my eggs :c Especially ER eggs from AP. Sad to know domain expired. sad.gif

Evina may be busy. I have emailed her; I hope she will come and post.