evina

TheEvina's DragHatch

Evina may be busy. I have emailed her; I hope she will come and post.

user posted image

tongue.gif

Anyways, I think there are other ways of accessing the site such as IP, but it doesn't work well as the viewer redirects to those ads.

Edited by Derek

user posted image

tongue.gif

Anyways, I think there are other ways of accessing the site such as IP, but it doesn't work well as the viewer redirects to those ads.

OK - him smile.gif

Glad to see I'm not the only one who seen the redirect thing. I noticed the address change while going through my tabs while waiting for them to load. Hopefully I stopped it in time. it was still a white page when I hit stop and closed it.

user posted image

funny AND true

(I really couldn't resist - I love reaction gifs that say it all. please don't hate me >_>)

You just made my day with this gif! xd.png

I really hope that evina will bring the site back... it's one of my favorite hatcheries. sad.gif But I don't think that he will take the site down without a notice in this topic, therefore I hope that it's really just the domain that expired.

Hope DragHatch goes back up soon. It's my favourite hatchery. sad.gif Meanwhile, I'm using the Allure of NDs, which is my backup hatchery.

Evina may be busy. I have emailed her; I hope she will come and post.

I hope so X__X

closing

Thread can be reopened if Evina's comes back.

Edited by rubyshoes

Reopened. Glad to have you back, Evina. smile.gif

Ok everyone the site is back online at http://dc.evinext.com (though http://evinext.com/dc also works if you forget). smile.gif

I'm sorry I haven't been online the last few months to check up on the site. It wasn't what I wanted but it had to happen. In fact, I still might only be able to check up on the site on rare occasions. As for the domain I don't think it expired. I had taken care of that a few days before I left. Either the registrar thought I had broken one of their rules or a hacker took it and started spreading viruses, but I guess I'll never know since the registrar doesn't want to tell me so easily.

But that's not important. The site is back now which is what matters, right? biggrin.gif

I'm not sure it's working. It says there are 41 dragons in the nursery, but I am not seeing any. I added a few of mine and it didn't change the number and I still see no eggs or hatchlings on the site.

Welcome back evina. Still appears to be a problem with the site.

(Eggs not visible for viewing on the site.)

Yeah, same issues here too. No eggs in the viewer and although my eggs are in, they don't add to the total. Hope that gets fixed! Also, welcome back!

Also, you'll need an updated API access:

The referring site (dc.evinext.com) does not match the URL on record for that API key (draghatch.tk). Please contact the owner of the site that you came from and inform them of this error.

Just added my scroll, ER eggs are showing up, not any others though

Ok I'm here to address some issues. There always seems to be several, you know.

DRAGONS NOT SHOWING IN THE NURSURY

The way the site is set up the dragons show up depending on the time of day they were added. This is a lot more efficient than taking the entire collection and returning a random portion of them. Since there aren't many dragons in the site, not all the slots for the times of day have been filled, so many of the pages will be empty, if that makes any sense. If not, then I'm sorry. Don't worry about it too much yet.

NOT BEING ABLE TO SECURE YOUR SCROLL

TJ's API is strict regarding the login thing. It only works if the site URL matches the one on his records. I've contacted him to update it. In the meantime just to make sure no problems arise with the system, I've cleared all security entries.

Please forgive me for these inconveniences. These dragon hatcheries are tricky to maintain. xd.png

Edited by evina

The way the site is set up the dragons show up depending on the time of day they were added.

Please forgive me for these inconveniences. These dragon hatcheries are tricky to maintain. xd.png

Actually that makes a lot of sense, and explains why I did see a few dragons in the nursery for a few seconds before they disappeared again. tongue.gif

Thanks for the explanation and glad to see one of my fave sites back up and running!

DRAGONS NOT SHOWING IN THE NURSURY

The way the site is set up the dragons show up depending on the time of day they were added. This is a lot more efficient than taking the entire collection and returning a random portion of them. Since there aren't many dragons in the site, not all the slots for the times of day have been filled, so many of the pages will be empty, if that makes any sense. If not, then I'm sorry. Don't worry about it too much yet.

Thanks for the explanation. smile.gif I'm not sure I totally understand how that works, but I'm glad it's not broken.

I am seeing a few dragons now on some of the refreshes.

Edited by purplehaze

YAY! I'm sooo glad you're back! I love your site! *does the happy dance of joy*

I tried to use the security feature and now it won't let my see my scroll-- keeps asking me to log in over and over and over sad.gif

I tried to use the security feature and now it won't let my see my scroll-- keeps asking me to log in over and over and over  sad.gif

Yeah I still have some bugs to work out. It sucks. All I did was change the URL and it comes with a lot of issues. sad.gif

But since the tk people decided they will delete my domain if the site goes down for a single day, I can't rely on them to put my site on anymore. It's not worth it.

EDIT: I think the security thing is fixed now.

Edited by evina